Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, that's not the point at all. You clearly misunderstood it. McVay's results are better across the board. The only reason this is a debate is because some people value a Super Bowl win above all else. Take away Pederson's Super Bowl win, and there's no debate. The results people pick McVay, and the Super Bowl people pick McVay. So no, there I don't go. I'm not agreeing with you at all. I'm still telling you that your logic is fatally flawed. It's a bad argument. It's as dumb as arguing that Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers or Joe Flacco is better than Dan Marino was because RINGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

And lol at anybody being stupid enough to think Barry Switzer is even debatable with McVay. 

Except for winning when it mattered most. As for the part in bold.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

If McVay won it in 2017 and 2018, there would be no case. This question wouldn't even be asked.

You clearly value the a Super Bowl victory. Yet turn right around when it's not your guy winning it. You say the results people pick McVay. Lmao, winning is the expected result of sports and a Super Bowl is the highest level of results in football and McVay does not have one.

With players the Super Bowl win should not matter nearly as much in the debate, but with coaches it's an entirely different argument because they are the managers who are responsible for guiding their team. They are responsible for the overall success and failure of the team, that is a fact.

Like I said, if you guys had won in 2017 and 2018 the SB argument would be the only thing brought up by Rams fans with any other argument being laughed out of the topic and rightfully so. But because that didn't happen and there has been no win, obviously the Super Bowl does not mean as much now. Yet the only people I see making this argument about winning pct being the determining factor are the one's who just lost the biggest game in American Sports.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Except for winning when it mattered most. As for the part in bold.

You clearly value the a Super Bowl victory. Yet turn right around when it's not your guy winning it. You say the results people pick McVay. Lmao, winning is the expected result of sports and a Super Bowl is the highest level of results in football and McVay does not have one.

With players the Super Bowl win should not matter nearly as much in the debate, but with coaches it's an entirely different argument because they are the managers who are responsible for guiding their team. They are responsible for the overall success and failure of the team, that is a fact.

Like I said, if you guys had won in 2017 and 2018 the SB argument would be the only thing brought up by Rams fans with any other argument being laughed out of the topic and rightfully so. But because that didn't happen and there has been no win, obviously the Super Bowl does not mean as much now. Yet the only people I see making this argument about winning pct being the determining factor are the one's who just lost the biggest game in American Sports.

I value a Super Bowl victory for a coach like I value a QB posting the best individual statistical season. It's great, but it's only one year. You have to measure up in other years. As I said before, the results people pick McVay. He has a significantly better winning percentage and point differential. His offense has been better than Pederson's. And he conducted a larger turnaround. The Super Bowl/clutch people choose Pederson because of what he has done in the playoffs. That's why there's a debate. If Pederson has neither, there's no debate. You are desperately trying to argue that I'm applying a double standard. You are failing miserably. 

For example, I think Marty Schottenheimer was a better coach than Mike Tomlin is. I think Andy Reid is a better coach than Mike Shanahan. There is no double standard here. All you care about is Super Bowls. I care about results. I want the better coach, not a guy who has a great run.

You're going to need to find a new angle here. This one isn't working.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Compared to all other games its the only one that really matters to owners, coaches, players and fans.

It's the end goal. It is not, however, the only one that matters. You have to do well in all the preceding games to even get to that one. They all matter. Except preseason, of course.

jrry, there are two roles in which a SB absolutely should be used to measure success. Head Coach and Quarterback. it's their job to lead the team to that goal, it's a big part of their resume. 

I guarantee if the Rams won the Super Bowl and the Eagles didn't but they wen 16-0 this season, you'd still be saying McVay is a better coach. Stop looking at this with shades. Their both good coaches, but right now Pederson has the most important edge on McVay.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

jrry, there are two roles in which a SB absolutely should be used to measure success. Head Coach and Quarterback. it's their job to lead the team to that goal, it's a big part of their resume. 

I guarantee if the Rams won the Super Bowl and the Eagles didn't but they wen 16-0 this season, you'd still be saying McVay is a better coach. Stop looking at this with shades. Their both good coaches, but right now Pederson has the most important edge on McVay.

Being used as PART of the measuring of success is different than being used as the SOLE indicator of success. If the Eagles went 16-0 this year after winning the Super Bowl last year, Pederson would have a strong case for being the better coach, even if McVay led the Rams to a Super Bowl this year.

Pederson doesn't have the most important edge. If you believe that, you must believe that Mike Shanahan and Brian Billick are better HCs than Andy Reid and Marty Schottenheimer.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Being used as PART of the measuring of success is different than being used as the SOLE indicator of success. If the Eagles went 16-0 this year after winning the Super Bowl last year, Pederson would be a better coach, even if McVay led the Rams to a Super Bowl this year.

Pederson doesn't have the most important edge. If you believe that, you must believe that Mike Shanahan and Brian Billick are better HCs than Andy Reid and Marty Schottenheimer.

Part of the problem you seem to be not acknowledging is that, you didn't just lose the super bowl in a good game. Your offensive minded head coach, put up a mere 3 points in the Super Bowl. He completely flopped. It's on him and/or Goff. Pick one. If y'all lost 38-41 I don't think this is as easy as a pick as it is right now. 

Just now, Danger said:

Part of the problem you seem to be not acknowledging is that, you didn't just lose the super bowl in a good game. Your offensive minded head coach, put up a mere 3 points in the Super Bowl. He completely flopped. It's on him and/or Goff. Pick one. If y'all lost 38-41 I don't think this is as easy as a pick as it is right now. 

I don't acknowledge it because it's a bad argument. The Rams making it a more entertaining game doesn't change a thing. We didn't go out and get blown out. And you can talk all you about McVay taking the hit because he's an offensive-minded coach, but that argument rings hollow. Pederson is an offensive-minded HC, and his offense averaged 10 less points per game this year than McVay's. If you're going to make a big deal out of offensive success in that one game, how can you ignore Pederson's lack of comparative success over a 16 game season?

Just now, jrry32 said:

I don't acknowledge it because it's a bad argument. The Rams making it a more entertaining game doesn't change a thing. We didn't go out and get blown out. And you can talk all you about McVay taking the hit because he's an offensive-minded coach, but that argument rings hollow. Pederson is an offensive-minded HC, and his offense averaged 10 less points per game this year than McVay's. If you're going to make a big deal out of offensive success in that one game, how can you ignore Pederson's lack of comparative success over a 16 game season?

Pederson has done enough to get his team to the playoffs despite being decimated by injuries in both seasons AND he has had more post season success. 

And yes it absolutely is something to be said. If McVay if the one calling plays and he puts up THREE points in the Super Bowl it's absolutely his fault. HE choked. HE failed the team.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Lets compare things recent opponents.

Eagles win @ Chicago 16-15
Rams lose @ Chicago 15-6

McVay is a good coach, don't get me wrong, but he hasn't finished either of his first two seasons strongly.

LOL. Please do. Go ahead and compare how the Eagles and Rams fared against the Saints in the playoffs. Let me know what the results show. I just can't with these terrible arguments.

Archived