TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@Jroc04 I hate you. You told me catfish when it came to that super hot 21 year old. I took that as gospel and put no effort into the opening line - just a "Hey, hows your day"... to which she immediately unmatched. Well I just saw her in the grocery store. I am 100% sure it was her as she had a weird arse pink horse tattoo on her forearm. She was unreal hot. The plus side is, there is no way in hell I would have ever landed that in my present physical condition... so I guess thank you for saving my eventual rejection.

That said, I realized recently how lucky I am to have picked this apartment. There are about 10 brand new large, upper end apartment complexes within 10 miles of here. They just built this area up because there are 3 colleges, a lot of restaurants, shopping, 'Austiny' things to do in the area. Ive realized that  I could probably swipe right on 15 above average to extremely attractive chicks a day. I need to get in the gym.

BTW - If this is annoying I will quit talking about it with yall. Im not sure the etiquette on things like this. I just like hearing your advice. 

Haha, my bad bro. In my Tinder days, that's happened too. It could have just been that she matched you by accident. I'm not saying it wasn't legit but sometimes it's that simple. Her or maybe her friend was swiping one day and then you get matched and then she's like, "Uh, no thanks." And unmatches you. For whatever reason. I've done it to girls before where I swiped on her and when we matched I immediately regretted it and unmatched her to the depths of loneliness and despair. lol

And by the way, don't waste too much time conversing with these chicks. Seriously, too much conversation and messaging is dull and lame for these girls. They have 100 others conversations going on besides you. You can follow, imo, that silly advice about "say something intriguing" lol but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time. I mean, yes don't be a just "Hi" or "What's up" but to think you're a going to knock these girls socks off with some in depth message is a falsity. You don't know these girls at all. You have no idea what makes them tick yet. It's naive to think they all will react to the same type of message. And it may seem like you're trying too hard. 

Honestly, my advice would get to a date as fast as you can. I can't even tell you how many first dates Ive been on. I match, share a few messages and then go for the kill. Some girls are super conservative and scared, rightfully so. But 99% of the conversations on Tinder are the same. Hi, how's your day, what do you do, what are your hobbies, oh cool I like stuff too, make a joke to test her humor level -lands or crashes-, we should get a drink...

If I were you, I'd get at it quick. Match, greet her, share a couple vanilla messages and invite her out. "Hey, you're really cute I'd love to grab a coffee. I'll be downtown Saturday afternoon for a meeting (blah blah) maybe we can get together?" And it fast tracks the progression. And it really doesn't matter how much text chemistry you have, it doesn't mean anything until you set eyes on her. And what's a coffee or a drink or two cost? I'd rather spend a few bucks and know if we're going to connect than waste weeks messaging someone. 

Just a side note, always be on the live music scene or like pop up beer gardens or anything outside where you can have a beer or wine.   Chicks love that ish. It's communal and safe. Get tickets to something, land a match and say "Hey, I bought tickets to Dave Matthews and my buddy fell through, would you wanna go?" They would be happy just to go to the concert and then you spin your cowboy web and lock her in your trunk, Mattsy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The guy destroyed the upper minors too so I think we might have just finally found piece #2 behind herrerra. 

Herrera is a simpleton. We can't build around him. I'd be stoked to know we have a cleanup bat of the future though. If we can land Machado or Harper for the 3 hole, that would be amazing. Get JP up, Kingery, Couzens. Moniak in a couple years. Sounds good to me. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Herrera is a simpleton. We can't build around him. I'd be stoked to know we have a cleanup bat of the future though. If we can land Machado or Harper for the 3 hole, that would be amazing. Get JP up, Kingery, Couzens. Moniak in a couple years. Sounds good to me. 

Herrerra plays good defense at a valuable position and when is on a good streak hits like one of  the best position players in baseball. just needs to get consistent but he is still young and his contract is good. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Herrerra plays good defense at a valuable position and when is on a good streak hits like one of  the best position players in baseball. just needs to get consistent but he is still young and his contract is good. 

Very true. I just hate that he'll walk 70 times one year and then forget his plate discipline the next. He needs to be consistent, you're right. I just don't know if he can mentally do it. He's already too big for his britches. He thinks he's way better than he actually is. And he still pimps fly balls. smh 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Very true. I just hate that he'll walk 70 times one year and then forget his plate discipline the next. He needs to be consistent, you're right. I just don't know if he can mentally do it. He's already too big for his britches. He thinks he's way better than he actually is. And he still pimps fly balls. smh 

Eh he is still gonna give you 4 WAR a year you take him being a little eccentric. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Eh he is still gonna give you 4 WAR a year you take him being a little eccentric. 

I'll take it, don't get me wrong. I just don't think he can be something you build around. Hes a valuable piece but my corp has to be a group of stable, heady guys. He's got too much J-Roll in him. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I'll take it, don't get me wrong. I just don't think he can be something you build around. Hes a valuable piece but my corp has to be a group of stable, heady guys. He's got too much J-Roll in him. 

well last time a J-roll was part of the core we won a world series so I'll take it. 

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well last time a J-roll was part of the core we won a world series so I'll take it. 

Yea but if he didn't pop up to shallow OF trying to hit his homeruns and drive the gap more we maybe could have won more. I just don't like watching uber talented guys not playing the game optimally. So frustrating.