Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

On 2/5/2019 at 4:16 PM, tyler735 said:

It has to be the guy that has shown he can get it done in the big game, and has also shown he can do it facing a ton of adversity in losing his starting QB.

losing said starting QB doesnt matter when the back up is better

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Philly? We would have scored 30+ points in that game if stupid Natson didn't strip himself. You don't get to include Philly with NE and Chicago.

Oh but i do.. Philly dominated the rams offense for most of the game. Chicago created the blueprint, philly added to it and NE finalized. it

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Oh but i do.. Philly dominated the rams offense for most of the game. Chicago created the blueprint, philly added to it and NE finalized. it

LOL. Philly gave up 407 total yards, 23 first downs, and 23 points. Their only saving grace was Jojo Natson knocking the football out of his own hands. Don't try putting yourself in the same category as NE and Chicago. It just comes off as desperate.

I think  doug pederson is a heck of a coach. I mean Mcvay does hide a lot of Goffs weaknesses minus the Superbowl.  

But Doug Pederson just adapts. The eagles team this year was a sunk ship and made a miraculous push to the post season and made some noise. They won the superbowl last year after their franchise qb went down. 

Personally I'd rather have doug pederson. Sean Mcvay I wanna see how he adapts when the team loses Wade Phillips at some point, and the window of having a ton of good players bc of a qb on a rookie deal closes.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think  doug pederson is a heck of a coach. I mean Mcvay does hide a lot of Goffs weaknesses minus the Superbowl.  

But Doug Pederson just adapts. The eagles team this year was a sunk ship and made a miraculous push to the post season and made some noise. They won the superbowl last year after their franchise qb went down. 

Personally I'd rather have doug pederson. Sean Mcvay I wanna see how he adapts when the team loses Wade Phillips at some point, and the window of having a ton of good players bc of a qb on a rookie deal closes.

So we're going to ignore that Philly also has a QB on a rookie deal and has Jim Schwartz? I think this whole thread would go a bit better if people were just honest about why they're picking Pederson. They see him as "clutch" in the playoffs. Then, we can start to have a real conversation.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Well, let's put it this way:

Eagles three years prior to Doug Pederson: 27-21 (56.3%) +81 Point Differential

That's hardly a fair representation of the state Chip Kelly left the Eagles in. He managed to just over 1 season strip them a lot of the best players they had. Doug and Howie had to make something out of the mess Chip left behind.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

This guy gets it

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

So we're going to ignore that Philly also has a QB on a rookie deal and has Jim Schwartz?

You're right about the Rookie deal, but if Jim Schwartz was replaced, I don't think many Eagles fans would be upset.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's hardly a fair representation of the state Chip Kelly left the Eagles in. He managed to just over 1 season strip them a lot of the best players they had. Doug and Howie had to make something out of the mess Chip left behind.

Chip sucked, but Pederson still inherited Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor, Darren Sproles, Fletcher Cox, Malcolm Jenkins, Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, and Jordan Hicks. He also inherited enough draft compensation to land Carson Wentz. It's not like he walked into a barren landscape. You can say that the stats make the gap between McVay and Pederson seem larger than it is, and that's a fair point, but there clearly is a gap.

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You take your meaningless stats. I'll take my championship. 

Cool. That's like saying, "You take your meaningless stats with Aaron Rodgers. I'm keeping my Eli Manning and his 2 rings." Those "meaningless stats" help us predict who is more likely to be successful moving forward.

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're right about the Rookie deal, but if Jim Schwartz was replaced, I don't think many Eagles fans would be upset.

Y'all were also complaining about Pederson for a good chunk of the year. Say what you will about Schwartz, but y'all were top 5 in points allowed in 2017 and then finished #12 in points allowed in 2018 despite all the injuries (by comparison, you finished #18 in points scored). Us Rams fans were fed up with Wade for part of the year too, but he redeemed himself in the playoffs. IMO, you guys sell Schwartz short.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Chip sucked, but Pederson still inherited Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor, Darren Sproles, Fletcher Cox, Malcolm Jenkins, Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, and Jordan Hicks. He also inherited enough draft compensation to land Carson Wentz. It's not like he walked into a barren landscape. You can say that the stats make the gap between McVay and Pederson seem larger than it is, and that's a fair point, but there clearly is a gap.

Cool. That's like saying, "You take your meaningless stats with Aaron Rodgers. I'm keeping my Eli Manning and his 2 rings." Those "meaningless stats" help us predict who is more likely to be successful moving forward.

Y'all were also complaining about Pederson for a good chunk of the year. Say what you will about Schwartz, but y'all were top 5 in points allowed in 2017 and then finished #12 in points allowed in 2018 despite all the injuries (by comparison, you finished #18 in points scored). Us Rams fans were fed up with Wade for part of the year too, but he redeemed himself in the playoffs. IMO, you guys sell Schwartz short.

Jim Schwartz is the exact opposite of Pedersen in the sense that he quite literally doesn't alter his scheme or adapt at all. He stays in his lane whether it's for the best or not. We had 3 games won if Jim Schwartz would have altered his approach. The Panthers who scored 21 points in less than a quarter because Jim played prevent. The Titans who converted 4th and long twice in an overtime drive because we played prevent. The Cowboys game who literally just kept throwing it to Amari Cooper all game and Jim didn't bother to alter his approach to stop him. 

I understand having rough spots, but I don't think anything frustrates Philly fans more than trying the same thing over and over again when it's not working.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Jim Schwartz is the exact opposite of Pedersen in the sense that he quite literally doesn't alter his scheme or adapt at all. He stays in his lane whether it's for the best or not. We had 3 games won if Jim Schwartz would have altered his approach. The Panthers who scored 21 points in less than a quarter because Jim played prevent. The Titans who converted 4th and long twice in an overtime drive because we played prevent. The Cowboys game who literally just kept throwing it to Amari Cooper all game and Jim didn't bother to alter his approach to stop him. 

I understand having rough spots, but I don't think anything frustrates Philly fans more than trying the same thing over and over again when it's not working.

Yet, y'all were better at keeping people off the scoreboard than putting points on the scoreboard.

Archived