Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, Pederson has a SB victory and coached his arse off in the biggest game of his life.  What else is there to discuss?

"Joe Flacco has a SB victory and played his arse off in the biggest game of his life. Sorry, Dan Marino, what else is there to discuss?" LOL. At least you're shooting straight, though.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Personally, I would take Pederson.

I think he does a really good job managing a game and making adjustments to personnel and situation. I have not seen many situations where he has not had an answer or made an adjustment to help his team win.

I like McVay, but there have been a couple of game where he has stuck with what he does and it has not worked and there did not seem to be an adjustment. The Bears game and the Super Bowl game for me are examples of times where he did not have an answer to what was going on.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201811180nor.htm

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

"Joe Flacco has a SB victory and played his arse off in the biggest game of his life. Sorry, Dan Marino, what else is there to discuss?" LOL. At least you're shooting straight, though.

That's such a weak argument.  Flacco and Marino aren't in the same class as players.  That's like when people say, "Robert Horry has more rings than Michael Jordan".... Okay, but Horry was a role player who got his rings on mulitple teams while Jordan was an iconic player who was the best player on every championship team he was on.

McVay isn't that.  You're acting like dude is Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick or some other legendary coach.  The guy has been coaching for two seasons, just like Pederson.  I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:
1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

And Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. You're going to need a better argument.

P.S. The 2017 Patriots and 2018 Patriots are not the same team. And let's not forget that the Eagles shouldn't have even played in the SB. The Falcons got robbed!

What?? Lol i'm comparing Head Coaches not QBs. LMAO The falcons?? bro just stop, Matt Ryan choked and had a chance to win the game but my boy Jalen Mills came up big. Oh and there was no nationwide protest to any missed call(s). The Rams simply dont win that game if the PI was called and it wasn't even up for interpretation like most PI's are, the dude smoked the receiver before the ball even came. Oh yeah.. The 2017 team had a QB fresh off his MVP award the 2018 team did not. Makes your case worse. 

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Why can't Belichick beat Matt Patricia? Does anybody care?

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

I do. Especially when Rams fans claim they have the better coach when head to head their poster boy can't beat Philly's poster boy. 

Just now, showtime said:

That's such a weak argument.  Flacco and Marino aren't in the same class as players.  That's like when people say, "Robert Horry has more rings than Michael Jordan".... Okay, but Horry was a role player who got his rings on mulitple teams while Jordan was an iconic player who was the best player on every championship team he was on.

McVay isn't that.  You're acting like dude is Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick or some other legendary coach.  The guy has been coaching for two seasons, just like Pederson.  I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

1. Pederson has been a head coach for three seasons.

2. McVay has a winning percentage of 75% vs. Pederson's 60% winning percentage.

3. McVay has already led his team to the Super Bowl in his second season, so you can't even argue he's a playoff failure. The difference between them is that the Eagles won and the Rams lost. I'll tip my hat to Pederson. He had a much smarter approach to the Super Bowl. However, arguing a guy is a better coach based on one game is silly.

4. What point am I making? Everything points to McVay being the better coach. But people are choosing Pederson because he's "clutch."

5. McVay is well on his way to becoming a legendary coach. It's like watching Aaron Donald or J.J. Watt early in their careers and knowing that they'll be something special. Could he fall flat on his face? Sure. But I feel quite confident that he won't.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

He undoubtedly played very well, but I don't agree that Foles is better than Wentz.

Well we’re all crowning Pederson the better HC cause he has a Super Bowl victory.

So why can’t we crown the QB that has a super bowl MVP the better QB?

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

What?? Lol i'm comparing Head Coaches not QBs. LMAO The falcons?? bro just stop, Matt Ryan choked and had a chance to win the game but my boy Jalen Mills came up big. Oh and there was no nationwide protest to any missed call(s). The Rams simply dont win that game if the PI was called and it wasn't even up for interpretation like most PI's are, the dude smoked the receiver before the ball even came. Oh yeah.. The 2017 team had a QB fresh off his MVP award the 2018 team did not. Makes your case worse. 

Bro, just stop. Drew Brees choked and had a chance to win the game, but my man John Johnson came up big.

I am sure I could find missed calls in that game that benefited Philly. Missed calls happen. You overcome them, or you lose. But they're going to happen. You don't see me crying about the holding call in the Patriots game. We had our chance to win it, and we failed.

I do. Especially when Rams fans claim they have the better coach when head to head their poster boy can't beat Philly's poster boy. 

It's a dumb argument.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Except he's not. That's like saying Lamar Jackson had a better Rookie season than Baker Mayfield.

You can easily make a case why Foles is better, you can’t make a case that Jackson is better than Mayfield

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Well we’re all crowning Pederson the better HC cause he has a Super Bowl victory.

So why can’t we crown the QB that has a super bowl MVP the better QB?

And boom, Buno sweeps the leg. *high five* B|

Just now, jrry32 said:

Bro, just stop. Drew Brees choked and had a chance to win the game, but my man John Johnson came up big.

I am sure I could find missed calls in that game that benefited Philly. Missed calls happen. You overcome them, or you lose. But they're going to happen. You don't see me crying about the holding call in the Patriots game. We had our chance to win it, and we failed.

It's a dumb argument.

yes missed calls happen in every game... but nationwide protests to missed calls happen very rarely... rams saints game.. cowboys packers game... packers seattle game... the Calvin Johnson td catch come to mind. 

Just now, eagles18 said:

Would i be shocked if Jared Goff is traded in 3 years. Nope

Interesting. What you're saying is that Sean McVay has a significantly better winning percentage despite having a worse QB? You're also saying that despite his worse QB, McVay's teams have put up more points? Well, I think you just made the best case for why McVay is the better coach.

Just now, eagles18 said:

yes missed calls happen in every game... but nationwide protests to missed calls happen very rarely... rams saints game.. cowboys packers game... packers seattle game... the Calvin Johnson td catch come to mind. 

Basically, you have no argument. If missed calls happen in every game, nationwide protests are irrelevant. It just shows that fanbase can't accept the L.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Interesting. What you're saying is that Sean McVay has a significantly better winning percentage despite having a worse QB? You're also saying that despite his worse QB, McVay's teams have put up more points? Well, I think you just made the best case for why McVay is the better coach.

Its also interesting that you  wont give doug pederson credit when he won the super bowl with his back up qb and made the divisional playoffs with his back up qb and fought to the playoffs with a injury riddled team. 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

1. Pederson has been a head coach for three seasons.

2. McVay has a winning percentage of 75% vs. Pederson's 60% winning percentage.

3. McVay has already led his team to the Super Bowl in his second season, so you can't even argue he's a playoff failure. The difference between them is that the Eagles won and the Rams lost. I'll tip my hat to Pederson. He had a much smarter approach to the Super Bowl. However, arguing a guy is a better coach based on one game is silly.

4. What point am I making? Everything points to McVay being the better coach. But people are choosing Pederson because he's "clutch."

5. McVay is well on his way to becoming a legendary coach. It's like watching Aaron Donald or J.J. Watt early in their careers and knowing that they'll be something special. Could he fall flat on his face? Sure. But I feel quite confident that he won't.

Both win percentages are amazing. 

What about you leaving out the fact that Pederson did that with TWO different starting QB's for a significant portion of time?  If Goff goes down and misses as many games as Wentz has the past two years, how does that impact McVay's winning percentage?  Probably by a large amount.

Archived