NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

19 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

When he called it the 'Pacific 12' in the press conference I cringed hard. 

His whole presser was awkward. 

"We're gonna ride this train. We're gonna ride this train...until it stops. And it won't stop." Truly inspirational.

12 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Oregon has the most famous booster in the country. That's a good gig. 

It's a good gig but it ain't FSU.
Oregon just isn't a football state. It doesn't produce elite recruits on a frequent basis. All the glitter and glam won't buy them a National Championship.

7 hours ago, Phire said:

Oregon just isn't a football state. It doesn't produce elite recruits on a frequent basis. All the glitter and glam won't buy them a National Championship.

The state doesn't need to produce elite recruits when California is your neighbor. What they need is someone who can get those kids out of California and to Oregon, which is obviously easier said then done. I think Justin Wilcox should be the guy - he's got heavy ties to the Northwest (Oregon grad and spent time at UW, USC and Cal) and did great things with Cal in his first year. 

EDIT - thought this was the Coaching thread in CFB. My bad

30 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

The state doesn't need to produce elite recruits when California is your neighbor. What they need is someone who can get those kids out of California and to Oregon, which is obviously easier said then done. I think Justin Wilcox should be the guy - he's got heavy ties to the Northwest (Oregon grad and spent time at UW, USC and Cal) and did great things with Cal in his first year. 

EDIT - thought this was the Coaching thread in CFB. My bad

It's easier said than done, right, and that's why Oregon will always be fighting an uphill battle for prominence. 

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Some other fan bases blow my mind. Dude on the Skins board thinks they can get Roquon Smith in the 3rd and Sony Michel in the 4th because one of those do-it-yourself draft websites told him so.

LOL.

On 12/7/2017 at 6:34 AM, Phire said:

What kind of state is it?

It's not a basketball state. It's not a baseball state. It's not a Hockey state. It's not a soccer state. The Ducks are all Oregon really has to look forward to. They know the Trailblazers will never be better than the Spurs, Warriors, etc. Nobody cares about soccer. If an Oregon coach ever wins a national championship, he will be a demigod within the state.

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's not a basketball state. It's not a baseball state. It's not a Hockey state. It's not a soccer state. The Ducks are all Oregon really has to look forward to. They know the Trailblazers will never be better than the Spurs, Warriors, etc. Nobody cares about soccer. If an Oregon coach ever wins a national championship, he will be a demigod within the state.

It's none of them. Not a sports state. 

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

oregon basketball team aint bad though. Made the elite 8 the past 2 years. 

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Home to the single largest fungus that runs more than 2,000 miles below a national forest. So, it's a pretty cool state.

Archived