BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

18 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Not making fun of you whicker, just the irony of this statement makes me chuckle. 

I don’t understand. My point has to do with it being a massive inconvenience for no gain. Its not some deal breaker I’m gonna quit BDL, but I’m gonna voice what I feel are legitimate concerns. You don’t have to read the BDL discussion thread to compete in the league. You don’t have to carefully pour over each post and find a link that some guy threw up. You do have to access rosters and be aware of contracts. You have to access the schedule and free agent list. You should be able to access the spreadsheet directly and receive all the information you need to do a writeup. 

You do not have to access some unnecessary third party to receive updates on online games. Just because you expect most people to have Twitter and will know about your announcer update doesn’t mean you don’t try to cater to those who wouldn’t get that announcement. 

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I don’t understand. My point has to do with it being a massive inconvenience for no gain. Its not some deal breaker I’m gonna quit BDL, but I’m gonna voice what I feel are legitimate concerns. You don’t have to read the BDL discussion thread to compete in the league. You don’t have to carefully pour over each post and find a link that some guy threw up. You do have to access rosters and be aware of contracts. You have to access the schedule and free agent list. You should be able to access the spreadsheet directly and receive all the information you need to do a writeup. 

You do not have to access some unnecessary third party to receive updates on online games. Just because you expect most people to have Twitter and will know about your announcer update doesn’t mean you don’t try to cater to those who wouldn’t get that announcement. 

I agree with you, was just laughing at the Xbox thing because they're owned by microsoft. 

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

We are really complaining and giving someone a hard time over the countless hours they’ve put in to help us? What millennial stink is this 

I have like 15 responses to this but I’ll stick with the simplest. This update to the workbook was done in an unsatisfactory way and this is called criticism. Nothing is perfect regardless of the amount is hours someone puts in. How would you feel if this affected games? Because I’m saying it could and would have affected my game in an alternate universe where I woke up later or decided not to check on my cap space  

I am not picking sides not even sure I understand what is going on. But I will say this.

Mike has ALWAYS been receptive to fair and respectful critique and suggestions.

He puts in a ridiculous amount of work with these workbooks and frankly I am not skilled enough to do it. I think even he would admit, there is always room for improvement but there's gotta be a more civil way to discuss issues.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I have like 15 responses to this but I’ll stick with the simplest. This update to the workbook was done in an unsatisfactory way and this is called criticism. Nothing is perfect regardless of the amount is hours someone puts in. How would you feel if this affected games? Because I’m saying it could and would have affected my game in an alternate universe where I woke up later or decided not to check on my cap space  

But BDL requires maintenance. I’m okay with that.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

But BDL requires maintenance. I’m okay with that.   

I’m okay with that too if you actually read what I’m saying. 

If BDL goes down for “maintenance” then I’d like a banner on my spreadsheet that says “this workbook is no longer current and won’t be updated. Here’s a link to the new workbook.” Or I want it to not be literally named “Updated BDL/Spotrac Master.” Or I want some kind of indication that the workbook I’m using and have direct access to isn’t the one I should be using. I should NOT have to stumble across a post in the discussion thread telling me so. 

35 minutes ago, Whicker said:

You don’t have to carefully pour over each post and find a link that some guy threw up.

He's not some guy, he's been a huge help.

He also already said he forgot to tag you in the post, and he apologized. He also said it took him days and days to update this, and if he hadn't done a separate sheet, you wouldn't be able to access the sheet for days and days while he worked on it. Which you most likely would've been upset with. 

I updated the OP. He'll tag the entire league going forward and I'll do what I can to help make sure the updates get sent to everyone. I'll even PM the new link to everyone from now on.

Edited by Jlash

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I am not picking sides not even sure I understand what is going on. But I will say this.

Mike has ALWAYS been receptive to fair and respectful critique and suggestions.

He puts in a ridiculous amount of work with these workbooks and frankly I am not skilled enough to do it. I think even he would admit, there is always room for improvement but there's gotta be a more civil way to discuss issues.

This is civil debate from my end. I’m telling him what is wrong, why, and how to fix it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He's not some guy, he's been a huge help.

He also already said he forgot to tag you in the post, and he apologized. He also said it took him days and days to update this, and if he hadn't done a separate sheet, you wouldn't be able to access the sheet for days and days while he worked on it. Which you most likely would've been upset with. 

I updated the OP. He'll tag the entire league going forward and I'll do what I can to help make sure the updates get sent to everyone. I'll even PM the new link to everyone from now on.

As long as we’re on the same page 

• Like 1