Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Cooks' Cap Number in

2019 is $15.3 M
2020 is $16.8 M (17.8 M Dead || -1 M if cut) 
2021 is $16.8 M (13 M Dead || +3.8 M if cut)
2022 is $17.8 M (8.2 M Dead || +9.6 M if cut)
2023 is $17.4 M (3.4 M Dead || + 14 M if cut)

https://overthecap.com/calculator/los-angeles-rams/

What you're thinking of is his yearly cash: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/brandin-cooks-14429/

The cap number works differently. Dead money is to ensure that if a player is cut before their contract is up that all the actual money they've earned to the point in which a team decides to cut them is still counted against the cap in some form. Otherwise, what stops teams from just giving a massive signing bonus to abuse the cap. 

Nah cuz look..

U see bby.. He's going to make over 27 mil. Straight from the Horses mouth.

Just now, El ramster said:

I get that.. But he's making 27 mil and you're saying no lol.

This isn't suppose to be confusing lol.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Cooks is getting paid 29 mil this year... Les front loads the crap out of contracts so they're team friendly after year 1.. 

I guess we aren't really arguing different points. But Cooks' contract structure, for large deals, is pretty standard. 

That said, with players like Julio Jones it leads to them being "underpaid" in the latter half of their deal, and they whine. But that's something else entirely. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Sure you can. Lamar Jackson's team had more success than Baker Mayfield's team. Individually it's clearly obvious that Mayfield is better, but Lamar Jackson has more "success".

Did they really?

think baker winning 7 games for the Browns in 14 games and is huge success for the Browns. Won 7 games for an 0-16 is more success than leading the ravens to the playsoffs with a gimmicky offense and the top defenses when ppl predicted them to be that kind of teammates 

Just now, jrry32 said:

That's news to me.

Seems to be news to the Rams too considering I don't think they showed up to the SB. They seemed pretty satisified with avenging that Saints victory from earlier in the season and I guess said eff it before going to Atlanta.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Seems to be news to the Rams too considering I don't think they showed up to the SB. They seemed pretty satisified with avenging that Saints victory from earlier in the season and I guess said eff it before going to Atlanta.

Guess the Cowboys haven't played a game that mattered since the mid-90s. Why even tune in?

Just now, jrry32 said:

Guess the Cowboys haven't played a game that mattered since the mid-90s. Why even tune in?

My point exactly.

Which is why I vent on here after those disappointing losses like the one to the Rams considering it's been 25 years since even a Conference Championship appearance. There are casual fans who are perfectly happy with some winning seasons and seeing some players from their team make the pro bowl when every year for a play off caliber team the expectations should be the SB. It's the only game that really matters. So when you lose, regardless of what obstacles were overcome it still seems to be a disappointing season.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

My point exactly.

Which is why I vent on here after those disappointing losses like the one to the Rams considering it's been 25 years since even a Conference Championship appearance. There are casual fans who are perfectly happy with some winning seasons and seeing some players from their team make the pro bowl when every year for a play off caliber team the expectations should be the SB. It's the only game that really matters. So when you lose, regardless of what obstacles were overcome it still seems to be a disappointing season.

Your point is that you tune in every year to watch the Cowboys only play games you consider meaningless? Okay. Well, you do you.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Your point is that you tune in every year to watch the Cowboys only play games you consider meaningless? Okay. Well, you do you.

WTF did you even read the post? No you tune in expecting the improvement necessary to take that next major step. You sure as hell wouldn't be satisfied if you lost to the Cowboys or the Saints, and you guys are still fuming over that loss to the Patriots. I'm guessing here, but I am willing to bet anything that if the Rams won the Super Bowl in 2017 and 2018, yall would consider this a ridiculous argument cause Pederson would have none at that point. Yall would stress it heavily if that were the case.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

WTF did you even read the post? No you tune in expecting the improvement necessary to take that next major step. You sure as hell wouldn't be satisfied if you lost to the Cowboys or the Saints, and you guys are still fuming over that loss to the Patriots. I'm guessing here, but I am willing to bet anything that if the Rams won the Super Bowl in 2017 and 2018, yall would consider this a ridiculous argument cause Pederson would have none at that point. Yall would stress it heavily if that were the case.

If McVay won it in 2017 and 2018, there would be no case. This question wouldn't even be asked. The Rams making the Super Bowl was the improvement. It was the next major step. I'm not fuming. I wanted us to win, but I am also happy we made it. Getting to watch my team in the Super Bowl was great. I'm not taking that for granted. I'm not one of those spoiled fans. I know what a decade plus of bad football looks and feels like.

Just now, jrry32 said:

If McVay won it in 2017 and 2018, there would be no case. This question wouldn't even be asked.

There you go. The SB is the say all, end all. Compared to all other games, it is the only one that really matters. Especially when discussing coaching and dynasty success. Had McVay won, the discussion could certainly be put in his favor. But a Super Bowl win is the starting marker and the coach that has one over the coach that doesn't should always be given the nod in terms of success given the similarities in their respective paths.

Now if this poll was using a different person lets say Barry Switzer, then you would have a more even debate vs McVay IMO. But both McVay and Pederson rebuilt and revamped these teams and Pederson took his team all the way. Something McVay has yet to do.

50 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

There you go. The SB is the say all, end all. Compared to all other games, it is the only one that really matters. Especially when discussing coaching and dynasty success. Had McVay won, the discussion could certainly be put in his favor. But a Super Bowl win is the starting marker and the coach that has one over the coach that doesn't should always be given the nod in terms of success given the similarities in their respective paths.

Now if this poll was using a different person lets say Barry Switzer, then you would have a more even debate vs McVay IMO. But both McVay and Pederson rebuilt and revamped these teams and Pederson took his team all the way. Something McVay has yet to do.

No, that's not the point at all. You clearly misunderstood it. McVay's results are better across the board. The only reason this is a debate is because some people value a Super Bowl win above all else. Take away Pederson's Super Bowl win, and there's no debate. The results people pick McVay, and the Super Bowl people pick McVay. So no, there I don't go. I'm not agreeing with you at all. I'm still telling you that your logic is fatally flawed. It's a bad argument. It's as dumb as arguing that Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers or Joe Flacco is better than Dan Marino was because RINGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

And lol at anybody being stupid enough to think Barry Switzer is even debatable with McVay. 

Archived