TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Interesting. It feels like every female in the 21-26 year old range has a note to contact them through snapchat. Ive never done it before, but a couple of these are cute enough that it might be worth it. 

snapchat is pretty annoying 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

One I didnt tell any of you about, Lol, I cant give you all any ammo. Aside from that, she was a die hard packers fan. Which should have been the first sign she was not going to look like her pictures. 

Was this the chick who had you on Kik?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Interesting. It feels like every female in the 21-26 year old range has a note to contact them through snapchat. Ive never done it before, but a couple of these are cute enough that it might be worth it. 

If you’ve ever been on Reddit (and I assume you have), you’ll notice that people will post just about anything if they get some imaginary internet points out of it.

Snapchat has a points featur as well, where each person who you send a snap to gives you a  point. Somehow this is an achievement badge to get more points. Expect that if you do add these girls on there, about 60% of them are just going to post stories of them doing dumb crap you have zero interest in and not interact with you at all, and the other 40% is going to send you pictures directly that you don’t give a damn about, but might say “thank you” and other no-effort responses if you reply. Margin for error being about 2% that you might find that genuinely want to talk through there. 

Just now, iPwn said:

Was this the chick who had you on Kik?

No, I met this chick in real life. She was 29 and her pictures were from when she was like 20 and much lighter. It wasnt a big deal, we actually had fun together, I just wasnt attracted to her. We watched a packers game and drank some beer. Whatever. 

The first Kik one I am 99% sure you all were right. She was talking about being out of town but wanting to meet up later in the month. It was just really weird so I deleted after you all scared me. The second kik one blew me off. She was also a legit super hot chick. @ianlewis16 can verify. It was Jenna from the one just our of a relationship... So Kik is a big fact 0 for 2. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

If you’ve ever been on Reddit (and I assume you have), you’ll notice that people will post just about anything if they get some imaginary internet points out of it.

Snapchat has a points featur as well, where each person who you send a snap to gives you a  point. Somehow this is an achievement badge to get more points. Expect that if you do add these girls on there, about 60% of them are just going to post stories of them doing dumb crap you have zero interest in and not interact with you at all, and the other 40% is going to send you pictures directly that you don’t give a damn about, but might say “thank you” and other no-effort responses if you reply. Margin for error being about 2% that you might find that genuinely want to talk through there. 

I am well aware of Reddit Karma. Thats disappointing, I thought snap was a texting app like kik. I mean, I knew you could do those stupid photos where you put puppy ears and crap on... but if its just pictures than how do you actually talk to eachother?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The first Kik one I am 99% sure you all were right. She was talking about being out of town but wanting to meet up later in the month. It was just really weird so I deleted after you all scared me. 

There was a couple things you said that really had me convinced early on. But you’ll learn the cues as you go on.

One of the problems with the internet dating scene is that it attracts people with issues. While a well adjusted person may use the internet in addition to other social means, someone who isn’t well adjusted can use the anonymity and veil of the internet to provide a shield for themselves. People that are fat, depressed and alone can pretend to be cheerleader Barbie and suddenly they’re getting a whole lot of attention and social affection they just aren’t able to get elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am well aware of Reddit Karma. Thats disappointing, I thought snap was a texting app like kik. I mean, I knew you could do those stupid photos where you put puppy ears and crap on... but if its just pictures than how do you actually talk to eachother?

There’s a conversation section, but it wasn’t even added until well after the app took hold and the messages delete as soon as both parties see the message, so it’s not really conducive to having long or meaningful in any way conversations with.

Honestly all it is good for is the fact that pictures deleting after a few seconds loosens up inhabitions, but you have to get the in from somewhere else for that to work. If they’re just throwing it out there, they’re basically only looking for attention and the feeling they get when they see the large number on their screen.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

There was a couple things you said that really had me convinced early on. But you’ll learn the cues as you go on.

One of the problems with the internet dating scene is that it attracts people with issues. While a well adjusted person may use the internet in addition to other social means, someone who isn’t well adjusted can use the anonymity and veil of the internet to provide a shield for themselves. People that are fat, depressed and alone can pretend to be cheerleader Barbie and suddenly they’re getting a whole lot of attention and social affection they just aren’t able to get elsewhere. 

Yeah, I get that theres some risk. But if the entire risk at loss is like an hour of time time talking with you guys and getting pointers, im not worried.

So I just got into Snap. Its giving me a list of friends. This is crazy, apparently everyone in the world is on there. But I am a little shocked, there is one chick who is listed that I am not connected to at all anymore. Like her phone number is not in my phone, were not friends on facebook, there is literally nothing tying me to this chick. Why is she showing up as a friend option?

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

There’s a conversation section, but it wasn’t even added until well after the app took hold and the messages delete as soon as both parties see the message, so it’s not really conducive to having long or meaningful in any way conversations with.

Honestly all it is good for is the fact that pictures deleting after a few seconds loosens up inhabitions, but you have to get the in from somewhere else for that to work. If they’re just throwing it out there, they’re basically only looking for attention and the feeling they get when they see the large number on their screen.

Lol, so the entire premise is to send nudes that the other person cant keep? Gotcha. I still dont understand why so many chicks are saying thats the way they prefer to chat. Are there that many chicks really just sending pics for points? 

This... it doesnt make sense to me. lol. I feel old. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I still dont understand why so many chicks are saying thats the way they prefer to chat. Are there that many chicks really just sending pics for points? 

Yes. Just crap from their day. Walking to work while ranting about a coworker, posting a video from their lunch break, a picture of their freshly manicured nails holding a Starbucks cup. Just garbage. Crap no one really cares about.