Apex Legends (F2P BR)

Knowledge

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Loving Apex right now. I'm one of many who departed from COD/Warzone recently(New map blows/Rebirth is tired/Guns suck...just isn't fun tbh), and I've been at Apex for about two weeks. It really is a blast to play. Maybe the most amazing quality is that for whatever reason I don't get mad at the game like I do other shooters. 

So far my favorite characters to play with are Lifeline(Drone healing is an amazing passive and it's rewarding to pull it off imo), Revenant(Ult is awesome, he's kind of built for flank style players, and his speed crouch walk is cool too), Rampart(Just starting to nail down her potential and really having fun with it), and I'll take Gibaltr out for a spin now and then. Just unlocked Horizon, but I'm meh on her so far. Think I'll go for Mirage, Caustic, or Ash next time. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Loving Apex right now. I'm one of many who departed from COD/Warzone recently(New map blows/Rebirth is tired/Guns suck...just isn't fun tbh), and I've been at Apex for about two weeks. It really is a blast to play. Maybe the most amazing quality is that for whatever reason I don't get mad at the game like I do other shooters. 

So far my favorite characters to play with are Lifeline(Drone healing is an amazing passive and it's rewarding to pull it off imo), Revenant(Ult is awesome, he's kind of built for flank style players, and his speed crouch walk is cool too), Rampart(Just starting to nail down her potential and really having fun with it), and I'll take Gibaltr out for a spin now and then. Just unlocked Horizon, but I'm meh on her so far. Think I'll go for Mirage, Caustic, or Ash next time. 

I keep trying to pull my buddies who play WZ over to Apex but haven't had any luck yet. Good to see the game is still attracting new players. 

Not sure which characters you have unlocked yet but Ash and Mirage are both a blast to play - I've never really been a huge fan of the Caustic playstyle but he has his place. I've found myself playing Valk (love the versatility and the ability to stop a push with the tactical) and Seer (he gives you a lot of information throughout fights). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Not sure which characters you have unlocked yet but Ash and Mirage are both a blast to play - I've never really been a huge fan of the Caustic playstyle but he has his place. I've found myself playing Valk (love the versatility and the ability to stop a push with the tactical) and Seer (he gives you a lot of information throughout fights). 

One of the aspects I really like about Apex thus far is the chance to drastically switch up playstyle by going from one character to another. So characters that can offer that extreme change in experience, like a Caustic, kind of appeal to me I guess. 

Valk is interesting. Her passive seems to attract a lot of players, which is understandable as it offers the most extreme ability to traverse the map. This is my first true ability/power shooter game and I find myself forgetting that I have a tactical to fire off a lot of the time, Valk's is one of the ones I forget to use the most. Her Ult isn't as fun as say Revenent's- but it is incredible useful. 

I think I'm starting to develop an irrational dislike of Octane and have delayed unlocking him because of how annoying most of the people who play him are lol. Like, we all get it.. he's fast. Why though do you need to run 400 yards ahead before the rest of the team is even finished looting? 

Just now, DreamKid said:

One of the aspects I really like about Apex thus far is the chance to drastically switch up playstyle by going from one character to another. So characters that can offer that extreme change in experience, like a Caustic, kind of appeal to me I guess. 

Valk is interesting. Her passive seems to attract a lot of players, which is understandable as it offers the most extreme ability to traverse the map. This is my first true ability/power shooter game and I find myself forgetting that I have a tactical to fire off a lot of the time, Valk's is one of the ones I forget to use the most. Her Ult isn't as fun as say Revenent's- but it is incredible useful. 

I think I'm starting to develop an irrational dislike of Octane and have delayed unlocking him because of how annoying most of the people who play him are lol. Like, we all get it.. he's fast. Why though do you need to run 400 yards ahead before the rest of the team is even finished looting? 

I only play this game with randoms because I don't have any friends that play and I can tell you that Octane is my least favorite teammate - every Octane I've played with stims, loots, stims, runs in a gun fight, stims, dies and then leaves. 

I'm not a big fan of Rev and don't find his ultimate to be super useful, typically it helps point the enemy team to the totem - or at least that's been my experience. 

Everyone likes different legends for different reasons and that's the reason, like you said, this game is so much fun. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I only play this game with randoms because I don't have any friends that play and I can tell you that Octane is my least favorite teammate - every Octane I've played with stims, loots, stims, runs in a gun fight, stims, dies and then leaves. 

I'm not a big fan of Rev and don't find his ultimate to be super useful, typically it helps point the enemy team to the totem - or at least that's been my experience. 

Yea, I'm in the same boat. Nothing but randoms, and a random Octane is like being cursed from the start of the game. By default I think Loba, Lifeline, and Bloodhound make the best teammates because their abilities kind of force them to be useful to the rest of the unit. 

I think Rev lends himself to flank style players. His quiet speed while crouching can be invaluable, and being able to climb so quick and high creates unique ambush opportunities as well. I didn't have his Ult stolen too much honestly, would just place it in random spots or push late after activating it. It comes in handy for not only a 'free' spurt of damage to the enemy team, but you can also use it to recover their banners and not fear death if you were the lone member to escape. He was my first main and I got over 130 Kills with him my first week playing. Burned out a little quick on him though. It felt more rewarding to play as Lifeline, and I'm having more fun now testing out a bunch of different Legends. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, Scalamania said:

Not sure which characters you have unlocked yet but Ash and Mirage are both a blast to play

Update: Unlocked both and can confirm they are indeed a ton of fun to run. 

Got my first double win(two in a row) with Mirage, who I'm especially enjoying. Clutched a 1 vs 3 Gold Rank dub with him. Love his ability to covertly revive and respawn. The distraction and chaos element his clones bring is awesome, and helps me dip into Naruto nostalgia. Feels like his mobility is pretty strong as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 11:55 PM, Supersuavesky said:

Ranked is just brutal right now. I always solo que and don't take it seriously. So of course the one year I'm determined to get at least Diamond alone they change how it works. 

Only thing I like about the new season is the World's Edge map. 

I main Loba cause I love her Ult, but her tactical ability is glitched this season. Which means she has absolutely 0 combat value in either special now. Plus it seems like the randoms I get stuck with are even worse. If I even get a teammate that is. 

I'll never understand why jumpmasters will ping and land at hot drops all the time... only to quit the second they get dropped. Which they always do, because they Fn suck. 

Agree about ranked too. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

If you and/or your friends ever wanted to hit Masters but haven't been able to, now would be the time to finally do it. New ranked system is a breeze and hard stuck Gold/Plats are now easily climbing to Masters. A flat LP(Ladder Point) cost of -35 across all ranks and a guaranteed +20 if you last till just the Top 10/+100 if you last till Top 5 has engineered an ultra forgiving express ride to Masters.

Obviously, because of this, Pred is now near impossible to hit if you haven't been grinding since Day 1 of the new season ranked split.

To demonstrate the absurdity of the system NRG Sweet(Apex Pro) hit Pred with 0 damage across all of his games-

There's been a mixed reaction to the changes. Clearly the Pros and other top tier players hate how little weight Kills carry now, the new system encouraging ratting, and the 'pollution' of their competitive landscape with low skill players. While other casual and mid tier players feel they finally get to experience Apex in a more pure BR form that resembles the tourney & ALGS play they've traditionally never had access to within a ranked system that heavily rewarded hyper aggression.

I fall somewhere in the middle on the issue. The previous system was an ape fest for 3 Stack sweats and smurfs, but the new system has encouraged ratting in ways I've never seen before in Apex and for solo queue players like myself the inclusion of typically lower rank(Rookie, Bronze, Silver, Gold) players into higher rank lobbies has been a disaster in terms of teammate quality.

It's at least nice to see the Apex Devs trying to switch it up and try new things in search of player satisfaction. Something that isn't a given for other games. They ditched Arenas mode which everyone hated and replaced it with a Mixtape of various TDMs and Control mode + they cycle in new LTMs, added in weapon mastery- complete with trials and badges, and finally completely overhauled the firing range with all kinds of new features. I'll take the bumps and bruises that come with a game trying to deliver new and evolving experiences over the stale stagnation that is Warzone any day. 

• 5 months later...