BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Guys.  if I may.  I think that these three things are things we can all agree to immediately for the next draft.  Let's agree to these, let's see how it works, and then come back to this topic in the summer meeting.

Let's focus on stuff that we can agree to.

I disagree on Point one 

I also strongly disagree that people start missing picks in rounds six and seven (you didn't say this) 

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Honestly, I completely disagree with you. I agree with SirA on limiting it to one draft year. I do think they should be "unlocked" at the start of the BDL Draft so they can be used to move around the draft.

I set up my proposals in a way that should allow us to discuss this part.  

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I don't get the resistance to being able to trade PFA selections during the draft just like drafted players are now.

It's the trading back into the first round feel to get your guy that fell now and someone else takes a better position after knowing where the chips fell.

Also I could see PFA selections being offered for guys that get selected that other teams coveted as well.

All good reasons to make them Tradable once the BDL Draft starts not ends.

Honestly, it's not a hill I am willing to die on.  I think it can be discussed as part of 16d.

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I don't see why we can't just label them as Rounds 1 - 9.  Its just that 1 -5 are draft 1 and 6 - 9 are draft 2.  Yay, 2 Drafts!

That's essentially what I am suggesting.  

4 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I don't see why we can't just label them as Rounds 1 - 9.  Its just that 1 -5 are draft 1 and 6 - 9 are draft 2.  Yay, 2 Drafts!

I'm getting there but that would be too much of a change for most people.

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

Make it 9 rounds total, treat all picks as tradeable in the same manner (No new restrictions), and 4 year deals for rounds 1 - 5 and I'm on board.

And rounds 8 and 9 would be after the draft?

Just now, SirA1 said:

LOL. Rags would have a coronary.

No, I wouldn't.  I am one person trying to reach a functional compromise and actually work this out.  

Don't be an *** when I am actively discussing this with you to try and find a deal that would actually get passed.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Maybe in the future, but I was saying that for this upcoming draft, we keep the 7 and 2 set up the same.  7 rounds before the RL draft, 2 rounds after.  

Nah, let's start the Draft #1 Rounds 1-5 and Draft #2 Rounds 6-9 this year.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

No, I wouldn't.  I am one person trying to reach a functional compromise and actually work this out.  

Don't be an *** when I am actively discussing this with you to try and find a deal that would actually get passed.

I'm just saying that after being super opposed to reducing the draft to 5 rounds and adding 2 rounds of PFA. Seeing pheltz propose basically just that phrased in a different way wouldn't fly with you.

I'm fine with a 7-2 split this year as I think 2020 is when any major changes should take place. And the reason I wanted to bring this up in the summer and not now.

I disagree on your phrasing of 16d as I believe lots of owners would jump at the chance to add more tradable assets to their warchests so it needs to be more focused on being the singular draft tradable only.

Archived