Official: Raiders to play 2019 season in Oakland

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man there's some ridiculous talks on this forum and others about fans still being mad at the decision to move to Las Vegas. Seriously? In what world is staying in Oakland and playing out of O.co more beneficial than moving to a $1 B+, state of the art facility in the entertainment capital of the world? Some sport fans are so dense. 

They don’t care it’s all about the “ Town “ I live in the bay not the Eastbay but I can understand the fans upset about how it went down 

In 5, 10, 15, whatever years, we'll look back at this move as a major turning point for our franchise imo. The Raider brand is going to be even stronger internationally, we'll have one of the premiere sporting facility in America, and the tax benefits of playing in LV is going to be massive.

I can't wait to begin the Vegas chapter of the Raiders.

39 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Look, if you want to intertwine your personal identity with a billion dollar corporation under the guise of fandom, be my guest. But it's pathetic to insult the intelligence of other fans just because they don't share that point of view.

It'll be interesting to see how they cope seeing the Raiders truly elevate themselves in Vegas. The team is going to be so much better off out of Oakland. 

40 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

They don’t care it’s all about the “ Town “ I live in the bay not the Eastbay but I can understand the fans upset about how it went down 

Are you going to jump ship once they are officially the Vegas Raiders, or are you going to remain a Raider fan even though they don't play in Cali anymore?

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Are you going to jump ship once they are officially the Vegas Raiders, or are you going to remain a Raider fan even though they don't play in Cali anymore?

Till the casket drops my friend. I would prefer Cali but Vegas is the next best thing.

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It'll be interesting to see how they cope seeing the Raiders truly elevate themselves in Vegas. The team is going to be so much better off out of Oakland. 

Certainly possible. I suppose it depends on how you define "elevating themselves" and "better off ." Elevating Mark Davis' bank account? No doubt. Not sure how the average fan is better off though.

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

In 5, 10, 15, whatever years, we'll look back at this move as a major turning point for our franchise imo. The Raider brand is going to be even stronger internationally, we'll have one of the premiere sporting facility in America, and the tax benefits of playing in LV is going to be massive.

I've heard of "we" after a win. But "we" regarding facilities and tax breaks? That's new. Keep drinking the corporate kool aid.

1 hour ago, StocktonSav said:

I've heard of "we" after a win. But "we" regarding facilities and tax breaks? That's new. Keep drinking the corporate kool aid.

What? Associating the Raiders stadium and benefits of signing FA's to the Raiders due to state tax aren't related to the Raiders? I don't get you.

4 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

Look, if you want to intertwine your personal identity with a billion dollar corporation under the guise of fandom, be my guest. But it's pathetic to insult the intelligence of other fans just because they don't share that point of view.

Haha, do you think that, if a stadium deal would have been done in Oakland, a huge company wouldn't have been needed to for support. The Norcal and Bay fans were all crying that Mark didn't reach out to the tech companies to help build in the bay. I had discussions with many on the topic. That is how these deals get done unless you are a billionaire and pay out of pocket.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What? Associating the Raiders stadium and benefits of signing FA's to the Raiders due to state tax aren't related to the Raiders? I don't get you.

So now it's about free agents? The "brand" as you stated is not the same thing as the on field product.

This idea that billion dollar stadiums are a necessity is owner propaganda pure and simple. Competent and effective ownership, management, and coaching are what winning organizations are founded on. Not shiny new stadiums. This is about Mark Davis' bank account not wins and losses.

3 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Haha, do you think that, if a stadium deal would have been done in Oakland, a huge company wouldn't have been needed to for support. The Norcal and Bay fans were all crying that Mark didn't reach out to the tech companies to help build in the bay. I had discussions with many on the topic. That is how these deals get done unless you are a billionaire and pay out of pocket.

So fans should be good with it just because Mark is a poor owner? Got it. Poor him. Makes sense.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think we'll look back and realize that Las Vegas had trouble attracting a loyal fan following. Fans will be more transient because people don't live in Vegas full time. The stadium will be relying on transient fans of other teams to sell tickets. Vegas will never have the loyal fan following that was unique in Oakland, and that's a problem. 

It's the "entertainment capital of the world" as you said. That applies to tourists, not the locals that the Raiders need to support the franchise. Stadium will be filled with opposing teams fans who went to Vegas for a weekend to catch their team. 

26 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

So fans should be good with it just because Mark is a poor owner? Got it. Poor him. Makes sense.

Not what I was saying at all and I think you know that.

What I was saying is that partnering with companies to build is a regular part of the business. Not saying you have to like it but don't make it out like it's some blip or infrequent thing that only Mark took advantage of is asinine. 

Mark is cash poor in relation to other owner. Just a fact. Now what do you do if you are in that situation and you want to have your franchise succeed. You make steps to secure the means to generate your own revenue to fix the problem. He did it. Your issue is that it wasn't in the place that you wanted so stop fronting that it has to do with anything else.

39 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Not what I was saying at all and I think you know that.

What I was saying is that partnering with companies to build is a regular part of the business. Not saying you have to like it but don't make it out like it's some blip or infrequent thing that only Mark took advantage of is asinine. 

Mark is cash poor in relation to other owner. Just a fact. Now what do you do if you are in that situation and you want to have your franchise succeed. You make steps to secure the means to generate your own revenue to fix the problem. He did it. Your issue is that it wasn't in the place that you wanted so stop fronting that it has to do with anything else.

What I was saying is that I am a fan of the Raiders. Any loyalty I have (although I hate that term in this context) is to the football team. Not the corporation and certainly not the owner.

What I take issue with is the narrative that the Vegas move is what's best for the Raider football team. The reality is that it's what's best for Davis and the owners. The football side of things is just along for the ride and will benefit tangentially and suffer mightily in others.

And you are right. This is not solely on Davis. The entire system of stadium building in professional sports is corrupted. Particularly in the NFL. But it leaves a special sting when it's your team. The relocation has little to do with it. Oakland is definitely my preference but I can live with other locations. Including Vegas for the right reasons. It's the ugliness of the whole situation that bothers me.

43 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

What I was saying is that I am a fan of the Raiders. Any loyalty I have (although I hate that term in this context) is to the football team. Not the corporation and certainly not the owner.

What I take issue with is the narrative that the Vegas move is what's best for the Raider football team. The reality is that it's what's best for Davis and the owners. The football side of things is just along for the ride and will benefit tangentially and suffer mightily in others.

And you are right. This is not solely on Davis. The entire system of stadium building in professional sports is corrupted. Particularly in the NFL. But it leaves a special sting when it's your team. The relocation has little to do with it. Oakland is definitely my preference but I can live with other locations. Including Vegas for the right reasons. It's the ugliness of the whole situation that bothers me.

Who is propagating that narrative?

We all wanted a stay in Oakland. When it didn't happen and this was the outcome many looked at the benefits and got on board.

Also, saying that you know what is or will be BEST for the football team is pure arrogance. 

Just because we have the tendency to say "we" when referring to things raiders related doesn't actually mean you are part of the football team. You are part of the fan base.

There are plenty of raider fans in Vegas, I know because I lived there for 7 years, next biggest fan base imo is Denver, so cal residents just went from an 8/10 drive to a 3/5 drive (LA/SD area overall, does everyone actually believe quallcom was invaded every year by northern Cali raider fans? I hope not. Lol btw you can include a portion of Phoenix and prolly Albuquerque (and I’m not saying it’ll be a ton but prolly between 5 to 10k possibly) I live in Colorado now not New Orleans so I’ll be in at least once a season , so will others in the western 11 and more. Because of the stadium and yes the city is a blast duh! The new stadium does affect the team as well, playing surface is #1 to me (let’s face it alameda is a banana peel or the splits waiting to happen, always has been,it’s below sea level) no hot tub outboards (major league reference but y’all get it. Hell, even our new facilities are only 4 years old)

Archived