Who are the greatest never was' of the NFL?

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If Danario Alexander's knees weren't made of jello, he would have been a top tier WR.  But his knees are indeed made of Jell-o, lime flavor.

This is a really good call. Would have loved to see him completely healthy without his body betraying him

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This is a really good call. Would have loved to see him completely healthy without his body betraying him

We didn't even really see him in college either. He beat Jeremy Maclin for the starting job, as freshmen, then injured his knee.  The poor guy fell out of the bad luck tree and hit every branch.

Willis Mcgahee... He was a solid pro... but I think  he would have been an all time great if not for his knee exploding in the College National championship game... He was a pro bowl caliber player at 65-70%.... I imagine him uninjured... could have been special to see

8 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

Willis Mcgahee... He was a solid pro... but I think  he would have been an all time great if not for his knee exploding in the College National championship game... He was a pro bowl caliber player at 65-70%.... I imagine him uninjured... could have been special to see

I watched his highlights, what did he lose, explosiveness?

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I watched his highlights, what did he lose, explosiveness?

He was a low 4.3 guy at Miami... he was a 4.6-4.7 guy as a pro... so lose that much speed and still be a pro bowl caliber back... could u imagine what that low 4.3 would have looked like 

Justin Blackmon would have been special had he not had off field issues. The ease of which he plucked the ball off the air and in one motion pick up YAC was one of the best I've ever seen. I'm talking balls that are thrown to his knees he plucks and runs without breaking his stride.

Charles Rogers of the lions too I think had finally shows signs of developing and becoming one of the tall/fast receivers before he got hurt

11 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Charles Rogers of the lions too I think had finally shows signs of developing and becoming one of the tall/fast receivers before he got hurt

Rogers had the misfortune of being with Detroit during the Millen error.

According to a Lions' fan comment I saw somewhere else, Rogers was told to go to Michigan St. for rehab, which is where the trouble started. That fan also said that Rogers would have been told to stay at the Lion facility and rehab if he played there today with Stafford.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:53 AM, otg said:

For the Bengals; Greg Cook, Odell Thurman, and Chris Henry.

I'd put Ickey Woods on there too, maybe Ki-Jana Carter - tough to say with Carter, he never got a chance to be a fully healthy pro, poor guy had one freak season-ending injury after another. 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:09 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sterling Sharpe - Clearly was on HOF pace and was viewed on the same level of Jerry Rice, its a shame he isn't in due to injuries that cut his career short.

I think that even with the truncated career Sharpe has a HoF resume - 7 yr career (6 if you want to give him a pass for his rookie year, in which he caught the most passes for the 2nd most yards of a rookie class that included Tim Brown and Anthony Miller), 3x All Pro, led league in rec 3 x, TDs twice, averaged 73 yds/game with none missed due to injury (he played through cracked ribs and turf toe), and all that with a motley cast of QBs throwing the ball (I'd include young Favre as "motley"; there's a strong case that the best QBs he played with during his time in GB were Favre in '94 and Majkowski in '89). Also he rarely had a decent secondary receiving threat (Jackie Harris in 92-93 was about the best complement he had). 

The man was a beast. 

Archived