🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

What does your team being obsolete have to do with our team being trash right now? 

I call this the ugly sister theory. When you call someone else’s sister ugly. And they say, well your sister is ugly too. Does that make your sister not ugly then? 

Obsolete? They’re 11-5 and have the #2 seed. Have a good chance at 12-5. Calling them obsolete and ugly is a reach to say the least.

Losing to Arizona in December to potentially throw away the division, though? Now that’s ugly. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

5 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Obsolete? They’re 11-5 and have the #2 seed. Have a good chance at 12-5. Calling them obsolete and ugly is a reach to say the least.

Losing to Arizona in December to potentially throw away the division, though? Now that’s ugly. 

Dallas being a reversed 2 pt conversion away from losing 3 in December isn’t ugly? Ok there partner, saddle up then. 

Besides, the analogy went over your head I’m assuming then. Even if a Panthers fan called Dallas weak, does it make it any less true? And make no mistake, Dallas is not a strong team. They damn near collapse almost every time someone decent lines up against them. But like every year, we’ll just see it in the playoffs. But then again, that’s ok with you too. Just getting there is enough to be happy about, right? 

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Dallas being a reversed 2 pt conversion away from losing 3 in December isn’t ugly? Ok there partner, saddle up then. 

Besides, the analogy went over your head I’m assuming then. Even if a Panthers fan called Dallas weak, does it make it any less true? And make no mistake, Dallas is not a strong team. They damn near collapse almost every time someone decent lines up against them. But like every year, we’ll just see it in the playoffs. But then again, that’s ok with you too. Just getting there is enough to be happy about, right? 

It never should have come down to that drive as Hendershot was called for a nonsensical drive killing penalty just the previous drive which gave Detroit life off of a strong, clock chewing run by Pollard to the 20. Hutchinson tried to trip Pollard as he broke free, and Dallas was randomly hit by the penalty.. putting them far behind the sticks when they were moving the ball well and chewing away the clock. That drive could have easily ended in 7, or at least taken significantly more clock. Instead they were issued a drive killing penalty off of something Detroit did. 

But of course anti Dallas viewpoints only care about the debacle at the end.. something that only took place because of the bs on the previous drive. The confusion at end hurt Dallas as well given that 70 was called eligible and not 68.. which led to big 68 just waltzing into the endzone for a cheap score. Detroit then had two more opportunities for it and still couldn’t do it. Detroit is also 11-5. All I’ve heard this season is that Dallas can’t beat good teams. Weird.

Just about every team has had adversity this year. You’re definitely going to miss me with bringing up the times where they’ve faltered. 11-5 with a good chance for 12-5 and the #2 seed. Sounds good to me. Very obviously not obsolete. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

18 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It never should have come down to that drive as Hendershot was called for a nonsensical drive killing penalty just the previous drive which gave Detroit life off of a strong, clock chewing run by Pollard to the 20. Hutchinson tried to trip Pollard as he broke free, and Dallas was randomly hit by the penalty.. putting them far behind the sticks when they were moving the ball well and chewing away the clock. That drive could have easily ended in 7, or at least taken significantly more clock. Instead they were issued a drive killing penalty off of something Detroit did. 

But of course anti Dallas viewpoints only care about the debacle at the end.. something that only took place because of the bs on the previous drive. The confusion at end hurt Dallas as well given that 70 was called eligible and not 68.. which led to big 68 just waltzing into the endzone for a cheap score. Detroit then had two more opportunities for it and still couldn’t do it. Detroit is also 11-5. All I’ve heard this season is that Dallas can’t beat good teams. Weird.

Just about every team has had adversity this year. You’re definitely going to miss me with bringing up the times where they’ve faltered. 11-5 with a good chance for 12-5 and the #2 seed. Sounds good to me. Very obviously not obsolete. 

Didn’t read any of that. But I imagine you’re excusing away some referee calls. And only Dallas deals with bad ref calls. It all comes out in the wash, bro. You are or you aren’t and that’s it. And Dallas has been obsolete in being in the “are” category for decades now. 

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Didn’t read any of that. But I imagine you’re excusing away some referee calls. And only Dallas deals with bad ref calls. It all comes out in the wash, bro. You are or you aren’t and that’s it. And Dallas has been obsolete in being in the “are” category for decades now. 

Cool, so stay ignorant I guess. It was a simple explanation of the tripping call against Dallas where their guy didn’t trip anyone at all.. it was actually Hutchinson that attempted to trip Pollard but for some reason it was called on Hendershot and killed the drive/ saved Detroit after a strong run by Pollard to the 20 with a first down.

Not to mention the debacle at the end hurt both sides: https://x.com/emmanuelacho/status/1741494062144758260?s=46&t=y0VHicKGmSZd2sAJbB52QA

I don’t care about what happened in past decades or things outside of the modern day when it comes to looking at this Cowboys team. It’s irrelevant. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Cool, so stay ignorant I guess. It was a simple explanation of the tripping call against Dallas where their guy didn’t trip anyone at all.. it was actually Hutchinson that attempted to trip Pollard but for some reason it was called on Hendershot and killed the drive/ saved Detroit after a strong run by Pollard to the 20 with a first down.

Not to mention the debacle at the end hurt both sides: https://x.com/emmanuelacho/status/1741494062144758260?s=46&t=y0VHicKGmSZd2sAJbB52QA

I don’t care about what happened in past decades or things outside of the modern day when it comes to looking at this Cowboys team. It’s irrelevant. 

Yea. Again. Every team, every week can absolve or blame the refs. It’s apart of football. Enough games played and it just comes out in the wash. Everyone goes through it. It’s not germane to the fans of Dallas. You overcome it or not. 

It becomes narrative certainly when Dak is your QB for the last 7 (?) years or so, correct? Something is a constant. 

39 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea. Again. Every team, every week can absolve or blame the refs. It’s apart of football. Enough games played and it just comes out in the wash. Everyone goes through it. It’s not germane to the fans of Dallas. You overcome it or not. 

It becomes narrative certainly when Dak is your QB for the last 7 (?) years or so, correct? Something is a constant. 

I don’t even disagree with a majority of your post here..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Now we pray the Rams rest their starters, lose, and the Packers win. If the Rams finish as the 7 seed, they’re upsetting the Cowboys in the 1st round….. That’s all I’m really hoping for for the rest of the season.

The Rams barely survived the NYG and won off of them missing the somewhat long game winning field goal attempt. Think that could be a bit much to hope for.

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

The Rams barely survived the NYG and won off of them missing the somewhat long game winning field goal attempt. Think that could be a bit much to hope for.

They also took Baltimore to OT In Baltimore. On the biggest stage in the playoffs if we’re talking just QB/HC combo, zero people are taking Dak/McCarthy over Stafford/McVay.

On 1/1/2024 at 7:16 PM, Art_Vandalay said:

They also took Baltimore to OT In Baltimore. On the biggest stage in the playoffs if we’re talking just QB/HC combo, zero people are taking Dak/McCarthy over Stafford/McVay.

Because of cliches and the fact that people love to see Dallas fail. Let’s not act like the Rams have been particularly great since 2021. That Stafford/McVay combo got punched in the mouth by Dallas already this season. They would be massive underdogs against Dallas in the playoffs. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

On 1/1/2024 at 8:16 PM, Art_Vandalay said:

I would much rather face GB than the Rams, but if we’re comparing  Dak/Stanford than east Dak. If weee comparing McCarthy/McVay the. I agree with Art.

Rams were what, 1-5 or something to start? Now they’re world beaters. They’re like the reverse of the Eagles this season.  But Love and GB are also getting hot at the right time and Cowboys are in rough waters the last few weeks, so I’m not sure any matchup is “ideal”.

That being said I’d bet money that Dallas is favored by Vegas in either matchup combo