What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Agreed. And I like Haskins and am intrigued by Murray and Jones. I just think Rosen is slightly better and more refined than those prospects. I don't get the Rosen hate. He was a rookie playing on a team filled with abominations. 

Woops...

If Murray goes one his value is irrelevant to the rest of the league.  I’m a Buckeye fan and like Haskins, but he’s a one year starter.  If I had to rank all the prospects of the last 2 classes at the time of the draft it would look like this.

Darnold (yep, he was my 1)

Baker (my 1B, loved him and was thrilled to take him)

Rosen

Murray (But I do get the interest with KK, he’s a great fit)

Haskins

I didn’t seem enough from anyone else to interest me tbh.  

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

17 easily.  Laughing about it.  High fiving dudes.

Saquan and Rosen and BPA at 6 is a nice start to the rebuild.

No doubt. We've seen worse QBs go for more. 

Remember when everyone was saying the most they'd give for Bradford was a fourth or fifth? 😂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’re not just negotiating with the Cardinals, there negotiating against the rest of the league.

Gun to my head I take Rosen over every QB in this draft (but I realize others wouldn’t).  3/4 of the teams picking between 10-20 need a QB and won’t get anyone close to as talented as Rosen where they’re at.

I realize you’re not getting the full benefit of the rookie deal, but you’re getting a guy with a year of experience who should be ready to roll.

Why are you paying full price for a QB on sale? I could understand giving a 1st if Bosa was the Cardinals pick, but all report/rumors point to Murray being the pick. This IMO is what decreases the value the Cardinals get back. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Why are you paying full price for a QB on sale? I could understand giving a 1st if Bosa was the Cardinals pick, but all report/rumors point to Murray being the pick. This IMO is what decreases the value the Cardinals get back. 

Sam Bradford went for a first and future fourth. And he was, what, 28 and already had a reputation of being made of glass.

Rosen just turned 22 and would probably be the first QB taken if he was in this draft class. He was the 10th overall pick last year who now has a year of NFL experience.

I really doubt his value has depreciated at all.

Why should the Cardinals get a 1st round pick for Rosen when their the team bringing in a guy to replace him? They took Rosen with thier 1st round pick last year and now expect the same in return because THEY want Murray? It was thier own decisions and choices that put them in this situation. If I'm a GM I'd take Rosen off thier hands but not for the same value they got him for. What do you they do if teams decline to give up a 1st or 2nd in this years draft? Would they take a 2020 2nd? 

Edited by Skins212689

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sam Bradford went for a first and future fourth. And he was, what, 28 and already had a reputation of being made of glass.

Rosen just turned 22 and would probably be the first QB taken if he was in this draft class. He was the 10th overall pick last year who now has a year of NFL experience.

I really doubt his value has depreciated at all.

The fact the Cardinals are already looking to replace him, the value for what they get back for him IMO is depreciated. Rosen talent speaks for itself and is what got him drafted in the top 10 last year. Why am I giving the Cardinals a 1st round pick for Rosen knowing they are taking Murray #1? Both QBs cant be the Cardinals Franchise QB. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The fact the Cardinals are already looking to replace him, the value for what they get back for him IMO is depreciated. Rosen talent speaks for itself and is what got him drafted in the top 10 last year. Why am I giving the Cardinals a 1st round pick for Rosen knowing they are taking Murray #1? Both QBs cant be the Cardinals Franchise QB. 

Because you're not gonna be the only team making an offer. And the Cardinals don't have to trade him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Because you're not gonna be the only team making an offer. And the Cardinals don't have to trade him.

They do have to trade him if they take Murray. They definitely dont want a RG3 vs Cousins type saga. I understand I'm not the only one making offers, but I'M definitely not starting my offer with a 1st rounder. Who thought Brown could be had for a 3rd and 5th round pick. He's had 6 consecutive 100 catching seasons. We can agree to disagree and just wait things out. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They do have to trade him if they take Murray. They definitely dont want a RG3 vs Cousins type saga. I understand I'm not the only one making offers, but I'M definitely not starting my offer with a 1st rounder. Who thought Brown could be had for a 3rd and 5th round pick. He's had 6 consecutive 100 catching seasons. We can agree to disagree and just wait things out. 

Brown pushed his way out. He had to be traded. Rosen doesn't. 

They could just let the best man win and/or wait for an injury. Rosen is cheap af for the next four years.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Why are you asking the same question repetitively when both myself and @bucsfan333 have answered it?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why are you asking the same question repetitively when both myself and @bucsfan333 have answered it?

You saying that you would do something is not explaining why you would it. If you did explain why you would make that move, I guess I missed it. I know I've explained Why I wouldn't be offering a 1st round pick for Rosen.