TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

2 minutes ago, 808 said:

Yup, his current shooting motion is broken. Not sure if trying to change it during the season is a good idea (see Markelle Fultz's free throws in preseason). As with throwing motions in football, any unnecessary movement needed before the release is going to hinder your effectiveness. 

It's funny cause people would say don't judge a guy's career after a handful of games in his rookie season, but thanks to Lavarr's antics and Lonzo's slow start, he is labeled by many as a bust already. I personally wanted Jason Tatum, as I'm a Duke fan who would have loved to pair him with fellow Blue Devil Brandon Ingram. Magic and Rob Pelinka fell in love in Lonzo and seemingly didn't legit scout anyone else up top. I hope he proves to be worthy of that #2 pick, but he is off to a slow start, minus being the youngest player in NBA history to post a triple double. We'll see what happens, but I'm cautiously pessimistic about his odds to become a star. 

I wouldn't say he's a bust, but this is something he ABSOLUTELY needs to rebuild from the ground up all off season. 

I haven't seen enough of Fultz to say anything on him yet.

Just now, Danger said:

I wouldn't say he's a bust, but this is something he ABSOLUTELY needs to rebuild from the ground up all off season. 

I agree. Most notably, get in the weight room and hire a personal shooting coach that is not related to him. 

Just now, 808 said:

I agree. Most notably, get in the weight room and hire a personal shooting coach that is not related to him. 

LOL. It's in Lonzo's best interest to get further away from his dad more quickly. The Lonzo and LaVar relationship comes across like Lonzo might try to say something and then LaVar will shush him and say "Grown-ups are talking" and he'll just say in response "yes pappy" with a frown.

Just now, Danger said:

LOL. It's in Lonzo's best interest to get further away from his dad more quickly. The Lonzo and LaVar relationship comes across like Lonzo might try to say something and then LaVar will shush him and say "Grown-ups are talking" and he'll just say in response "yes pappy" with a frown.

Yeah his daddy set the stage for too much hype and Lonzo is a very quiet dude. I'm glad for his haters who get to bask in the glory of his underwhelming start. 

How about that Kyle Kuzma though? He was a steal! Averaging 15 pts and 7 rebs on 50% shooting from the field. 

6 minutes ago, 808 said:

Yeah his daddy set the stage for too much hype and Lonzo is a very quiet dude. I'm glad for his haters who get to bask in the glory of his underwhelming start. 

How about that Kyle Kuzma though? He was a steal! Averaging 15 pts and 7 rebs on 50% shooting from the field. 

He's been by far the best Rookie on your team.

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

The youngest one seems the most like his dad, which is terrifying. 

Not only that, his daddy pulls him from High school to home school him for last 2 years because he didn't see eye to eye with the coach. SMH

Just now, 808 said:

Not only that, his daddy pulls him from High school to home school him for last 2 years because he didn't see eye to eye with the coach. SMH

You see those games where he was just cherry picking and chucking up 35 footers for bricks? That's embarrassing. That coach had no choice.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You see those games where he was just cherry picking and chucking up 35 footers for bricks? That's embarrassing. That coach had no choice.

Exactly, the AAU hoops circuit is a joke and that's all LaMelo will ever know. LaVar has threatened to hold him out of NCAA hoops too, in some weird effort to either bypass the one year out of high school rule or have him play pro overseas. At first I thought people were just jealous of the Ball family because maybe their daddy's weren't in their lives or whatever, but as the story continues to unfold, I actually think he's a little too involved and the media keeps feeding the hype.