Who are the greatest never was' of the NFL?

Kiwibrown

On 2/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, ET80 said:

Jeff Samarzdjia - the San Francisco Giants P was also an All American WR for Notre Dame in 2007. He was widely considered the #2 WR prospect that year, behind Calvin Johnson. He wasn't a speed guy, but had some special hands and body control at 6' 5" 220. He reminded me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald in college.

Charlie Ward - Well before Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson (or even before Michael Vick) there was Ward, a dual threat QB out of Florida State. His running skill and quick read/recognition skills allowed him to run that FSU "fast break" RPO offense, and he ran it all the way to a National Title and a Heisman. Ward quickly declared that he would play basketball if he wasn't a 1st round draft pick, then fully declared for basketball even before the combine. He had a very respectful career in the NBA as a point guard, with stints with the Knicks, Spurs and Rockets.

Good mentions. To this day I still wonder how Samardzija would’ve fared in the nfl. He undoubtedly would’ve been my favorite player lol. But he chose the career he preferred and doesn’t have CTE so more power to him I guess. 

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

Good mentions. To this day I still wonder how Samardzija would’ve fared in the nfl. He undoubtedly would’ve been my favorite player lol. But he chose the career he preferred and doesn’t have CTE so more power to him I guess. 

To date, he's made more money than Megatron - and he's still got years Ieft to pitch, so that gap is only going to grow.

I was a big fan of The Shark, too - really special WR, thought he was going to be great.

On 07/03/2019 at 10:33 AM, ET80 said:

To date, he's made more money than Megatron - and he's still got years Ieft to pitch, so that gap is only going to grow.

I was a big fan of The Shark, too - really special WR, thought he was going to be great.

Currently earning $18m per year after signing a 5-year deal worth $90m. 

11 minutes ago, Boknows34 said:

Currently earning $18m per year after signing a 5-year deal worth $90m. 

So he's currently tied with Odell Beckham Jr, who is the highest paid WR in football.

Safe to say he made the right choice. Don't think he was even All Star/Cy Young calibur over the tenure of his career, but is making the equivalent of the best WRs in football.

Archived