πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It brings me great joy that xmas will be slightly worse for cowboy fans from that loss. Β I hope everything else goes great. But that….that I find pleasure in.Β 

I mean.. they lost by 2 points in Miami to a team that is fantastic there and obviously a SB contender. I’m not sure it paints a real negative picture of the Cowboys, really. It’s just unfortunate that Philly will likely still win the division despite their issues lately.Β 

14 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

And yet here you are trying to convince yourself this Cowboys team is different.Β  Sucks to suck.

Different than.. what? You people follow your own delusional narratives out of hate. I’ve never been here saying the Cowboys are winning it all. Only one team out of 32 wins it all.. and it’s dumb to clown a team for not going all the way. They have a chance, but the Niners are probably the best team in football and of course everything in the NFC will go through them.Β 
Β 

No rational fan actually think that the Cowboys suck. Three seasons in a row now being among the best in the NFC with 3 straight playoff appearances and 10+ wins each season. Obviously they don’t suck.Β 

52 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean.. they lost by 2 points in Miami to a team that is fantastic there and obviously a SB contender. I’m not sure it paints a real negative picture of the Cowboys, really. It’s just unfortunate that Philly will likely still win the division despite their issues lately.Β 

It’s painted a negative picture for years now.Β 
Β 

Philly wins the division because they’re most likely going to win more games than the cowboys. It’s no less or more unfortunate that the cowboys can’t get it done when it’s in arms length away.Β 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s painted a negative picture for years now.Β 
Β 

Philly wins the division because they’re most likely going to win more games than the cowboys. It’s no less or more unfortunate that the cowboys can’t get it done when it’s in arms length away.Β 

But what are you really talking about here? That they just barely lost to a SB caliber team at their place? A place where they’ve been dominant? Play that game in Dallas and it’s a different story.Β 
Β 

Aside from that, what are you really saying? That they aren’t the best team in the conference because the Niners will once again stand as a road block? A negative picture exists just because they haven’t beaten the Niners and gone on to win it all? Or does a negative picture exist simply from people that despise the Cowboys and want them to be miserable?

Three seasons in a row of being one of the strongest teams in the conference / NFL is not a negative picture. Three seasons of 10+ wins in a row is not a negative picture. No other team in the league faces the same absurd scrutiny - there is very obviously a double standard in play.

Falling short in the first round to the NFC South champ would be one thing.. but let’s maybe let things play out before passing judgment. Maybe the team continues to get a little better on the road and is able to match with San Fran. At this point we don’t know what will happen.

The Cowboys inability to win on the road against good teams is a major concern... I don't know how you can spin that to a positive.Β 

BTW, the Dolphins are a SB contenders... it sounds nice when you say you because you lost to them, but they arent going to get past round 1. A SB team doesn't lose to the Titans with 14 point lead. But neither are the Cowboys.Β 

15 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

The Cowboys inability to win on the road against good teams is a major concern... I don't know how you can spin that to a positive.Β 

BTW, the Dolphins are a SB contenders... it sounds nice when you say you because you lost to them, but they arent going to get past round 1. A SB team doesn't lose to the Titans with 14 point lead. But neither are the Cowboys.Β 

Cherry picking one game this season where the Dolphins absolutely choked and then using that one performance as their identity to discredit Dallas is asinine. The Dolphins are obviously a top team in the AFC and they have as much a chance in that conference as anyone. They’ve had some occasional slip ups this season, but they have largely been very good.. especially at home.Β 
Β 

β€œInability” is not the right word to describe the Cowboys performance on the road. They lost that game by 2 points, and it easily could have gone the other way. Let’s not act like Dallas got rolled / outclassed. If not for the uncharacteristic fumble on the 1 yard line very early in the game we’re looking at a different result. We’re talking about a play here or there and the narrative is totally different.. and yet hateful fans want to use the words β€œcan’t”, β€œinability”, etc Β instead of being rational and understanding that Dallas only just barely came up short on the road against a very good team. They obviously didn’t have an β€œinability” to win that game, and they don’t need to hang their heads over it.

Edited by NoFlyZone

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

But what are you really talking about here? That they just barely lost to a SB caliber team at their place? A place where they’ve been dominant? Play that game in Dallas and it’s a different story.Β 
Β 

Aside from that, what are you really saying? That they aren’t the best team in the conference because the Niners will once again stand as a road block? A negative picture exists just because they haven’t beaten the Niners and gone on to win it all? Or does a negative picture exist simply from people that despise the Cowboys and want them to be miserable?

Three seasons in a row of being one of the strongest teams in the conference / NFL is not a negative picture. Three seasons of 10+ wins in a row is not a negative picture. No other team in the league faces the same absurd scrutiny - there is very obviously a double standard in play.

Falling short in the first round to the NFC South champ would be one thing.. but let’s maybe let things play out before passing judgment. Maybe the team continues to get a little better on the road and is able to match with San Fran. At this point we don’t know what will happen.

I’m just wondering when you run out of excuses frankly.Β 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’m not sure where I see excuses.. I was simply explaining what has happened lol.

It’s fine if you’re a t ball coach bro. When do $100M players, that have every opportunity, get it done? How long can you continue to go down the same road without achieving and continuing the same routine? When have you exhausted the excuses and just expect the team to make plays and win? Thats the question.Β 

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s fine if you’re a t ball coach bro. When do $100M players, that have every opportunity, get it done? How long can you continue to go down the same road without achieving and continuing the same routine? When have you exhausted the excuses and just expect the team to make plays and win? Thats the question.Β 

It’s a simple matter of it not being all or nothing. It’s a simple matter of their being levels to things. It’s not a matter of you either being the very best team in your conference or you’re chopped liver. And again, you’re saying these things and the playoffs haven’t even started yet.Β 

I made the example before, but what about Aaron Rodgers and those strong GB teams he had for years and years? That team never got back to the SB after 2010. We’re talking a decade+ of not quite being the best team in their conference.. and yet no one acted like Rodgers was an overrated bum on an overrated team. We were able to acknowledge his success despite the fact that he spent a decade+ not achieving what the Cowboys have been trying to achieve as well. I don’t think we treat any team like we treat the Cowboys.. and it has a lot to do with fans wanting them to be a miserable franchise because they get off on that perceived misery.