πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

21 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Wow. That’s some really easy grading there. I guess I can just make up my own superlatives too.Β 

I guess Dak would be superhuman then, according to arbitrary tiers.Β 

Β 

It's a rather common way people on this forum rank QB's... but you do you my mans.

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

Haha - We’re going with that revisionist history now?

What the hell is revisionist about that? Who can tell me, without a doubt, all those guys were clearly worse than Romo? You have to be joking.Β 

8 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Whole bunch of superlatives in this thread...

What’s this prove? The dude has Dak in the β€œgood” category.Β 
Β 

Are we saying Dak is having a great year? Sure. Is he a great QB? He’s not. You don’t just get to claim it. There’s ways to measure greatness. Dak isn’t there yet. If he had a career ending injury tomorrow, he’d be known as having a good career. He’s got work to do. I don’t know why that’s controversial. Like I said, go post in general β€œIs Dak considered a great QB?” I will relinquish the effort if people agree with you. I’ll happily disagree but eat my crow.Β 

23 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Go in General and ask if Daks great.Β 

It's like you've never left this forum and have your head in the sand... Shockwave's method of ranking was pretty standard/typical for Gen/Comp forums as a whole across fanbases. Β You're sarcastically made up rankings only prove you're not serious.

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Β 

Are we saying Dak is having a great year? Sure. Is he a great QB? He’s not. You don’t just get to claim it. There’s ways to measure greatness. Dak isn’t there yet. If he had a career ending injury tomorrow, he’d be known as having a good career. He’s got work to do. I don’t know why that’s controversial. Like I said, go post in general β€œIs Dak considered a great QB?” I will relinquish the effort if people agree with you. I’ll happily disagree but eat my crow.Β 

Errm two things.Β 

1- My superlative arbitrary rankings are common
2- Quite a few people have Dak in their 2nd teir regardless of what the label it asΒ 

11 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I can see cases being made for Dak being great and being good, presnap he is great no doubt about it. But more importantly and no matter what team you root for at least everyone can agree he is cringe AF.Β 

This I cannot argue.Β 
The pregame hip thrust thing and the "OK here we goooooo" cadence really gets under my skinΒ 
Β 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Β 

You seem to be debating two very different things...

Shockwave and others are saying - TODAY, as it stands, Dak is what many would consider to be a Great QB... as in you take all 32 starters (and a dozen+ backups that saw more time than their starters, lol) and you rank them 1-32 or 1-50, Dak is going to be #3-5 on most of those lists. Β He's going to be below Mahomes and Lamar ("Elite") and he's going to be with Burrows (who was out most of the year), Purdy and maybe a couple others (Great). Β Then you're going to have those who are good, solid starting QB's (ie above the average, so #8-16) and then you're going to have the bad, terrible, and lolol QB's. Β 

What you seem to be debating is if Dak will be considered a "great QB" when he's done - and I would agree with you in that scenario that his story isn't finished and he has a lot left to prove. Β Same reason Mahomes isn't an all-time ELITE QB (yet) - if he falls off a cliff tomorrow and plays like absolute garbage for the next 3-5 years, his 2 SB rings and every other piece of hardware he won probably are enough to get him to the HOF (Eli's gonna get in based off less), but not surpass the greats like Montana, Peyton, Brady, Young, etc. Β 

So is Dak a great QB today? Yes (I promise even you can't honestly name 5 QB's you'd rather have than him this season)
Has Dak had a great Career? Not yet

22 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

It's like you've never left this forum and have your head in the sand... Shockwave's method of ranking was pretty standard/typical for Gen/Comp forums as a whole across fanbases. Β You're sarcastically made up rankings only prove you're not serious.

What the point was/is; I can declare anybody anything I want if the categories are labeled as such.Β 
Β 

If you consider Dak great, (which I asked already and I didn’t get a response), who else is considered great?Β 
Β 

Dak, with his current achievements, would be lumped into A LOT of other QBs. If you consider the majority of decent QBs great, then I have more problem with your ranking system than I do Dak.Β 
Β 

So, who else is considered great? Are we talking career? Just this season? There’s parameters that, if you’re making the claim, we could set. But if not, a blanket claim that Dak is great, then I’m comparing him to every QB that has played.Β 

29 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Errm two things.Β 

1- My superlative arbitrary rankings are common
2- Quite a few people have Dak in their 2nd teir regardless of what the label it asΒ 

If the second tier is β€œgreat” I need to know who else is in there. Is it just this year? Then Dak is playing great. If not, there’s nothing he’s done yet to consider him great.Β 

13 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

You seem to be debating two very different things...

Shockwave and others are saying - TODAY, as it stands, Dak is what many would consider to be a Great QB... as in you take all 32 starters (and a dozen+ backups that saw more time than their starters, lol) and you rank them 1-32 or 1-50, Dak is going to be #3-5 on most of those lists. Β He's going to be below Mahomes and Lamar ("Elite") and he's going to be with Burrows (who was out most of the year), Purdy and maybe a couple others (Great). Β Then you're going to have those who are good, solid starting QB's (ie above the average, so #8-16) and then you're going to have the bad, terrible, and lolol QB's. Β 

What you seem to be debating is if Dak will be considered a "great QB" when he's done - and I would agree with you in that scenario that his story isn't finished and he has a lot left to prove. Β Same reason Mahomes isn't an all-time ELITE QB (yet) - if he falls off a cliff tomorrow and plays like absolute garbage for the next 3-5 years, his 2 SB rings and every other piece of hardware he won probably are enough to get him to the HOF (Eli's gonna get in based off less), but not surpass the greats like Montana, Peyton, Brady, Young, etc. Β 

So is Dak a great QB today? Yes (I promise even you can't honestly name 5 QB's you'd rather have than him this season)
Has Dak had a great Career? Not yet

I’ve confirmed multiple times he’s playing great this year. He’s not a great QB though. Hurts played great last year. He’s not a great QB. At times Cousins plays great. He’s not a great QB. When someone says he’s β€œgreat”, I need receipts.Β 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If the second tier is β€œgreat” I need to know who else is in there. Is it just this year? Then Dak is playing great. If not, there’s nothing he’s done yet to consider him great.Β 

For me.. it was:
Great:
Dak
Tua
Allen
Hurts
Burrow
Purdy

Β 

T1 - Mahomes
T2 - Lamar, Allen, Dak, Burrow
T3 - Purdy, Stroud, Tua, Cousins