Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

One beat Tom Brady at his best, with his backup QB no less.

The other had more punts than points scored.

It was a bad game, sure, but are you really basing it around one game? plus Foles is arguably as good as Wentz, there is certainly nothing to disprove that. 

I think Pederson is a great coach, but to discount McVay on one game is pretty bad. He's put together the highest scoring team in the entire NFL over the past two years, a game with 3 points doesn't change that. 

44 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

It was a bad game, sure, but are you really basing it around one game? plus Foles is arguably as good as Wentz, there is certainly nothing to disprove that. 

I think Pederson is a great coach, but to discount McVay on one game is pretty bad. He's put together the highest scoring team in the entire NFL over the past two years, a game with 3 points doesn't change that. 

Right I forgot that regular season > than Super Bowl

It wasn’t ONE game. It was THE game. Your boy melted when your team needed him the most and ours stepped up to BB like a boss. 

Pederson is the better and more aggressive play caller and is better at adapting to the situation. There's a reason the Eagles have lost a grand total of 2 games in the past 2 years and 5 in the last 3 by more than one possession. He always puts his team in a position to have a chance to win.

57 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

you lost all credibility with this one line right here.

One bad game, just the biggest game of his entire life and he couldn't have flubbed it up worse. Meanwhile Pederson outdid Tom Brady at the peak of his game. 

If you don't watch the film or understand how the rest of the team actually just started giving a damn this season only once Carson went down. Or if you ignore the fact that Carson would have been the MVP last season if he didn't get injured in St Louis. But y'know.

1 hour ago, DerbyRam said:

I wouldn't hold it to one game.. defenses have started to figure him out.. Chicago, Philly, and now New England have shown the league the formula to beat Sean McVay. Now is it Sean McVay that is unable to make adjustments or is it Jared Goff not being able to execute in crunch time.. He had a bad December. 

You ask this question even 6 weeks ago and it would literally be 95% McVay, including Eagles fans lol. Not saying the SB isn't important and shouldn't change things, McVay's performance was atrocious whereas DP's was all time in the biggest game there is, but still a bit of a drastic swing... I think you need to let the dust settle from that showing before asking this question. I expect it's much closer. 

McVay is clearly an offensive genius and ahead of the curb, but when the rest of the NFL catches up will he be able to stay a step ahead? For Doug, he has shown the ability to rally the troops like no other over the past 2 years and at times has called masterful games, but I think we need to see another year from him to really figure him out. 2018 was hot and cold. The offense was brutal until Foles magic at the end of the year, I mean brutal, and the conclusion most drew was that DP was merely a piece of the brain trust, along with Reich and Flip, behind the awesome 2017 offense and alone could not craft ingenious gameplans or call great games. The offense was looking so porous at times this season that you had some of the more knee-jerk fans calling for his head. Then Foles enters the equation, and the gameplans start looking creative and marvelous again just like they had the year before, so then you go back to thinking maybe Reich and Flip weren't the reason for Doug's success? We'll see.

For a big game? No brainer, I am rolling with Doug. Going forward? Ehh, probably going with McVay, I really am enticed by the idea of a prodigal coach that could be the guy for 20+ years. My mind could easily be changed in 1 year though, we'll see.

24 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

You ask this question even 6 weeks ago and it would literally be 95% McVay, including Eagles fans lol. Not saying the SB isn't important and shouldn't change things, McVay's performance was atrocious whereas DP's was all time in the biggest game there is, but still a bit of a drastic swing... I think you need to let the dust settle from that showing before asking this question. I expect it's much closer. 

McVay is clearly an offensive genius and ahead of the curb, but when the rest of the NFL catches up will he be able to stay a step ahead? For Doug, he has shown the ability to rally the troops like no other over the past 2 years and at times has called masterful games, but I think we need to see another year from him to really figure him out. 2018 was hot and cold. The offense was brutal until Foles magic at the end of the year, I mean brutal, and the conclusion most drew was that DP was merely a piece of the brain trust, along with Reich and Flip, behind the awesome 2017 offense and alone could not craft ingenious gameplans or call great games. The offense was looking so porous at times this season that you had some of the more knee-jerk fans calling for his head. Then Foles enters the equation, and the gameplans start looking creative and marvelous again just like they had the year before, so then you go back to thinking maybe Reich and Flip weren't the reason for Doug's success? We'll see.

For a big game? No brainer, I am rolling with Doug. Going forward? Ehh, probably going with McVay, I really am enticed by the idea of a prodigal coach that could be the guy for 20+ years. My mind could easily be changed in 1 year though, we'll see.

I take issue with this because you're so damm bipolar.. you literally switch on Doug every 5 weeks.. Just months ago you said he's half the play caller Mcvay is.

Less creative.. Now did Doug luck into a Sb or is he a genius HC? because the way you speak of him at times, and express your frustrations.. Just seems like Foles played the game 

of his life. Many eagles fans said that Doug did Carson no favors with his horrific play calling. So which is it? Are you taking a Foles led Doug or a Carson led Doug? Because it sounds a lot like theres a lot of  jekyll and hyde.. 

Are we putting Doug in the same boat as Eli? Sure he's won a SB but god damm is he super trash. 

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

I take issue with this because you're so damm bipolar.. you literally switch on Doug every 5 weeks.. Just months ago you said he's half the play caller Mcvay is.

Less creative.. Now did Doug luck into a Sb or is he a genius HC? because the way you speak of him at times, and express your frustrations.. Just seems like Foles played the game 

of his life. Many eagles fans said that Doug did Carson no favors with his horrific play calling. So which is it? Are you taking a Foles led Doug or a Carson led Doug? Because it sounds a lot like theres a lot of  jekyll and hyde.. 

Are we putting Doug in the same boat as Eli? Sure he's won a SB but god damm is he super trash. 

You can't expect Eagles' fans to be rational while a season is going on. Come on now man. lol 

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:

I wouldn't hold it to one game.. defenses have started to figure him out.. Chicago, Philly, and now New England have shown the league the formula to beat Sean McVay. Now is it Sean McVay that is unable to make adjustments or is it Jared Goff not being able to execute in crunch time.. He had a bad December. 

Philly? We would have scored 30+ points in that game if stupid Natson didn't strip himself. You don't get to include Philly with NE and Chicago.

3 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Pederson is the better and more aggressive play caller and is better at adapting to the situation. There's a reason the Eagles have lost a grand total of 2 games in the past 2 years and 5 in the last 3 by more than one possession. He always puts his team in a position to have a chance to win.

"Pederson is the better and more aggressive play caller and is better at adapting to the situation." That's an interesting take. Let's compare the Rams and Eagles' offensive output this year:

PPG

Rams - 32.9

Eagles - 22.9

YPG

Rams - 421.1

Eagles - 365.3

YPP

Rams - 6.4

Eagles - 5.7

Next, you'll tell me that Eli Manning is a better passer than Drew Brees.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

tenor.gif

Well, let's put it this way:

Eagles three years prior to Doug Pederson: 27-21 (56.3%) +81 Point Differential

Eagles three years with Doug Pederson: 29-19 (60.4%) +217 Point Differential

Rams two years prior to Sean McVay: 11-21 (34.4%) -220 Point Differential

Rams two years with Sean McVay: 24-8 (75.0%) +292 Point Differential

The only reason people think this is even close is because Pederson and the Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017 while McVay and the Rams lost in the Super Bowl this year. Then again, I guess there are people who would take Tom Coughlin or John Harbaugh over Andy Reid or Marty Schottenheimer. Of course, McVay made the Super Bowl in only his second season as a HC, so there's a good chance that he doesn't spend two decades as a HC with no rings.

Archived