Anybody else ready to blow it up completely?

Steelers22

On 1/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, Steelers22 said:

I don't know if anybody else is feeling this way but I am just so annoyed at the whole organization for letting it reach this point.  Every one of our star players (e.g. Ben, Bell, Brown) has been a nightmare teammate to deal with and our coach presumably didn't squash it when he had the chance so now we're on the verge of trading a truly generational WR.  If he gets traded, which it sounds like he will be traded, is anybody else fully on board with a full rebuild?  Once Ben's deal expires, I'm more than ready to get rid of him, get rid of tomlin, and start fresh.  

Maybe I'm just overreacting but following this team and their never-ending drama has been truly tiresome.  They've become a hard team to root for.

As long as Tomlin is gone, I’m game!

Don't get me wrong I'm not hell-bent on getting rid of Mike Tomlin. I think if the team continues to decline then that is the Avenue we will take but if Mike Tomlin goes I think so does Kevin Colbert and pretty much everybody else. I feel like the word retooling is much more suited than blowing it up. Pittsburgh basically does that as a constant they retool or reload. My Hope Is that the team turns it around my Tomlin restores the faith of the fan base back in himself and we move on and all of this negativity that's behind us now if you asking me if that's what I think is going to happen well I'm kind of stuck in the middle on that one

On 1/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, Steelers22 said:

I don't know if anybody else is feeling this way but I am just so annoyed at the whole organization for letting it reach this point.  Every one of our star players (e.g. Ben, Bell, Brown) has been a nightmare teammate to deal with and our coach presumably didn't squash it when he had the chance so now we're on the verge of trading a truly generational WR.  If he gets traded, which it sounds like he will be traded, is anybody else fully on board with a full rebuild?  Once Ben's deal expires, I'm more than ready to get rid of him, get rid of tomlin, and start fresh.  

Maybe I'm just overreacting but following this team and their never-ending drama has been truly tiresome.  They've become a hard team to root for.

It's a soap opera. It's disgusting. Like, we're not chicks gossiping and these guys are worse than the The View. It's truly embarrassing. 

Why would you not blow it up now? Do you really think this team is good enough to win? They can't even get along with each other and are about to lose two star players. Do you really think Tomlin is a good coach? What has he done that screams good coach? He won with Cowher's players and was like a Dan Bylsma. Where a new voice worked. 

The longer you wait, the less you get in return. See - the time was this year. You could've got something for Bell. You would've got more for AB. You could've got something nice from Jacksonville for Ben. Now, you're sitting here at the circus just trying to get a couple of bucks back

Indecision is the root of all evil. And Art Rooney II bottled this one. He can still save the day and get us back on the right track. But it's just so much easier to kick the can down the road. 

Problem is then you have no assets to trade. And you're middling somewhere between the dysfunction of the Bengals and the Browns. 

Would everyone agree that Sean Payton is a better coach than Tomlin?

And Drew Brees is, at the minimum, equal to Roethlisberger?

The between 2012 and 2016 the Saints had 4 LOSING seasons.  That is with Brees and Payton.  Perhaps their fans acted as foolish as some of you sound.  Blow it up because a team missed the playoffs?  Why don't we wait for a losing season before we blow it up9_9

51 minutes ago, Money said:

It's a soap opera. It's disgusting. Like, we're not chicks gossiping and these guys are worse than the The View. It's truly embarrassing. 

Why would you not blow it up now? Do you really think this team is good enough to win? They can't even get along with each other and are about to lose two star players. Do you really think Tomlin is a good coach? What has he done that screams good coach? He won with Cowher's players and was like a Dan Bylsma. Where a new voice worked. 

The longer you wait, the less you get in return. See - the time was this year. You could've got something for Bell. You would've got more for AB. You could've got something nice from Jacksonville for Ben. Now, you're sitting here at the circus just trying to get a couple of bucks back

Indecision is the root of all evil. And Art Rooney II bottled this one. He can still save the day and get us back on the right track. But it's just so much easier to kick the can down the road. 

Problem is then you have no assets to trade. And you're middling somewhere between the dysfunction of the Bengals and the Browns. 

You want us to blow it up every year.  You have no clue.

27 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The between 2012 and 2016 the Saints had 4 LOSING seasons.  That is with Brees and Payton.  Perhaps their fans acted as foolish as some of you sound.  Blow it up because a team missed the playoffs?  Why don't we wait for a losing season before we blow it up9_9

While I agree for the most part, I think blowing it up might be inevitable within the next few years unless some things change...like we start to draft better and the staff stops making the same mistakes over and over.

I think 2021 could be the year we see a mass exodus... Colbert, Tomlin and Ben could very well all be gone. Tomlin's contract is up after 2020, and Ben will be 39.

56 minutes ago, jebrick said:

you think the saints had as much over all talent as the steelers during that period too?

seems like they also had the falcons and panthers in their division which had 11, 12, 13 and 15 win seasons

why wait?..............well, i know i like to go far in the playoffs and compete for super bowls. some fans are happy with .500 seasons. to each their own i guess

and some fans can't think beyond the most simple answer.  Why do the Steelers have more talent than the Saints?  The Steelers have not had a losing record in 15 years.  That's nice. Must be all of those FA. 

Lets take the Cleveland Browns route. Sell off talent for 10+ years of losing?  That way you can build up a lot of good picks.  That is much better than competing.  We can sell it to the fans as "The Plan".  Trust us.  Trust the Plan.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Clearly missing the plot. The reason is because you CAN'T have a QB talk **** on teammates OUTSIDE of the locker room. Emmanuel Sanders quote "Peyton Manning is a better leader than Ben". Stands. That's why Ben is out. Not too mention leading league in INT's and a new contract at the age of 38. Where he's not your traditional pocket passer. More along the lines of "make a play"

AB for, uhhh, well, obvious reasons. Dulac warned of this years ago. Still producing but there reaches a point in time when even TO isn't worth it. 

Le'Veon Bell. For obvious reasons. The pot smoking. The general **** you attitude to the organization. 

And last but not least Tomlin. Why? Because he let it all happen. How about "hey Ben, don't do that. We don't air our dirty laundry". How bout talking with Le'Veon about what he wants in a contract. Guiding him in life. Don't smoke pot and do dumb **** bc you have a gift. Be an influence in these young men's life. AB stop being a ******* diva. See - he didn't want to lose "player coach" status by standing up to any of these known dramas. When in reality, all of these dramas should've been a simmer if Tomlin handled them and was truly a "player's coach"

Just remember one thing. Harrison refers to Tomlin as Mike in interviews. **** LeBeau was Coach LeBeau. The players don't respect him bc he doesn't deserve their respect. Bc he lets everyone do whatever they want, instead of filling the role of leader. 

Good day, Sir. 

20 minutes ago, jebrick said:

and some fans can't think beyond the most simple answer.  Why do the Steelers have more talent than the Saints?  The Steelers have not had a losing record in 15 years.  That's nice. Must be all of those FA. 

Lets take the Cleveland Browns route. Sell off talent for 10+ years of losing?  That way you can build up a lot of good picks.  That is much better than competing.  We can sell it to the fans as "The Plan".  Trust us.  Trust the Plan.

tell me why the saints had more then.

what do FA have to do with?

once again, cool with the above .500 record. that is great when im making fun of my family for being lions fans but that doesnt satisfy my desire to want and expect more

and i know as soon as tomlin has a losing season, his fans will come to his rescue and say, 'thats only his first one, lets wait until he has several before making a move'

Archived