BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

Just now, bcb1213 said:

The other reason I like rounds 6-7 quite frankly are these are the guys with sub 500 deals you can cut if they don't work out 

Arent PFAs still under that line?

24 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Pfa if you keep after year one are locked for year two 

26 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Pfa if you keep after year one are locked for year two 

If you choose to resign after year 1

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

PFA years would stay the same as 1 year then an option to ERFA. Which basically gives you more control over a player and makes them expendable as you see fit.

I still see nothing wrong with this.

6-7 rounders all get 3 year contracts... pfa can have 3 year contracts if you choose to keep them after the first year and extend as efa. Then they hit rfa after 3. There is no complications here unless you expect yourself to want to cut the efa mid second year.

Id vote yes but only if pfa slots are tradeable.

It gives the flexibility of 6th and 7th for trading, lends to more predictaibility, less wasted picks and if it helps makes things a bit motr uniform cool.

LIke I said we can test the PFA slot trading thing this year to see how it goes. I believe it should start when the BDL draft starts though to make those resources applicable to the draft only.

Sorry I can't quote from work and the phone is a pain but what PR said is correct you aren't losing any RFA pool by swapping 6-7 rounders for PFA slots in the end and actually will have a stronger RFA pool in year 4 because of likely better players starting out as PFA's.

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

LIke I said we can test the PFA slot trading thing this year to see how it goes. I believe it should start when the BDL draft starts though to make those resources applicable to the draft only.

So test PFA trading for 2019 and 7th round in 2020 and 6th in 2021? Staggered to see if it remains feasible?

I picked Kittle in the 7th because I did my research. I should be rewarded for great scouting that’s why I like the league. And if having a first round pick doesn’t benefit with a fifth year option then I say no on 15 also.

So no on 6 and 15 for me

Just now, Counselor said:

I picked Kittle in the 7th because I did my research. I should be rewarded for great scouting that’s why I like the league. And if having a first round pick doesn’t benefit with a fifth year option then I say no on 15 also.

So no on 6 and 15 for me

But that doesnt change your scouting? You would have had still made Kittle a priority pick would you have not?

Archived