Who are the greatest never was' of the NFL?

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought Noel Devine was going to be the next big thing.

To this day, his high school highlight tape is the most spectacular thing I've ever seen. Either his or Clowney's.

Yea i thought Clowney's was the most ridiculous thing i've seen but Noel was pretty impressive too lol

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

To be fair, we're still waiting for that ball he threw in his one start for the Vikings to come back down to earth.

Oh I get it he absolutely sucked after his stint with Tampa. But his sophomore season in Tampa was so impressive.  He had like 27 tds and 6 picks. A 70.3 qb which to put that number into context that 70.3 qbr is better than rivers 8 out of last nine seasons.

People thought Freeman was gonna progress and improve from that season and he just never did. It's kinda shocking because he had talent, he could play in this league and then he couldn't.  It's an odd situation. 

Something had to happen to him mentally or physically.  There's no reason a 26 year olds talents should erode like that. He's still only 31 and isn't even playing in the AAF.

21 hours ago, Starless said:

I'm kind of amazed that Percy Harvin hasn't been mentioned here. He'd flash all-world talent in multiple phases and was always on the verge of breaking out but between the injuries and the attitude problems, he never got over that hump.

For a few years he was one of the best kick returners I had ever seen, if he could have had a 10+ year as a returner we may have been talking about him being one of the best to ever do it....he was fun to watch 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:53 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I thought Noel Devine was going to be the next big thing.

To this day, his high school highlight tape is the most spectacular thing I've ever seen. Either his or Clowney's.

I personally was a bigger fan of Slaton. or Cal's Jahvid Best

Ravens CB Chris Mcalister was arguably as good as any of the cornerbacks  on the 2000s all decade team, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Ronde Barber, Charles Woodson; but he could have been far better if he didn't party so hard and perpetually get busted for DUIs, etc.

Also Jamal Lewis managed to rush for 10,000 yards despite multiple knee injuries, a Brian Billick / Kyle Boller offense, and jail time.  2003 Jamal ran for 2000 yards with Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright playing quarterback, and Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson starting at wide receiver.  

Peter Boulware was also decimated by injuries.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:21 AM, Chiefer said:

Joe Delaney

Chiefs RB, Won rookie of the year in 1981. Got us to a winning record, first time since 1973. 

In 1983 some children were drowning in a local park near his hometown. Delaney happened to be passing by and even though he didnt know how to swim went in to save them anywayz. One child survived, he got another to shore(whom died later), and he was found dead with the third child in the water hole.

I'm old enough to vaguely remember this as a kid. Never knew the story until now though.

All I can say is, damn.....That's some serious, truly heroic s**t right there. I'm speechless. RIP Joe Delaney. 

Archived