Anybody else ready to blow it up completely?

Steelers22

I don't know if anybody else is feeling this way but I am just so annoyed at the whole organization for letting it reach this point.  Every one of our star players (e.g. Ben, Bell, Brown) has been a nightmare teammate to deal with and our coach presumably didn't squash it when he had the chance so now we're on the verge of trading a truly generational WR.  If he gets traded, which it sounds like he will be traded, is anybody else fully on board with a full rebuild?  Once Ben's deal expires, I'm more than ready to get rid of him, get rid of tomlin, and start fresh.  

Maybe I'm just overreacting but following this team and their never-ending drama has been truly tiresome.  They've become a hard team to root for.

feels like we're in the in last minutes of the 4th quarter of the ben/tomlin era. 12-13 years with these two, but it can't last forever, especially in the NFL.  the identity of this team will look real different in a few years..hopefully its a winning identity led by defense.

it is too rare to have a legit qb to win a superbowl with that you wait till that ship has sailed so no you dont blow this up right now. I know it sucks to have the bell situation followed by the brown drama, but we positioned ourselves as about as good as you can with drafting conner and juju. I am with most that Colbert has to do much better on other positions when drafting, but if he is gonna take the blame for that then he does deserve credit for 2 picks that were not overly popular on this forum and now help extend our chance to compete post drama era.

Am I ready to blow it up? Yep. But now is not the time. You've got to wait until after the retirement of Ben Roethlisberger you can't waste years that you could have a chance to go to the Superbowl again. After he retires I think you blow it up. You've got a handful of stars that you can build around like TJ Watt Juju, Conner okay that'might be at, you start rebuilding the entire roster. You keep those three guys maybe add James Washington to that and you start getting what you can out of other guys and get younger and more talented. So am I ready yes but I'm also willing to wait because we need to wait

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Am I ready to blow it up? Yep. But now is not the time. You've got to wait until after the retirement of Ben Roethlisberger you can't waste years that you could have a chance to go to the Superbowl again. After he retires I think you blow it up. You've got a handful of stars that you can build around like TJ Watt Juju, Conner okay that'might be at, you start rebuilding the entire roster. You keep those three guys maybe add James Washington to that and you start getting what you can out of other guys and get younger and more talented. So am I ready yes but I'm also willing to wait because we need to wait

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Rooney basically stating AB will be traded is kinda surprising...thought they would keep it more hush hush.

Start the rumor mill.

Eh. I've condemned what he did, but I think that tough talk is what it is. talk. They wouldn't even do that publicly otherwise. They're doing it because, in my opinion, they think that's what Brown needs and it's their best way to communicate with him at this stage. There's actions they need to see from him that if they don't, he's gone. But none of it is complicated. That entire thing reads kind of the opposite to me - he's a key guy and they want to keep him. The cap situation is what it is because they trusted him from top to bottom.

I've voiced my opinion of what Brown did. But there isn't anyone that would be happy to see Antonio Brown go. They aren't going to get fair compensation. But they need to see a actions before they can even think of welcoming him back.

I've been sick of this regime for a while. Unless major jails occur in trade, UFA and draft, I probably will wait until there are chan get. I will wait and see, but there is no guarantee I will be on here much  because I don't expect to watch much unless changes occur.  No need for me to go into details about what I would like to happen - because it won't ;)  The hint to the AB-less steelers was in the bungles game at home where the steelers needed the win to have a chance at the playoffs.  A kicker off the street saved them the embarrassment and thats one of the worst defences in the league in the bungles.  

I have to agree with flora, this team isn't on the cusp of a SB. To me, They have been wasting away for years now and unless they have a serious haul of personnel , the slide will continue. Don't let that record of last year fool you, that was about as weak of a schedule as possible . This year was reality and next year could be worse.  I'll wait and see , but am expecting more of the same, and that will include drama and other BS like ben throwing people under the bus etc because that is the tomlin/colbert steelers 

Yes and no.

Yes because we are spinning tires and everything about this team is getting stale and the drama is played out.

No because we are still a playoff caliber team with a franchise QB (even if he is on the decline) and blowing it up might send us back into a repeat of the 80s...or worse.

Its coming either way barring a miracle....just a matter of when, most likely.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

blowing it up might send us back into a repeat of the 80s...or worse

only mark malone could accomplish this. With our existing QB's and UFA, I can't see another malone era but I suppose with the right injuries they could get near that. 

OP: blowing this up would only work if the FO was set for a serious win in UFA and the draft and there is no way to know this. The risk/reward is too severe, so for now keep spinning the tires, blame the roads, the weather and the tires and I would eventually expect the wifi while you're at it xD.  And of course accept that as the standard. If AB goes to the colts, and Bell goes to the Chiefs, you could always watch them in the playoffs I suppose-_-

14 hours ago, Chieferific said:

giphy.gif

Allow me to expand on my opinions.

I use the phrase blowing it up a bit loose.

Typically when you 'blow it up'you do what the Raiders have done and trade anything of value and completely rebuild. Thats not what I want. I feel the time is near to build around the quality youth we have. TJ Watt, James Conner, Juju Smith-Schuster, and even Terrell Edmunds. You start transitioning the Oline using DeCastro as your primary building block, move on at QB and 1 at a time, transition the dline to talented but younger. In the secondary youre already going to be younger because its already  major need. As for the coaching staff you replace everyone, bringing someone in that can and will work and build around those building blocks, you replace the GM and entire scouting dept as well. At least that'd be my approach.

22 hours ago, jebrick said:

For me, blowing it up is a new GM, new HC and staff.  New ideas.  New direction.  The last time the Steelers kind of did this was with Cowher but a total blow up might have been with Noll.

Remember, risk adverse.

Which is why I think the ultimate answer is they retool the offense to be younger around Ben, keep working on the defense, and bring in a stopgap QB. 

Archived