The Oscars

RamRod

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

All y'all getting salty over a stupid award show that is nothing more than Hollywood elitists throwing their political opinion at you telling you what you need to think lol. 

Just saw this thread was still going and wanted to see if I was right in my suspicions

And you're getting salty over something you clearly didn't watch (because the amount of politicization on this particular show was pretty minimal), so what exactly is your point?

Don't throw around words like "elitists" and then close your post with the bolded statement.  All it does is make you look like a hypocrite.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

And you're getting salty over something you clearly didn't watch (because the amount of politicization on this particular show was pretty minimal), so what exactly is your point?

Don't throw around words like "elitists" and then close your post with the bolded statement.  All it does is make you look like a hypocrite.

Nope, wife made me watch it. I saw quite a bit of political pandering from the red carpet throughout the show.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Nope, wife made me watch it. I saw quite a bit of political pandering from the red carpet throughout the show.

Then we have very different definitions of "politics" and it seems yours is more akin to "anything that threatens your bubble."

Honest question though, what exactly do you feel like you're gaining coming into a thread and needling people about getting "salty" when you're, in doing that, making a post that's so full of salt it's practically a lake in Utah?  You're not contributing anything new to the conversation.  And you're taking a holier than thou position while chiding other people for doing the same.  You don't see the hypocrisy in that?  Or do you just not care?

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Then we have very different definitions of "politics" and it seems yours is more akin to "anything that threatens your bubble."

Honest question though, what exactly do you feel like you're gaining coming into a thread and needling people about getting "salty" when you're, in doing that, making a post that's so full of salt it's practically a lake in Utah?  You're not contributing anything new to the conversation.  And you're taking a holier than thou position while chiding other people for doing the same.  You don't see the hypocrisy in that?  Or do you just not care?

Nothing threatened me and I'm hardly upset about anything but instead, amused.  You're right though, we're not adding anything to the convo so I'm exiting! Enjoy!!

• 1 month later...

The Favourite 2019

One of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life.  And this is one that was nominated for 10 Oscars and won 1 for Best actress Olivia Colman.  Freaking awful, it is just two chicks getting it on or trying to with 'Queen Ann' to gain power.  Freaking terrible, I did not think many movies could be worse than The Shape of Water last year but this is almost worse.  Guess it helps prove that yeah the Oscars this year had awful nominees and proof being this was nominated for 10, insane.....

Archived