BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

29 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not even what I said. I said multiple people stated they dont/wont read gameplans and just vote for short game plans or go with 'big names'. Those are types of bias. 

Every vote by someone else is their own opinion in how they view the lineup and the game plan.  So essentially every vote has some sort of bias attached to it.  

I didn't vote in your matchup but I would have voted for Portland because I think their lineup executed irl better this week.  

I only voted in the one matchup that Camden showed up and their opponent didn't, but just looking at your lineup it would have been really hard to vote against Portland, they simply had the better team this week because I tend to look at irl stats.  

I was originally going to say that your starting running backs did nothing this week but after reading your game plan, I see you made the change to McCoy (good move) but it didn't help my evaluation process when I read that you "plan to use a heavy rotation at RB" which puts those guys back in the discussion for me.  Your second receiver, and again after reading the game plan I see that he's the slot receiver now, did very little on the field last week which wouldn't big a big deal because both Brown and Cobb did well but you running a 3-4 wide set the entire game puts him on the field for the bulk of the game.  He caught 1 pass for 5 yards.   Even Big Ben had a rough game last week 

On defense, you come out in man coverage with single high over the top.  

Your starter on the edge, Davon Godchaux has a total of one sack in his 3 year career.  Even Big Ben had a bad game, throwing for 276 yards / 0 TD / 1 INT.

So please don't confuse what I said with simply voting on "big names" when I mentioned Mahomes and McCaffrey having big games.  I could have easily went the other way if your guys put up those kind of numbers.  

My point is that you can have a great game plan but the players have to be able to produce irl as well.  It just wasn't a great week for the players on the roster, that's all.

As for the game plans being too long and not reading them.  Look, I like your writing style, and would have been happy to read more of it.  You didn't really talk your offensive plan up enough imo.  Now do I want to read 4 pages absolutely not, because I think that much detail just becomes muddy with contradictions.  

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Every vote by someone else is their own opinion in how they view the lineup and the game plan.  So essentially every vote has some sort of bias attached to it.  

I didn't vote in your matchup but I would have voted for Portland because I think their lineup executed irl better this week.  

I only voted in the one matchup that Camden showed up and their opponent didn't, but just looking at your lineup it would have been really hard to vote against Portland, they simply had the better team this week because I tend to look at irl stats.  

I was originally going to say that your starting running backs did nothing this week but after reading your game plan, I see you made the change to McCoy (good move) but it didn't help my evaluation process when I read that you "plan to use a heavy rotation at RB" which puts those guys back in the discussion for me.  Your second receiver, and again after reading the game plan I see that he's the slot receiver now, did very little on the field last week which wouldn't big a big deal because both Brown and Cobb did well but you running a 3-4 wide set the entire game puts him on the field for the bulk of the game.  He caught 1 pass for 5 yards.   Even Big Ben had a rough game last week 

On defense, you come out in man coverage with single high over the top.  

Your starter on the edge, Davon Godchaux has a total of one sack in his 3 year career.  Even Big Ben had a bad game, throwing for 276 yards / 0 TD / 1 INT.

So please don't confuse what I said with simply voting on "big names" when I mentioned Mahomes and McCaffrey having big games.  I could have easily went the other way if your guys put up those kind of numbers.  

My point is that you can have a great game plan but the players have to be able to produce irl as well.  It just wasn't a great week for the players on the roster, that's all.

As for the game plans being too long and not reading them.  Look, I like your writing style, and would have been happy to read more of it.  You didn't really talk your offensive plan up enough imo.  Now do I want to read 4 pages absolutely not, because I think that much detail just becomes muddy with contradictions.  

Dak Prescott started for my team. I'm fine with your explanation because their is logic to it.

What I'm saying is this; #1 TLDR is, imo, disrespectful.

#2: I'll vote for the team that has short game plans, is disrespectful and a copout

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I just traded how many assets to you? I'm clearly not trade shy. 

Those aren’t help your team win now assets. Like you said I don’t have. Come on man we know where this is going. You have nothing to offer the people that won’t hurt your Bizz Bowl chances this season. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Those aren’t help your team win now assets. Like you said I don’t have. Come on man we know where this is going. You have nothing to offer the people that won’t hurt your Bizz Bowl chances this season. 

Eh I have depth at spots I can afford to trade.