BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

No. 

It's about the season as a whole. It's not about week 1. I just happened to use your week 1 mistake as an example. It's not about you. It's not about Hawaii in specific. It's not about a missed gameplan or any specific instance. 

I don't know if I'm just viewing this the way I'd feel, but people should miss the playoffs and be able to look back and identify exactly why. I know why my team sucked two years ago, and I looked to fix it. I know why I lost last year, and I'm trying to fix it. 

One game can keep anyone from being in the playoffs period. Tis the nature of the beast. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Also, I would have much rather resolved the issue of regular season length before we voted to change playoff rules.  

Honestly, why are we keep pushing the regular season vote to the side? Can we not solve this issue now? Why not knock it out while voting on the playoffs rules?

1 minute ago, BringinDaPain said:

Honestly, why are we keep pushing the regular season vote to the side? Can we not solve this issue now? Why not knock it out while voting on the playoffs rules?

I dont know.  

I really want an official vote on Prop 35.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Also, I would have much rather resolved the issue of regular season length before we voted to change playoff rules.  

Im pretty sure we are set on length just not the when.

Good lord y'all frustrating me right now.

There are two items: 1. Season length 2. Playoff size

Whicker made a valid point that if we were to decide on a reduction from 8 playoff teams to 4 (which we probably aren't), it would alter the discussion on season length. 

Unless someone makes a case on why item 11 impacts item 12 and therefore should be voted before then we'll stick to that plan.

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Good lord y'all frustrating me right now.

There are two items: 1. Season length 2. Playoff size

Whicker made a valid point that if we were to decide on a reduction from 8 playoff teams to 4 (which we probably aren't), it would alter the discussion on season length. 

Unless someone makes a case on why item 11 impacts item 12 and therefore should be voted before then we'll stick to that plan.

I would say that deciding the season length has a much bigger impact on playoffs.  

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I would say that deciding the season length has a much bigger impact on playoffs.  

Not really no. Whether we run a 12 or 14 games reg season and whether we have a Thanksgiving bye or not doesn't impact the question on whether we should have 4, 6 or 8 teams in the playofffs

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Not really no. Whether we run a 12 or 14 games reg season and whether we have a Thanksgiving bye or not doesn't impact the question on whether we should have 4, 6 or 8 teams in the playofffs

I personally would like to do 14 regular season games with 6 teams in the playoffs.

Archived