new OC

tonykola

10 hours ago, tonykola said:

Hey lions fans looking for feedback. How about Gary Kubiak for OC. 

He runs a lot  of play action passing and seems to check all the boxes for what the lions are trying to do.

Yes. I am all for it. He’s probably the best OC available. 

12 hours ago, tonykola said:

Hey lions fans looking for feedback. How about Gary Kubiak for OC. 

He runs a lot  of play action passing and seems to check all the boxes for what the lions are trying to do.

Kubiak runs a great system but Jeff Davidson runs a lot more man and gap schemes. Would be a big disconnect between our OL coach and OC if they hired Kubiak. 

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

Kubiak runs a great system but Jeff Davidson runs a lot more man and gap schemes. Would be a big disconnect between our OL coach and OC if they hired Kubiak. 

This is a really good point.  I posted an article that said Jeff Davidson was sitting in on all of the OC interviews.  Obviously, they want their new OC to be able to work with Davidson's blocking schemes/philosophies.

Just read on Profootballtalk.com that the cowboys might fire Linehan.  Not sure we'd have interest.  I'm hoping they're waiting for Waldron.   My fear is that  we take too long and end up promoting Davidson or Godsey; or heaven forbid Charlie Weiss.  I would've liked Hackett, I hear he's headed to GB.  

I don't  necessarily hate the move, but I'm not jumping up and down over it either.  It's a safe, vanilla move which seems to be Patricia's MO.  My guess is that if Davidson was in on the interviews, he'll remain as run game coordinator with bevel handling the aerial attack and calling the plays

Archived