TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Also been dealing with depression the past couple years that doesn't really help me get motivated to go out and do things. 

Well i am sorry sir. depression is a SOB. I think tho you would find if you got into the gym that if you it can actually be like a anti-depressant and really improve the way you feel instantly and in general about your self over the long run. Exercise can actually increase the amount of brain chemicals you have available like dopamine and serotonin , which combat depression and make you feel good. But there are a lot of interesting things that happen to the body when you work out that help depression. 

Exercise helps prevent and improve a number of health problems, including high blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis. Research on anxiety, depression and exercise shows that the psychological and physical benefits of exercise can also help reduce anxiety and improve mood.

The links between anxiety, depression and exercise aren't entirely clear — but working out and other forms of physical activity can definitely ease symptoms of anxiety or depression and make you feel better. Exercise may also help keep anxiety and depression from coming back once you're feeling better.

How does exercise help depression and anxiety?

Regular exercise probably helps ease depression in a number of ways, which may include:

• Releasing feel-good brain chemicals that may ease depression (neurotransmitters, endorphins and endocannabinoids)
  • Reducing immune system chemicals that can worsen depression
  • Increasing body temperature, which may have calming effects

Regular exercise has many psychological and emotional benefits, too. It can help you:

• Gain confidence. Meeting exercise goals or challenges, even small ones, can boost your self-confidence. Getting in shape can also make you feel better about your appearance.
  • Take your mind off worries. Exercise is a distraction that can get you away from the cycle of negative thoughts that feed anxiety and depression.
  • Get more social interaction. Exercise and physical activity may give you the chance to meet or socialize with others. Just exchanging a friendly smile or greeting as you walk around your neighborhood can help your mood.
  • Cope in a healthy way. Doing something positive to manage anxiety or depression is a healthy coping strategy. Trying to feel better by drinking alcohol, dwelling on how badly you feel, or hoping anxiety or depression will go away on its own can lead to worsening symptoms.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/in-depth/depression-and-exercise/art-20046495

Interesting they mentions increasing body temperature , which is something i really believe heals the body. If you ever had the sads hard or worries, go sauna man, and its like sweat the drama out. and you feel better for quite some time after, like a weight has been relieved from you. 

But you should just a couple days  week  and go to the gym and get your sweat on man, your in the heart of the fitness world to, i bet you have some awesome gyms near you. Maybe also throw in a walk or two a week, just get out and get the tiger in you moving around and prowling a little bit! 

I get depressed and in terrible moods more then i would like, specially when i slip in the gym and start coasting/not applying my self there. I just don't function right or feel right. But when i get in the gym all the time with some passion and i put in the right qualit food, my moods are so much better, so much. 

Edited by Bednarik60

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

True fact: Yoga pants are the greatest invention of the 21st century. 

They are pure motivation. Just takes one asss to inspire you to want to put it all together. I was struggling this year in the gym  and getting out much cause of some injuries , being sad/angry , outside distractions(grow room lol). Then i saw this light skinned black girl in the worlds tightest grey yoga pants and i was like i have to get my life back on track. 

7 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

They are pure motivation. Just takes one asss to inspire you to want to put it all together. I was struggling this year in the gym  and getting out much cause of some injuries , being sad/angry , outside distractions(grow room lol). Then i saw this light skinned black girl in the worlds tightest grey yoga pants and i was like i have to get my life back on track. 

I  choose which machine to use based on the quality of *** in front of it. Cardio goes by much faster

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Oh that's messed up bro.  Hope your ok. 

haha 

I am going to be 31 in December. So were bros. 

You know what i love about get older tho right? 

When you find something, let me know.....

I'm 34 but with a wife, 2 kids and teach high school so I feel like I am in my late 100's.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm 34 but with a wife, 2 kids and teach high school so I feel like I am in my late 100's.

Ever heard of Mexico? Go eat peyote and smoke wild cannabis in the jungles of the Yucatan and get lost for 15 years, reappear when your kids are 30 and your wife is re-married and doesn't care about the back log of child support or pursuing you in court anymore. 

Can we please just replace the national anthem with Bruce Springsteen-Born In The USA. 

Not even a big Bruce fan. But if that song doesn't make you want to stand up and raise the flag, you should just move to France, your probably a communist. 

Edited by Bednarik60
  • Like 1