The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

49 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not sure how accurate this article I read earlier is but it said we have 23 million without MB money off the books yet. So that would be 30 and change. 

It mentioned all the contracts that we restructured and all , except the new Graham deal. Anyone got any news on that? 

We have around 20 now. That’s without Bennett or Graham factored in. So, it depends on how Howie spaced out his deal. Normally the first year is pretty low salary wise. But even if you consider it a wash - slightly more space then we’re looking around 23 or so. And that’s still without a definitive decision on Nelly. He’s making 9 and that’s clearly and entirely too much. If Peters still plans on playing, which it looks like he does, they can restructure him and bring that number down converting some salary to a bonus, essentially moving his salary this year over  a couple years or so. This being his last year (again?), it’s an option knowing he won’t  be on the books beyond 2020. They could potentially move into Wednesday with more than 30M maximizing their cost cutting moves. Should be interesting. 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Depends on the price. I heard reports he could get $12 per year. No thanks 

Yea, not for a guy that hasn’t played a full season ever. Don’t want to commit a big, long contract to a guy like that. Just would rather take my lumps with some growing pains at CB. 

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Depends on the price. I heard reports he could get $12 per year. No thanks 

Yea, that's a lot of coin for 9 games a season. Gimme the 3rd round comp.

Draft Isaiah Johnson, Sean Bunting, David long, or Corey Ballentine. Or two of them.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I want him so bad. If we can't have him, just please keep him off the Cowboys or Giants or Skins.

Could be a get if he doesn’t want top money anymore. Move on form Long and replace him with Houston. He is only 30 though. Not sure is he’s in that veteran chasing ring stage yet though and would eat some potential salary. 

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Could be a get if he doesn’t want top money anymore. Move on form Long and replace him with Houston. He is only 30 though. Not sure is he’s in that veteran chasing ring stage yet though and would eat some potential salary. 

He effectively replaces Bennett + Long (From a production and cost standpoint).

DE1 B Graham/Barnett 

DE2 Houston/Sweat

Draft Maxx Crosby  

There's our 5 man active roster DE rotation.

Ostman and Hall can battle for DE#6 if we want to keep 6 instead of 5.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He effectively replaces Bennett + Long (From a production and cost standpoint).

DE1 B Graham/Barnett 

DE2 Houston/Sweat

Draft Maxx Crosby  

There's our 5 man active roster DE rotation.

Ostman and Hall can battle for DE#6 if we want to keep 6 instead of 5.

I like Long but if that’s my alternative, sign me up. 

We're trying to trade Agholor, and at least looked into a trade for AB, Amari, and Robby Anderson.

If we don't sign John Brown or Tyrell Williams in FA, I bet we draft a WR in the 2nd.

Could also see us trying to trade for AJ Green, but I doubt he's available.

28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

i wouldnt mind houston being our big signing. I just really doubt we do it after bring back brandon.

I think we might do it, mostly because he wouldn't count against comp picks next year and Doug obviously knows him.