Baltimore Ravens 2018-19 Roster Tracker

coordinator0

23 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'd like Sizzle back at the right price. What do you think it would cost? 2 years/$16 million? Hopefully he gives a hometown discount. 

Not that I think such a contract would be overpaying for Suggs because I don’t. But I have to think that fair market price looking at guys like Julius Peppers making 1 yr/ $5m. Suggs is definitely better at this stage of each’s respective career. But $3m better?

I’d go with a 3 year/$18m deal with a $3m signing bonus and a $3m roster bonus. This would ensure that Suggs retires as a Raven (3 years). Suggs also gets paid a good sum, upfront (Peppers last two deals saw no more than $2.5m at signing). He’d make $10m in 2019, then play for a lesser amount ($4m) in future years when we’ve got other contracts to worry about.

edit: Essentially Suggs makes bank in 2019, which is better for a veteran player. The team protects some of their guaranteed money in the event that Suggs suffers a career ending injury during the offseason and has to be let go. But we also get him at a good cap hit in the long run (unless we win a SB and he rides off into the sunset.)

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not that I think such a contract would be overpaying for Suggs because I don’t. But I have to think that fair market price looking at guys like Julius Peppers making 1 yr/ $5m. Suggs is definitely better at this stage of each’s respective career. But $3m better?

I’d go with a 3 year/$18m deal with a $3m signing bonus and a $3m roster bonus. This would ensure that Suggs retires as a Raven (3 years). Suggs also gets paid a good sum, upfront (Peppers last two deals saw no more than $2.5m at signing). He’d make $10m in 2019, then play for a lesser amount ($4m) in future years when we’ve got other contracts to worry about.

edit: Essentially Suggs makes bank in 2019, which is better for a veteran player. The team protects some of their guaranteed money in the event that Suggs suffers a career ending injury during the offseason and has to be let go. But we also get him at a good cap hit in the long run (unless we win a SB and he rides off into the sunset.)

I don't know, this seems high to me? If we're not getting him for 4 Mil a year, I'd say pass. 2 years 10mil contract with incentives. Seems reasonable to me. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Peppers got 5 bro, and Suggs offers so much more than him. 

I'd put his contract in line with this I'd say. He should get something comparable. 8 is way to high in my eyes. 

We're sitting at 32 million in cap space right now. That's without releasing or trading Joe. This obviously doesn't include the players we will tender and re-sign. I want to be smart with the space. 

36 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'd put his contract in line with this I'd say. He should get something comparable. 8 is way to high in my eyes. 

We're sitting at 32 million in cap space right now. That's without releasing or trading Joe. This obviously doesn't include the players we will tender and re-sign. I want to be smart with the space. 

Just curious (literally, not trying to be a tool), but you say be smart with the space... so how are you looking to spend our cap money. Assuming we don’t bring back Suggs, who are you spending this cap money on? What’s your free agency plan? 

59 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Just curious (literally, not trying to be a tool), but you say be smart with the space... so how are you looking to spend our cap money. Assuming we don’t bring back Suggs, who are you spending this cap money on? What’s your free agency plan? 

Mosley, Urban, RG3, Gus Edwards, Michael Pierce, Alex Collins (Smokey Brown, if he wants to play for us)

Potentially make a play for a Free agent Center. 

FS) Take a run at Earl Thomas. I think he'd be a great addition if Weddle retires or we cut him. 

WR) Middle of the road WR like a Cobb or Chris Hogan. 

You never know what camp cuts are going to happen. I want to have Suggs on the team but not at 8 million when he's 36.

Your pay breakdown was good though, it's definitely possible he comes in at the breakdown you've stated. I'm not great when it comes to the numbers of it all. You seem pretty well versed in pay breakdown. I didn't mean it as a slight to you. I'm fully aware I've replied not agreeing with some of your points today, I'm not jumping on ya. I actually agree with most of what you say. 

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What's the deal with CJ Mosley? Is he going to be retained? I have a hard time seeing him walk, but I've heard rumblings he could be on the market.

Can't remember if we talked about this, but I have a hard time believing we let him walk, which means we'll probably have to give him $11-13M/year, which sucks. Personally I hope we let him walk because he's massively overrated among the league.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What's the deal with CJ Mosley? Is he going to be retained? I have a hard time seeing him walk, but I've heard rumblings he could be on the market.

I think he'll be re-signed around the 5 years  56 million range. I know that will ruffle a few feathers but that's the going rate and quite frankly. He deserves to be paid well. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can't remember if we talked about this, but I have a hard time believing we let him walk, which means we'll probably have to give him $11-13M/year, which sucks. Personally I hope we let him walk because he's massively overrated among the league.

Really? What does he struggle with? I've seen him play 4-5 times this year and he seems like a beast in every area. Although I will admit, Owusanor or whatever the F his name is has stood out more than Mosley.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Really? What does he struggle with? I've seen him play 4-5 times this year and he seems like a beast in every area. Although I will admit, Owusanor or whatever the F his name is has stood out more than Mosley.

Coverage. Coverage. Coverage. 

OH, yeah.. Coverage. 

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Coverage. Coverage. Coverage. 

OH, yeah.. Coverage. 

Weird....he's so quick AND fast. Hard to imagine a guy known for his athleticism sucks at picking up guys in coverage, but I have seen superfreaks that suck at it. That being said, the Browns need violent edge setters and sure tacklers. He'd be an ideal SLB for us methinks. We could always pull him on passing downs. He's probably best suited for an OLB role with a 4-3 team, right?

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Weird....he's so quick AND fast. Hard to imagine a guy known for his athleticism sucks at picking up guys in coverage, but I have seen superfreaks that suck at it. That being said, the Browns need violent edge setters and sure tacklers. He'd be an ideal SLB for us methinks. We could always pull him on passing downs. He's probably best suited for an OLB role with a 4-3 team, right?

He used to look really quick to the ball. This year he almost looked to be in slow motion on some plays. He could've been playing with an injury all year. Who knows. 

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

You're still thinking of him as a draft prospect.

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

You're still thinking of him as a draft prospect.

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

He used to look really quick to the ball. This year he almost looked to be in slow motion on some plays. He could've been playing with an injury all year. Who knows. 

That's so weird to me...he hasn't been injured, right?

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's so weird to me...he hasn't been injured, right?

He's been injured a lot, he just hasn't missed much time. Was dealing with stuff all through last season and then this year he messed up his knee against the Bengals. He's dealt with some concussion issues too. His mobility comes and goes, but ultimately hasn't hit the peaks it was at early in his career. He's soft against the run. Can't lock down TEs. Little to no splash plays. There just isn't much there and certainly not if you're talking the Elite Money his agent is gunning for.

Hard Worker. Great Guy. Just not worth the money he's going to get imo.

Archived