Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Naaah. With Super Cooper and a healthy Gurley, our offense is a freight train. 

Idk man, maybe I'm really high on the Eagles receiver core this year. Ajayi also got hurt and I thought he'd be a factor. Plus that OL can get it done.

If Wentz is healthy, that group does serious damage.

You may be right. I'm pretty scarred from the 3 point performance tho.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Idk man, maybe I'm really high on the Eagles receiver core this year. Ajayi also got hurt and I thought he'd be a factor. Plus that OL can get it done.

If Wentz is healthy, that group does serious damage.

You may be right. I'm pretty scarred from the 3 point performance tho.

They didn't look very good with Wentz this year. The Eagles have a talented group of weapons. But Golden Tate is a FA. Without him, I think the needle moves to the Rams. With him, it's a toss up.

Coincidentally both guys have incredible OLs. Both groups are in the top 3 or 4 at a minimum. 

Of course both guys are going to look like amazing playcallers, you know how much easier it is to have plays go for positive yardage when your OL is dominating the other team? 

(Both guys are brilliant offensive minds, don't take that the wrong way) 

Both guys take a lot of risks, Doug goes for two and on fourth down more than anyone else (his analytics game is strong from hold over Chip Kelly guys) and mcvay runs more fake punts than anyone else in history. 

Give me Peterson because he has shown he can win with multiple QBs and tailor a scheme go a specific guy. That is the sign of a great coach. The fact the eagles got into the playoffs this year (albeit they needed help to do so) shows that the guys believe in Doug. 

Mcvay is facing the first real adversity since he became the youngest HC in recent history. I'm curious to see how he/the team responds

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

They didn't look very good with Wentz this year. The Eagles have a talented group of weapons. But Golden Tate is a FA. Without him, I think the needle moves to the Rams. With him, it's a toss up.

No matter what information is given to you, it goes in one ear and out the other... you are today's politics

Jay Ajayi - starting running back, Mike Wallace - deep threat to open the offense, Darren Sproles - swiss army knife, were all injured for most of the year.. 

Rodney McCleod - starting safety, Jalen Mills, Ronald Darby, Sidney Jones - starting corners all injured most of the year, Timmy Jernigan - starting DT injured for most of they year, Derek Barnett - starting DE injured for most of they year 

Despite all these injuries Doug Pederson still dragged the team to the final 8... Man he's a terrible coach. The same spot the rams would've been if the refs weren't paid off

Despite all the Injuries Carson Wentz still had a great stat line in 11 games 21 TD 3000 yards 7 INT 102.2 passer rating.. 

7 hours ago, eagles18 said:

take away the regular season and lets just focus on the super bowl.. the game that matters

Doug Pederson vs Bill Belichick: 1-0 41-33

Sean McVay vs Bill Belichick: 0-1 3-13

This is all history will remember. 

Right. Because history doesn't remember George Allen, Marty Schottenheimer, Don Coryell, Andy Reid, Bud Grant, Marv Levy, and Dan Reeves. Of course, McVay is 33 years old. His history is far from written. Don Shula and John Madden are the only modern coaches to accomplish what McVay has at a similar age (you could make an argument for Mike Tomlin too, but he was a few years older than McVay), and both of those guys lost their first championship game only to win the Super Bowl later in their careers. Of course, nobody remembers John Madden or Don Shula loooooooooool. The arguments just get weaker and weaker.

7 hours ago, eagles18 said:

No matter what information is given to you, it goes in one ear and out the other... you are today's politics

Jay Ajayi - starting running back, Mike Wallace - deep threat to open the offense, Darren Sproles - swiss army knife, were all injured for most of the year.. 

Rodney McCleod - starting safety, Jalen Mills, Ronald Darby, Sidney Jones - starting corners all injured most of the year, Timmy Jernigan - starting DT injured for most of they year, Derek Barnett - starting DE injured for most of they year 

Despite all these injuries Doug Pederson still dragged the team to the final 8... Man he's a terrible coach. The same spot the rams would've been if the refs weren't paid off

Despite all the Injuries Carson Wentz still had a great stat line in 11 games 21 TD 3000 yards 7 INT 102.2 passer rating.. 

1. Are you alleging that we paid off the refs in the Dallas game? Because the NO game was in the NFC Championship. You might want to get the facts straight before you continue with that desperate and sad argument.

2. I don't recognize the injury excuse because it's becoming a habit with Dougie's teams, and that's indicative of more than just random chance.

3. Nobody called Pederson a terrible coach. Spare me your whining and straw man arguments.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

1. Are you alleging that we paid off the refs in the Dallas game? Because the NO game was in the NFC Championship. You might want to get the facts straight before you continue with that desperate and sad argument.

2. I don't recognize the injury excuse because it's becoming a habit with Dougie's teams, and that's indicative of more than just random chance.

3. Nobody called Pederson a terrible coach. Spare me your whining and straw man arguments.

guys look.. Jrry is saying Doug created a conspiracy to injure his players lol. youre something else.. go polish your 90s trophy and let us be in peace. 

Politcs Jerry

42 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

guys look.. Jrry is saying Doug created a conspiracy to injure his players lol. youre something else.. go polish your 90s trophy and let us be in peace. 

Politcs Jerry

No, I'm saying that how the coaching staff, training staff, and strength and conditioning staff manage the players has a major effect on how healthy players stay. The head coach almost always has control over all three staffs. Thus, if the Eagles are consistently not staying healthy, it points to deficiencies within the people surrounding Pederson. Of course, you'd know this if you knew anything about football or had any experience with the game. Do you have any other laughable arguments to make?

15 hours ago, N4L said:

Mcvay is facing the first real adversity since he became the youngest HC in recent history. I'm curious to see how he/the team responds

We battled back down 13 in the Superdome. If there's one thing I'm not worried about with McVay it is responding to adversity. 

Ill say that anyone who automatically assumes just because Pederson one a Superbowl especially with a backup QB he is the better coach dont remember Brian Billick. Billick won a Superbowl with the 2000 Ravens and that team had Trent Dilfer at QB and the offense didnt score a td in an entire month. I dont think anyone is saying Billick is a better coach than Andy Reid who has only been to the Superbowl once and lost to the Patriots.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

We battled back down 13 in the Superdome. If there's one thing I'm not worried about with McVay it is responding to adversity. 

In game adversity is not what I'm talking about. Not really sure how to define it *shrugs* 

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill say that anyone who automatically assumes just because Pederson one a Superbowl especially with a backup QB he is the better coach dont remember Brian Billick. Billick won a Superbowl with the 2000 Ravens and that team had Trent Dilfer at QB and the offense didnt score a td in an entire month. I dont think anyone is saying Billick is a better coach than Andy Reid who has only been to the Superbowl once and lost to the Patriots.

The difference is, Doug is an offensive coach whose team put up 41 points in a Superbowl and literally scored on every possession until the end. The offense and their backup QB were the reason they won 

Billick won in spite of his subpar QB, not because of. Big difference

21 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Who won the season? The Pats, certainly.

But that's like 5 kinds of not the question at hand. The Pats have nothing to do with the thread. This thread isn't about who won 2018. It isn't about the Pats versus the Rams.

Thank you

It relates to the question at hand, when you are discussing successful seasons the SB means a crap ton and you guys are treating it like it's nothing special when it is. Just because the Rams had a more successful regular season it does not mean their season was more successful then the Pats. It's asinine to place more value on regular season wins then you do on playoff success.

21 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The question is not who had the most successful single season, McVay or Pederson. The question is, who is the best coach. Just like the best WR isn't always the one with the most yards, or the best QB isn't always the one with the most wins, a little more nuance can go into the discussion of who is the best coach than, have they won a superbowl or not. It's such a narrow minded argument to act like only one thing matters.

It's not the only one that matters but you guys are pretending like it doesn't matter at all when in fact when you are comparing two similar coaches then it should be the deciding factor. For you guys it isn't which doesn't make any sense.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:49 PM, jrry32 said:

Let's take your example of the Giants. They did enough to make the playoffs and made a great run to the Super Bowl. They did it again a few years later. Tom Coughlin was a tremendous playoff coach. I can't tell you why, but he was. That all said, he was only an average coach in the regular season. His teams only made the playoffs 9 times in 20 years. How many more rings might Coughlin have won if his team had made the playoffs 18 times in 20 years? That's why you need both. You need to be able to consistently win in the regular season and the playoffs.

That is why Pederson's elite 2017 isn't enough for me to accept him as the better coach. Coaching is all about consistency.

Consistency is not everything either. It holds weight, sure but keep in mind Reid has made the playoffs 14 times and has won no SB's. There is a catch to that logic, you can make the playoff's through 2 different decades and never win or even reach the SB. So making the playoff's more times is no sure either to win the SB.

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

In game adversity is not what I'm talking about. Not really sure how to define it *shrugs* 

I guess I don't see it then. Mcvay has some flaws with failing to adjust out of his gameplan but I've never seen the Rams team quit despite how bad we've started games. Don't know what else he could do adversity wise other than a Goff injury which would probably submarine our team. 

Archived