Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It isn't anything official, just your opinion of how much credit you think goes each way.

Nothing struck a cord with me it is just having two active threads with seemingly the majority of the credit given depending on the thread.

Lol, show me an example of me doing this? In order to have a great offense you usually need good QB play and a good scheme. The Rams have that. I said in this thread it is a toss-up and I'll choose my guy but see the argument for Pederson. Talk about a homer viewpoint.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

I'm not even in this thread. Not even sure why you are either. It's a scholar trying to teach a bunch of CHAMPS how to sell stock.

You just heard them say they could have BB and they would want him fired. Go to their forum and read their threads.

They speak of Doug as if he was a scrub. There are articles on Dougs crap play calling for Carson and much better play calling for Foles.

That's a bad coach. That should end the argument there. The only reason they defend him is because there eagle fans.. 

FIFY

29 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Lol, show me an example of me doing this? In order to have a great offense you usually need good QB play and a good scheme. The Rams have that. I said in this thread it is a toss-up and I'll choose my guy but see the argument for Pederson. Talk about a homer viewpoint.

A homer to who? I don't like the Rams or Eagles. Kitchens > both. Oh, there it is.

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Whatevs. You cannot show me an example of flipping my opinion in threads because it doesn't exist. 

Never said you did, certainly not putting in work to prove something I didn't accuse you of. I just said there is two active threads and in one McVay gets a lot of the credit and the other Goff does. Been happening forever, even in the beginning until now of the Patriots run.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Never said you did, certainly not putting in work to prove something I didn't accuse you of. I just said there is two active threads and in one McVay gets a lot of the credit and the other Goff does. Been happening forever, even in the beginning until now of the Patriots run.

Gotcha. Misinterpreted your post and thought you did. 

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They both get credit. McVay has designed an awesome scheme and put a roster together that maximizes Goff's strengths and minimizes his weaknesses, and Goff has executed the scheme at a high level over his two seasons.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They both get credit. McVay has designed an awesome scheme and put a roster together that maximizes Goff's strengths and minimizes his weaknesses, and Goff has executed the scheme at a high level over his two seasons.

Yeah my point was comments like saying McVay never ran an elite offense until Goff in the Goff thread. It seems to minimize the coaches credit in that thread to maximize the QB's credit. Again, it always happens, it was constant in the Colts/Patriot threads. Obviously it's a group effort but once you start minimizing a part of the group's effort to maximize another part it's hard to not laugh when there is another active thread talking about the greatness of the other by the same fan base.

I'm sure I'll even do it when my team has success. It seems like pretty much every fan base does.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah my point was comments like saying McVay never ran an elite offense until Goff in the Goff thread. It seems to minimize the coaches credit in that thread to maximize the QB's credit. Again, it always happens, it was constant in the Colts/Patriot threads. Obviously it's a group effort but once you start minimizing a part of the group's effort to maximize another part it's hard to not laugh when there is another active thread talking about the greatness of the other by the same fan base.

I'm sure I'll even do it when my team has success. It seems like pretty much every fan base does.

Well, you won't hear that from me. I think the world of both.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:39 AM, eagles18 said:

take away the regular season and lets just focus on the super bowl.. the game that matters

Doug Pederson vs Bill Belichick: 1-0 41-33

Sean McVay vs Bill Belichick: 0-1 3-13

This is all history will remember. 

With all due respect, this is incredibly shallow. The book isn't written here. We will revisit all of this in 5-10 years and see. 

For what it's worth, I'd rather have Roseman than maybe any GM in the league rn. That's for sure a factor.

So my choices are SB winning HC Doug Pederson, or the guy who is 0-2 against Doug Pederson head to head, and just put up the most pathetic offensive display in SB history, despite all the modern rules that are tailored towards offenses scoring points? Tough call...I'm going with Pederson.

Archived