NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

Just now, RollEagles said:

If it wasn't for the culture in Alabama and I was a recruit with an offer from Alabama, I'd go there in a second. Facilities are arguably the best in college football. The strength and conditioning program there is amongst the best. The coaching is incredible. And there's a proven track record of getting guys to the NFL. 

If I was a GM, I'd totally understand why. 

yeah but im not saying go to arkansas st. if alabama will take you most big 5 schools will. You can easily go to maryland and play every snap for 3 years.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah but im not saying go to arkansas st. if alabama will take you most big 5 schools will. You can easily go to maryland and play every snap for 3 years.

For sure but there's clearly advantages of going to Alabama versus Maryland. 

I also think the atmosphere of the stadium makes a huge difference to those kids too. And Alabama has a pretty awesome game day experience. 

In terms of Alabama and Maryland, the best example is this:

Stefon Diggs went to Maryland and was a star. Was often injured but still got drafted by the Vikings in the 5th round. 

His younger brother Trevon Diggs was a 4 star recruit and I believe he was deciding between Maryland or Alabama. He picked Alabama and I wouldn't be surprised if Diggs ends up getting drafted higher than his brother. He knew what Maryland had to offer and Alabama had to offer and I think some kids just recognize that Alabama has the facilities to make their time in college very comfortable as athletes. 

I think other top programs are catching on. If you want to be a really top program and consistently get the top recruits, build the best facilities. Get a good coach. They'll come.

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

For sure but there's clearly advantages of going to Alabama versus Maryland. 

I also think the atmosphere of the stadium makes a huge difference to those kids too. And Alabama has a pretty awesome game day experience. 

In terms of Alabama and Maryland, the best example is this:

Stefon Diggs went to Maryland and was a star. Was often injured but still got drafted by the Vikings in the 5th round. 

His younger brother Trevon Diggs was a 4 star recruit and I believe he was deciding between Maryland or Alabama. He picked Alabama and I wouldn't be surprised if Diggs ends up getting drafted higher than his brother. He knew what Maryland had to offer and Alabama had to offer and I think some kids just recognize that Alabama has the facilities to make their time in college very comfortable as athletes. 

I think other top programs are catching on. If you want to be a really top program and consistently get the top recruits, build the best facilities. Get a good coach. They'll come.

Diggs falling in the draft was just some bad injury lucky. He would have been at least a second round pick if he didn't have those concerns. 

5 minutes ago, 808 said:

Not draft prospect related, but I feel the Herm Edwards hire at ASU is a dumpster fire waiting to ignite. I don't think he has any chance to succeed long term.

I sort of thought the same thing, but then I remembered he's been coaching the Under Armour all american games for a couple years now, so he's already got somewhat of a pulse or presence in the scouting community. Who he hires to run both sides of the ball and his scouting is key.

Just now, Jlash said:

I sort of thought the same thing, but then I remembered he's been coaching the Under Armour all american games for a couple years now, so he's already got somewhat of a pulse or presence in the scouting community. Who he hires to run both sides of the ball and his scouting is key.

How many times does he say "you play to win the game" during half time speeches? Every single one, or every other one?

I guess motivators like Herm succeed every now and then, but I'm not banking on it. Here on LA radio this morning, they were talking about he can't even hire his own staff. The athletic dept at ASU is keeping or getting their own guys, not Herm's choices.

It will all come down to how he recruits. With USC and Stanford atop the conference, and Chip taking the UCLA job, it's going to be tough to get top talent IMO. 

8 hours ago, 808 said:

Not draft prospect related, but I feel the Herm Edwards hire at ASU is a dumpster fire waiting to ignite. I don't think he has any chance to succeed long term.

That's still the most awkward HC hire this year. I have no idea what ASU expects from that.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:10 AM, RollEagles said:

Tony Brown is one of my favorite players in this draft. I have no idea where he's projected to go but he's one of those players that plays with a ton of attitude, was an elite athlete coming out of high school, and is all over the field. 

Projected 2nd-3rd. Probably a little early for the eagles to take a CB but if he could play safety....

On 12/5/2017 at 10:08 AM, 808 said:

When he called it the 'Pacific 12' in the press conference I cringed hard. 

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't disagree with this but I'd argue that Safety is up there with LB and OT.

If Bradham comes back, then I really don't see a screaming need for 2018. It would really put the Eagles in a position to grab true BPA on every pick.

Yeah you can use a LT of the future or at least a quality swing Tackle if you like Big V.

We need an insurance policy behind Hicks and LB depth in general

.Another WR is useful when Torrey gets cut.

Malcolm is getting up there and the Eagles like using 3 Safeties, so a safety is in play.

Really no long term RB answer on the roster yet.

But it looks like the Eagles won't have to really force a player at any one position come draft time assuming nothing dramatic happens. 

Archived