The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Just 9.75 this year, his guaranteed will be paid by jags. Great against the run and pass. Something we’re going to need. 

He'd still just be wlb though. A position that sees the field 25% of the time. We need an MLB.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Nigel and smith will be just fine. Tevin can play middle

No. Telvin can't. He weighs 225 lbs. That's fine for a 3/4 ILB, but it's a liability for a 4-3 mlb. Feel free to show me an example of a good 225 lb 4-3 MLB though. 

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Deion jones #owned

Awesome coverage LB. Probably the best in that regard. Average run defender, because he's too little to be a good run defender.

How do teams win our division? Running the ball better than the other 3 teams. Telvin isn't going to slow down Zeke or Barkley. Run defense was the Jags Achilles heel the entire time Telvin was there. He would make us better, but 10 mill is too rich for his services. He isn't as good in coverage as Deion Jones and he's just as average vs the run. I would love to see just about anyone start over Kamu and Gerry though. if Bradham goes down, no question we have the worst LB group in the NFL.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Awesome coverage LB. Probably the best in that regard. Average run defender, because he's too little to be a good run defender.

How do teams win our division? Running the ball better than the other 3 teams. Telvin isn't going to slow down Zeke or Barkley. Run defense was the Jags Achilles heel the entire time Telvin was there. He would make us better, but 10 mill is too rich for his services. He isn't as good in coverage as Deion Jones and he's just as average vs the run. I would love to see just about anyone start over Kamu and Gerry though. if Bradham goes down, no question we have the worst LB group in the NFL.

Actually telvin smith graded out as the best lb against the run in 2017. So i think he’s good against the run. And he’s really good against the pass, I think you’re under rating him or haven’t seen him play. I live in the Jax area and watch a lot of jags games and he’s a great player

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Actually telvin smith graded out as the best lb against the run in 2017. So i think he’s good against the run. And he’s really good against the pass, I think you’re under rating him or haven’t seen him play. I live in the Jax area and watch a lot of jags games and he’s a great player

He wouldn't grade out nearly as well vs the run if he was a 4-3 MLB. ILB and MLB are not the same. This should be obvious to anyone that watched DeMeco Ryans or even Jordan Hicks. Hicks was better in a 3/4 because ILB is an easier job than MLB. If Deion Jones was a 3/4 ILB, he would grade out much better vs the run than he currently does as an MLB.

Edited by Jeezla

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He wouldn't grade out nearly as well vs the run if he was a 4-3 MLB. ILB and MLB are not the same. This should be obvious to anyone that watched DeMeco Ryans or even Jordan Hicks. Hicks was better in a 3/4 because ILB is an easier job than MLB. If Deion Jones was a 3/4 ILB, he would grade out much better vs the run than he currently does as an MLB.

Simple solution, move Nigel to middle where we won the Super Bowl with him playing there! 

8 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

If we had to keep 3 runningbacks who would you guys keep? Personally I’d keep Sanders, Howard and Adams

The same 3, unless Clement looks healthier than ever. I'll let preseason decide. Maybe Clements comes in healthy as a horse, but Adams also looks better than ever.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Simple solution, move Nigel to middle where we won the Super Bowl with him playing there! 

Not a real solution, because Nigel is not nearly as good in the middle. That's what we're gonna end up doing anyways, and it's not going to be pretty.

Edited by Jeezla