The Oscars

RamRod

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How many completely forgettable Best Picture winners is that this decade now?  7 out of 8?

The only ones I've seen are 12 Years a Slave and Spotlight being quite honest. I rarely have the desire to see any of the best pictures because I know they're mostly blatant Oscar grabs.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

the most recent one with any lasting power was

2008 - "No Country for Old Men

Being completely honest, I love Spotlight. I've probably seen it 50 times already. I know a lot of people don't feel the same way but I thought it was worthy.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Nah. I wasn't all that enamored with MM:FR.

I'd have put Ex Machina ahead of it tbh.  And IIRC my pick for most deserving BP that year stood no chance of even a nom because it was either a documentary or Chinese.  I'm not sure if I'm mixing up years without looking it up.

19 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'd have put Ex Machina ahead of it tbh.  And IIRC my pick for most deserving BP that year stood no chance of even a nom because it was either a documentary or Chinese.  I'm not sure if I'm mixing up years without looking it up.

Ex Machina was pretty basic and not best picture worthy IMO. 

Honestly, I haven't been enamored with any movie lately, really. So, this day and age, we're having mediocre films win awards because, well, everything has been mediocre lol. 

Archived