Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Yet, y'all were better at keeping people off the scoreboard than putting points on the scoreboard.

I mean if you want to go technically. Sure. Why not.

Offensive DVOA 16th - Defensive DVOA 15th. 

Problem is that our offense performed more often when it mattered whereas the defense managed to choke. Contextual.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Problem is that our offense performed more often when it mattered whereas the defense managed to choke. Contextual.

I won't disagree with that. I'm just saying that Schwartz is closer to great than he is bad. You can do a lot worse if you push him out.

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

"Pederson is the better and more aggressive play caller and is better at adapting to the situation." That's an interesting take. Let's compare the Rams and Eagles' offensive output this year:

PPG

Rams - 32.9

Eagles - 22.9

YPG

Rams - 421.1

Eagles - 365.3

YPP

Rams - 6.4

Eagles - 5.7

Next, you'll tell me that Eli Manning is a better passer than Drew Brees.

Doug Pederson- Super Bowl Winning Head Coach

Sean McVay- Scored 3 points in the SB against the same team Doug Pederson put 41 on.

Oh and lets not forget The rams shouldn't have even played in the SB.. New Orleans got robbed!

40 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Chip sucked, but Pederson still inherited Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor, Darren Sproles, Fletcher Cox, Malcolm Jenkins, Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, and Jordan Hicks. He also inherited enough draft compensation to land Carson Wentz. It's not like he walked into a barren landscape. You can say that the stats make the gap between McVay and Pederson seem larger than it is, and that's a fair point, but there clearly is a gap.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He didnt inherit Jay Ajayi, Alshon Jeffrey, Legarrette Blount, Corey Clement, Torey Smith, Ronald Darby, Derek Barnett, or Brandon Brooks. All key players to the Philadelphia's Super Bowl Run. 

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Well, let's put it this way:

Eagles three years prior to Doug Pederson: 27-21 (56.3%) +81 Point Differential

Eagles three years with Doug Pederson: 29-19 (60.4%) +217 Point Differential

Rams two years prior to Sean McVay: 11-21 (34.4%) -220 Point Differential

Rams two years with Sean McVay: 24-8 (75.0%) +292 Point Differential

The only reason people think this is even close is because Pederson and the Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017 while McVay and the Rams lost in the Super Bowl this year. Then again, I guess there are people who would take Tom Coughlin or John Harbaugh over Andy Reid or Marty Schottenheimer. Of course, McVay made the Super Bowl in only his second season as a HC, so there's a good chance that he doesn't spend two decades as a HC with no rings.

How come Sean McVay can't figure out how to beat Doug Pederson despite have the more talented roster? 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

So we're going to ignore that Philly also has a QB on a rookie deal and has Jim Schwartz? I think this whole thread would go a bit better if people were just honest about why they're picking Pederson. They see him as "clutch" in the playoffs. Then, we can start to have a real conversation.

Oh thats part of it plus his qb onn the rookie deal has been injured their corners have been injured. Eagles medical staff is brutal.

Mcvay has more questions to me.

56 minutes ago, Danger said:

Be honest here. Would you be shocked if Pederson is fired in 3 years from now? Because i wouldn't.. Be dead honest my guy.

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Be honest here. Would you be shocked if Pederson is fired in 3 years from now? Because i wouldn't.. Be dead honest my guy.

It would take a pretty big collapse. I don't see that happening. Could see Sean McVay going the route of Andy Reid, doing well but never winning the big game.

Just now, Danger said:

It would take a pretty big collapse. I don't see that happening. Could see Sean McVay going the route of Andy Reid, doing well but never winning the big game.

You didn't answer the question honestly. You're just trying to throw shade or be salty. No one would be shocked. And what i quoted randymoss is something shared in the eagles forum.

Just now, El ramster said:

You didn't answer the question honestly. You're just trying to throw shade or be salty. No one would be shocked. And what i quoted randymoss is something shared in the eagles forum.

Would I be shocked? No. But I very much doubt it. It's highly unlikely but certainly not impossible.

52 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh thats part of it plus his qb onn the rookie deal has been injured their corners have been injured. Eagles medical staff is brutal.

Mcvay has more questions to me.

When we're talking about head coaches, you can't use the injury excuse. Your questions of McVay equally apply to Pederson. You just choose not to ask them. So let's dispense with the pretending and get to the point.

53 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

How come Sean McVay can't figure out how to beat Doug Pederson despite have the more talented roster? 

Why can't Belichick beat Matt Patricia? Does anybody care?

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

Doug Pederson- Super Bowl Winning Head Coach

Sean McVay- Scored 3 points in the SB against the same team Doug Pederson put 41 on.

Oh and lets not forget The rams shouldn't have even played in the SB.. New Orleans got robbed!

And Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. You're going to need a better argument.

P.S. The 2017 Patriots and 2018 Patriots are not the same team. And let's not forget that the Eagles shouldn't have even played in the SB. The Falcons got robbed!

McVay

Do you all know how impressive it is for McVay to step onto a team that was demoralized because of Fisher, then being in one of the biggest markets in the U.S. in Los Angeles, CA to coach at the time the 2nd youngest starting QB in league that hardly anyone believed in? For McVay to literally go from 0 to 100 real quick, to quote Drake, thats impressive. Now I get that people in general didnt expect anything from Pederson. People thought he was the wrong guy for the job in Philly. So its impressive for him to prove people wrong and be successful. The Eagles had expectations though. People loved Wentz way more than Goff from the jump. The Eagles made some noise 2016 and some thought the Eagles could be the Superbowl surprise in 2017. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY thought the Rams would win 11 games in 2017. People on here actually thought the league figured out McVay and the Rams would take a step back in 2018. People said McVay was too young to handle a locker room as a first time head coach in 2017. People said no way McVay is going to handle Peters, Talib, and Suh in 2018. He did that and more.

So if we are going about the best coach or just in general who Id want leading the way its McVay. The only thing he hasnt done was win a Superbowl but the experience he had from this year in the Superbowl is valuable for a guy who just turned 33yrs old. Doug Pederson is 51yrs old. Do you think he couldve taken a team to the Superbowl at 33yrs old? We dont know but Im sure the majority would say no. Do you think he could turn around a demoralized franchise in his first year as a head coach at the age of 32yrs old? We dont know but Im sure the majority would say no. Again Im not saying Pederson isnt a great coach because what he is doing in Philly is great but this upcoming season is going to be challenging just due to Foles likely not being there so how does he help Wentz and the locker room especially if Wentz doesnt produce right away and the team doesnt yield the results that Foles did which was Superbowl then one drive away from going to the NFCCG the next season. Its going to be interesting to see. Again Im going with McVay because what he has done and is doing is remarkable and he will only get better with the experience he is getting so fast. Thats a scary thing for the NFL.  

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

He could also go the route of Don Shula. Shula was hired at 33 years old. And he lost the Super Bowl (well, NFL Championship back then) in his second year. Of course, I'd prefer McVay didn't lose his first three Super Bowls lol.

Personally, I would take Pederson.

I think he does a really good job managing a game and making adjustments to personnel and situation. I have not seen many situations where he has not had an answer or made an adjustment to help his team win.

I like McVay, but there have been a couple of game where he has stuck with what he does and it has not worked and there did not seem to be an adjustment. The Bears game and the Super Bowl game for me are examples of times where he did not have an answer to what was going on.

Archived