Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Is this how low we've stooped now? The revisionist is strong in NFL News/Gen

I mean, here is the thing....Bell is a very good back, but he played behind a good/very good OLine his entire career and had a passing game that helped open up the running game.    He was never as special of a runner as some made him out to be, and I even said this a few years ago before all this drama.     His biggest impact is in the passing game.     He is a very good pass catcher and blocker.   I am not concerned at all about losing him in the running game.

Bottom line....Bell is a good back, but what will happen if he goes to a team that doesnt offer him the same luxuries Pittsburgh did.    For all the talk of how much better Bell made the Steelers, people need to recognize how good he had it.   

6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

It's FF bruh.. I suggest Bills make a run at him and some guys go on about character. Apparently holding out for a long term contract while lesser RB's are getting paid around you = bad character on FF.

Bell's character has had question marks long before the contract issue came about.

I dont blame him for holding out for more money, but he drastically overrated his own value.   He got a pretty fair offer from the Steelers.     Not knocking him for not taking it, but he did act like a goof.

Bottom line....Bell has character question marks that have nothing to do with his contract demands, and Ill laugh if anyone pays him the money he wants.  

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bell's character has had question marks long before the contract issue came about.

I dont blame him for holding out for more money, but he drastically overrated his own value.   He got a pretty fair offer from the Steelers.     Not knocking him for not taking it, but he did act like a goof.

Bottom line....Bell has character question marks that have nothing to do with his contract demands, and Ill laugh if anyone pays him the money he wants.  

Of course you will, he hijacked your team and AB on his way out. Im sure you'll say the same bout him.

7 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Of course you will, he hijacked your team and AB on his way out. Im sure you'll say the same bout him.

Funny how you cant address anything I said.   Oh well.  

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Funny how you cant address anything I said.   Oh well.  

Bell's character is fine, what else to address? Prior to his holdout he was a top 3 RB, he's still in his prime. Someone is gonna pay him a reap the benefits. I for one want him in Buffalo, I feel he'll be a great RB to help Josh Allen progress and other than Tre'Davious White we have guys who aren't due significant raises for a few years (Allen, Edmunds etc) so now would be the time to splurge on a front loaded contract for a top 3 NFL RB.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Bell's character is fine, what else to address?

35 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bell is a very good back, but he played behind a good/very good OLine his entire career and had a passing game that helped open up the running game.

His biggest impact is in the passing game.     He is a very good pass catcher and blocker.   I am not concerned at all about losing him in the running game.

For all the talk of how much better Bell made the Steelers, people need to recognize how good he had it.   

31 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Rules are rules, I get it.. But this Marijuana horse**** around the NFL is getting out of control. It's soon to be legal in Canada and already legal in a few states.

Getting caught with a little over a half oz of smoke doesn't equal bad person. Especially when some of the people criticizing are toking while criticizing.

Bell's character is fine, what else to address?

Well, if youre going to blindly claim that I am just hating on Bell, you should at least address the facts I presented.  Here is another one...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687567/article/leveon-bells-suspension-reduced-to-three-games

Im not saying Bell is on the level of Martavis Bryant, but to act like there arent any red flags is pretty laughable.

Prior to his holdout he was a top 3 RB, he's still in his prime. Someone is gonna pay him a reap the benefits. I for one want him in Buffalo, I feel he'll be a great RB to help Josh Allen progress and other than Tre'Davious White we have guys who aren't due significant raises for a few years (Allen, Edmunds etc) so now would be the time to splurge on a front loaded contract for a top 3 NFL RB.

Fair enough.   If you want him, thats great.   I never said he wasnt a good weapon.   Just saying I will laugh if someone pays him what HE wants.  You do know how much HE wants, right?

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, if youre going to blindly claim that I am just hating on Bell, you should at least address the facts I presented.  Here is another one...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687567/article/leveon-bells-suspension-reduced-to-three-games

Im not saying Bell is on the level of Martavis Bryant, but to act like there arent any red flags is pretty laughable.

Fair enough.   If you want him, thats great.   I never said he wasnt a good weapon.   Just saying I will laugh if someone pays him what HE wants.  You do know how much HE wants, right?

If he gets paid as the highest paid RB in the league for a year until Zeke Elliott gets extension than so be it. I'm not fixing to research at 130 am but I'd like to see the highest paid RB list and compare who in the top 3 is better than Le'Veon Bell

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Rules are rules, I get it.. But this Marijuana horse**** around the NFL is getting out of control. It's soon to be legal in Canada and already legal in a few states.

Getting caught with a little over a half oz of smoke doesn't equal bad person. Especially when some of the people criticizing are toking while criticizing.

No one is saying he is a bad person.     But he does have red flags.

Look, Im not knocking you for wanting him.    He is a good player and should make his next team better, and I think he would be hugely beneficial to a young QB like Allen .   I just think that IF a team gives him the amount HE wants, they are going to be disappointed...for reasons I mentioned earlier.

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

If he gets paid as the highest paid RB in the league for a year until Zeke Elliott gets extension than so be it. I'm not fixing to research at 130 am but I'd like to see the highest paid RB list and compare who in the top 3 is better than Le'Veon Bell

Okay, but lets look at a few facts....

1) Bell played behind a very good OLine and had a great passing game supporting him.     No denying he is good, but HOW good without those luxuries?

2) Bell hasnt played a meaningful down in over a year.   Plus there are reports he ballooned up.   He should be able to get back to playing shape, but its a bit worriesome.

3) Conner replaced Bell without missing a beat early in the year before he got hurt. 

4) Bell's health history is concerning.  No real major injuries, but he gets hurt at terrible times.   Plus he has alot of mileage.

5) I seriously question Bell's commitment once he gets a ton of guaranteed money.

All those things considered....and you can see why some people are really reluctant about paying him the kind of money he wants.

I think Bell does deserve to get paid, but he wants huge guaranteed money and a bunch up front.   Good luck with that.   I didnt want us to pay Bell THAT much even before Bell held out.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Jets are giving Bell 4 years 65M 45M guaranteed for sure.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ill laugh if anyone pays him the money he wants.  

There are six teams with over $65M in cap space this season that could really use a guy like Bell. Would it be that bad if those teams give him big dollars up front (which given Bell’s overall baggage, is preferable compared to spreading out the dollars IMO)? 

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

There are six teams with over $65M in cap space this season that could really use a guy like Bell. Would it be that bad if those teams give him big dollars up front (which given Bell’s overall baggage, is preferable compared to spreading out the dollars IMO)? 

The "up front" part was just something I tacked on because of the point I made regarding questioning his commitment after getting paid.

Archived