TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

Neighbor1: TELL KIKI TO COME OUT I GOT AX HER SUMTIN! 

Neighbor2 : SHE AT RABACCAS CRIB!!! YOU WANT ME TO CALL HER!!!? 

Neighbor3: REBACCA OVER HER!!! KIKI AT THE MINUTE MART WITH DARELLE! 

Neighbor2: WE AINT TALKING TO YOU! BUT TELL RABACCA , KANEEL SAID WHATS GOOD!!!!!

Neighbor1: YO  RABACCA THERE!! HEY RABACCA! HEY RABACCA!!! YO WHAT UP RABACCA!! WHATS GOOD GIRL!!! 

7 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

No i hear it mentioned from time to time on JRE and some other podcasts. Whats up with it!!? 

It's kinda like The Twilight Zone, but set in the modern world and the episodes are each a standalone story about technology and humans in some way. (Black Mirror=your phone/screen when it's turned off)

there was a good episode based around an Instagram like service in the newest season...basically a culture based around being liked and acceptance...creating a new class system 

they deal with a lot of different stuff like that (digital immortality, ads, cyber terrorism)

its all in a heightened Twilight Zone what if kinda way, but they have a lot of good social commentary 

• Like 2

Just now, Kiltman said:

It's kinda like The Twilight Zone, but set in the modern world and the episodes are each a standalone story about technology and humans in some way. (Black Mirror=your phone/screen when it's turned off)

there was a good episode based around an Instagram like service in the newest season...basically a culture based around being liked and acceptance...creating a new class system 

they deal with a lot of different stuff like that (digital immortality, ads, cyber terrorism)

its all in a heightened Twilight Zone what if kinda way, but they have a lot of good social commentary 

Oh nice. Yeah i bet i would like this. What service is it on ? 

Something crazy is happening with this technology its all heading towards something, who knows what it is, but i imagine the future is going to have  some interesting "consequences" cause of it. 

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

Something crazy is happening with this technology its all heading towards something, who knows what it is, but i imagine the future is going to have  some interesting "consequences" cause of it. 

netflix. 

i thought that episode was pretty weak in comparison to the rest of em tbh. they all soooo good besides one called "waldo moment". 100% skip that pos. rest are 5/5

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

It's on Netflix 

yea, AI...robotics...bodily enhancements

its interesting to ponder what way it'll go. And if society is going to embrace it or how long with it stay fringe once it comes.

you have the very rich and powerful on opposite sides of certain discussions.

I felt like the Pokemon GO was some major foreshadowing of something bigger to come. 

Imagine Pokemon Go x Facebook/Instagram x Virtual Reality. Like we just opt for a virtual reality version of our own world, your brain and eye are perceiving the real world completely different and like you can move around it in and its the real world but technology alters your perception and others perceptions, it in a way that some stuff is there that isnt really there and your not exactly who you really are (you could be any one you want) and you go do all things in this world and its real but its altered/edited to your brain/eye and every one else's. 

3 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

netflix. 

i thought that episode was pretty weak in comparison to the rest of em tbh. they all soooo good besides one called "waldo moment". 100% skip that pos. rest are 5/5

It just wasn't as dark as the others, for obvious reasons. Agree it's not the very best of the episodes. 

it was scary though because it was one of the ones that struck true of society already in a lot of ways. But they all do have that kernel of life today to them

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's on Netflix 

yea, AI...robotics...bodily enhancements

its interesting to ponder what way it'll go. And if society is going to embrace it or how long with it stay fringe once it comes.

you have the very rich and powerful on opposite sides of certain discussions.

Do you remember the movie Gattaca with Jude Law and Ethane Hawk? 

Now, an international team of scientists reports they have, for the first time, figured out a way to successfully edit the DNA in human embryos — without introducing the harmful mutations that were a problem in previous attempts elsewhere. The work was published online Wednesday in the journal Nature.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/08/02/540975224/scientists-precisely-edit-dna-in-human-embryos-to-fix-a-disease-gene

• Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

It just wasn't as dark as the others, for obvious reasons. Agree it's not the very best of the episodes. 

it was scary though because it was one of the ones that struck true of society already in a lot of ways. But they all do have that kernel of life today to them

yeah it definitely was kinda eerie how that episode was so relevant to the election lol. it wasn't terrible, but just like definitely on it's own tier at the bottom for me. 

top 5 episodes imo 

1. white christmas 
2. shut up & dance
3. be right back
4. san junipero
5. hated in the nation

• Like 1