BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

4 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I've decided to change my votes to rookie contracts only. I agree that in some cases, an owner might get screwed. But these are rare cases and it doesn't matter unless the contract is locked anyway. I think applying to all contracts might lead to more issues than what we have currently.

These are not rare cases. We have already outlined 10 alone during our time in the league.

And what issue? A guy gets removed from database while unlocked already. This removes the retired locked player. If one occurs and there are no issues why are there suddenly issues with the other? They are both lines of data. There are no issues.

I agree with PR. What issues could arise from this? We can't manipulate who is going to retire or not, there's no loophole here. They retire from football, they get removed from your roster no matter what. That's what we're voting on here. I don't understand what shenanigans people think this could lead to.

Just now, Jlash said:

I agree with PR. What issues could arise from this? We can't manipulate who is going to retire or not, there's no loophole here. They retire from football, they get removed from your roster no matter what. That's what we're voting on here. I don't understand what shenanigans people think this could lead to.

Apparently we can contact guys and tell them to retire for our football leauge.

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I agree that in some cases, an owner might get screwed. But these are rare cases

So you're ok with 'screwing' an owner needlessly when it can be avoided? That's good to know. PR was right, this is an odd spite vote.

This rule affects two types of players: players who are old and enter FA or players who retire unexpectedly. The first one is the only one that can be "abused" since it's the only one we can reasonably predict retirement. In that case, everyone will have this knowledge during FA bidding. 

I'm with those that believe that this is a hard sell that it can be manipulated in any meaningful way for any meaningful players

I vote YES on 3

Yes for all - BDD, MD4L, JLash, Counselor, BCB, PR, Whicker

Yes if only Rookie - Rags, Ted

Yes if only unlocked (Im pretty sure this just means no..) - Pheltz

No - Lukic, SirA, whickok

That is 7. Game set match?

Archived