We have a trade!

turtle28

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Will have to see more of Crowley before I know what to make of this.

Well we know Dashaun Phillips sucks. He might be the worst slot CB I've ever seen.

Crowley was undrafted free agent out of North Carolina initially signed by Arizona in May. He signed with the Steelers earlier this month and played 10 snaps in last week’s game against the Atlanta Falcons. He sounds like just a body.

I died tge Steelers forum about him, as I suspected, Crowley wasn't going to make their roster just like Phillips wasn't going to make ours so each team swapped players in hopes that they fill a need with the other teams player they're going to cut.

As most know, the Steelers havecan all-pro center Marqice Pouncey - when healthy - and his back up Cody Wallace started almost an entire season 2 or 3 years ago when Pouncey broke his ankle and their offense still functioned at a high level.

Put me in the category of praying that Roullier love oks great in our 3 quarter dress rehearsal and Gruden/Callahan have enough smarts to start him either at center or Guard and Lauvao is benched.

If that happens and I'm Allen/Schaffer I'd be asking Lauvao to turn some of his salary into incentives - like 1/2 of it. Something like if you play so many games as the starter then you get the other $2.5 million but at this point I wouldn't cut Lauvao unless another good guard who'd be an upgrade over him gets cut which is highly unlikely.

Ill also add just for extra conversation that next draft we should be drafting a guard somewhere in rounds 2-4 and an OT prospect to develop as well. It's clear we need to add more depth on the OL, and I'm not sold that Nsekhe will stay after this season when he could start at LT for 1/2 of the league and make $5 million plus doing it. It wouldn't shock me at all if Sean McVay scoops him next offseason to be the Rams starting LT.

From a UNC fan on the tweet machine:

Hopefully Marcus21 can give us some insight on Crowley as well. Sounds like a solid player but he's undersized. One would hope that since the combine he's put some weight on and isn't 269 pounds anymore. I guess we'll find out soon.

He is along the Kory L body type. He moves and pulls very well. Obviously his size plays into that! He was a solid starter at UNC, but they play a spread system. If he can get bigger and stronger, I think he can compete! I don't think he will challenge Long or Roullier for a roster spot, but could be a PS guy to develope!! 

17 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

He is along the Kory L body type. He moves and pulls very well. Obviously his size plays into that! He was a solid starter at UNC, but they play a spread system. If he can get bigger and stronger, I think he can compete! I don't think he will challenge Long or Roullier for a roster spot, but could be a PS guy to develope!! 

635969801860238266636192942_635969801857

2 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

We seem to have issues with our current starter not being able to call the blocking assignments correctly which is hurting everything we do and is probably the major reason why our run game has gone in the crapper ever since the middle of the 2015 season.

I'm no expert but from what Cooley was explaining and others have made gifs of & videos of on twitter, our OL communication is a mess and it all starts with the center.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Trash for trash deal. Both teams hope the other guy just needs a change of scenery, but in most cases they both get cut anyway.

Seems like a move to have him play most or all of the 4th preseason game so Roullier doesn't have to and hopefully acquiring him is a practice squad prep move and he can develop there for 2 years and get bigger/stronger.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Seems like a move to have him play most or all of the 4th preseason game so Roullier doesn't have to and hopefully acquiring him is a practice squad prep move and he can develop there for 2 years and get bigger/stronger.

Eh, maybe. More likely we'll have other guys who will bump him for a practice squad spot due to them being more in front of the coaches.

21 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Keep in mind, @turtle28, NFL.com graded him at 4.94. Their system has a 5.0 of a player as 50/50 making the roster. His chances of making the rosters are almost assuredly next to zero barring injuries. He'll likely only have the final game to make any impression on the staff. He's almost assuredly getting zero attention from them right now, since he's just getting into DC and trying to find a place to stay. Meanwhile, the team is in full preparation for game 3. So he'll get at most 7 practices and one game.

Essentially, he's got no chance.

Trash for trash.

Archived