Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

He's objectively not better than Durant, and this is coming from a huge Durant hater. He's my least favorite player of all time. These past 2 dominant Finals performances over LeBron sealed the deal for KD. He's in cruise control now.

Is he better than The Hick from French Lick, Larry Bird?

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Is he better than The Hick from French Lick, Larry Bird?

Nope. Bird is too much of a legend. MVP, COTY, and executive of the year. Mr. Mother ******* basketball. He doesn't take the same legacy hits for not being competitive that LeBron and Durant do. The only thing working against Bird is that he threw out his back shoveling cement in his mother's driveway and had to call it a career early. That's it. I don't dock him much for that so I still have him at 3rd all time.

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Are we sure Lebron is even the best SF of all time?

Unquestionably. KD had to run off to Golden State to beat him. Bird was fantastic but his back shortened his career too much.The fact you are asking this now, watching injured 34 year old LeBron, extrapolating to prime LeBron, makes me wonder about your ability to evaluate in context.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Unquestionably. KD had to run off to Golden State to beat him. Bird was fantastic but his back shortened his career too much.The fact you are asking this now, watching injured 34 year old LeBron, extrapolating to prime LeBron, makes me wonder about your ability to evaluate in context.

All I did was pose the question. After watching Lebron get exposed in the West maybe it changed for some people.

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

KD can become the best with success outside of Golden State. If he wins a ring for the Knicks it will hoist him with LeBron in a neck and neck conversation for best SF ever. And cement him in the top 3 with Jordan.

This is playing too much mental gymnastics. Durant does not have to go to the Knicks to surpass LeBron. He's still got at least 2 max contracts left for his career and he already beat up on LeBron twice in the Finals. There's a dozen different ways he could surpass LeBron if you don't think he has already.

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

All I did was pose the question. After watching Lebron get exposed in the West maybe it changed for some people.

The fact that you think the 'mythical West' exposed him says all I need to know. The East has 4/6 top teams in the NBA this year. Here is how we got here:

-Lakers were doing fine

-LeBron got hurt

-Lakers collapsed in his absence

-AD asked for a trade

-Likely using his agent to get this whole saga started, LeBron tried to deal everyone for AD

-This ended up with all of his teammates getting thrown under the bus and destroyed the team chemistry

-LeBron came back early, clearly still hurt trying to make a playoff push because the team faltered

-Now you have still hurt LeBron, on a bad team, that rightfully hates him. Of course they aren't winning games, he's been a terrible leader this season and he doesn't have enough in him to overcome it physically anymore

If you want to blame LeBron for this season's disaster go right ahead. He should bare responsibility for much of the blame. But saying it's due to joining the West lacks both nuance and intelligence

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Exposed?

1. He is 34 and has been injured
2. 27-8-8 on over 50% shooting and a 25 PER is hardly getting exposed even for someone in their prime.

4 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

This is playing too much mental gymnastics. Durant does not have to go to the Knicks to surpass LeBron. He's still got at least 2 max contracts left for his career and he already beat up on LeBron twice in the Finals. There's a dozen different ways he could surpass LeBron if you don't think he has already.

The GSW beat up on LeBron twice in the Finals with KD there. They also did it once without KD.

4 rings in a row could put him past LeBron, but joining the greatest regular season team of all time and already a championship team will always rub people the wrong way. He built nothing with GS (as opposed to LeBron in Miami), he made the team video-game like because it was completely unneccessary albeit entertaining. His first sign of struggle, he fled and joined the team that beat him. If LeBron gets bashed for creating a Super Team and inciting an era of player mobility then KD must receive the same critique and even more for taking it a step further.

And no, he has not already. I get beat over the head with 6 for 6 and 5 MVPs for MJ and now I'm getting 2 Rings and 1 MVP for Durant could put him past LBJ? lol come guys. That is laughable.

2 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Those statistics are good but you better acknowledge that he's playing some of the worst defense of all time.

He's not really trying to. He isn't the only person in history to have done that. Do I like it? No. But that is what's happening. And it isn't because OMG he's in the West now. He's been dialing back on the amount of defense he plays for a several years now as he's gotten older. This is the culmination of it. No body has EXPOSED anything which is what I was responding to.

Off the cuff this is probably how I'd go

1. MJ

2. Lebron

3. Magic

4. Bird

5. Kobe

6. Kareem

7. Shaq

8. Russell*

9. Duncan

10. Wilt

I think Russell is the hardest to rank given his era

25 minutes ago, mse326 said:

He's not really trying to. He isn't the only person in history to have done that. Do I like it? No. But that is what's happening. And it isn't because OMG he's in the West now. He's been dialing back on the amount of defense he plays for a several years now as he's gotten older. This is the culmination of it. No body has EXPOSED anything which is what I was responding to.

As long as you acknowledge it, I don't care how you rationalize it. I'm just saying context matters. It's the same reason that nobody here considers  James Harden the best player in the game right now.

Just now, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

As long as you acknowledge it, I don't care how you rationalize it. I'm just saying context matters. It's the same reason that nobody here considers  James Harden the best player in the game right now.

I'm not sure what you are arguing with me about. ALL I said was that he hasn't been EXPOSED by the west. Do you disagree with that?

Archived