All-NBA Predictions

dtait93

On 3/5/2019 at 1:37 PM, champ11 said:

He's having an arguably better season for a team that is having more team success....and Embiid is about to miss significant time. I think people will lean Embiid because he can be the most dominant dude in the league, but on a night to night basis Jokic is the better offensive player (pretty easily, IMO). 

I think it's close and I wouldn't get upset if Embiid ended up staying healthy the whole year....but I think it should at least be close when it probably won't be. If he misses a lot of time Jokic should get the nod though IMO 

If you want to make the argument that Jokic is better offensively pretty easily then I can make the argument that Embiid is in another stratosphere defensively... Both are elite offensive players; One is an elite Defender.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:55 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

1st Team: Curry, Harden, George, Giannis, Jokic

2nd Team: Kyrie, Lillard, Durant, Leonard, Embiid

3rd Team: Westbrook, Walker, Lebron, Griffin Gobert

Holiday and Bledsoe come to mind as 2 guys who would have an argument for one of those last guard spots. I give nod to Gobert narrowly over KAT and Vucevic.

Bold are the 3 which I don't think there is any debate for. 

Is there really anyone at the SF position that has an argument over George? I feel like he's a lock for first team as well.

45 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

If you want to make the argument that Jokic is better offensively pretty easily then I can make the argument that Embiid is in another stratosphere defensively... Both are elite offensive players; One is an elite Defender.

Yeah - Embiid is a much more dominant defender. But the Nuggets do have a better defense than the Sixers. Honestly kind of shocking w how dominant defensively Embiid appears w the eye test. Jokic is also better than people think defensively. 

Like I said - it’s an argument that can go either way imo. Jokic creates more points than Embiid and is the hub of the offense and only star on a team that is second in the tougher conference. Embiid is one of three stars on a team w/ less success in the weaker conference. 

This is what I mean when I say Jokic creates more points than Embiid @BlaqOptic : 

Jokic has a better eFG % (54v51) while they have an equal TS% (59) due to Embiid drawing almost 11 Fts per game vs 5.5 for Jokic. They turn it over the same amount per 100 possessions. Advanced stats are better for Jokic pretty much across the board. Nuggets have a 105 d rating when Jokic is on the court and the Sixers have a 104 d rating while Embiid is on the court - so although Embiid is clearly the better defender, the defenses for the two teams play similarly well when they are on the court. 

26 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

LeBron on a minutes restriction the rest of the season. Could miss All-NBA all together.

Doubt it. PG/Kawhi/KD/Giannis and who else at forward is a threat to knock LeBron off the All NBA team? Griffin has played well but he's not getting in over LeBron. AD is considered a C, and the only other guy you can make any argument for is probably Harris. And he's not getting over LeBron.

LeBron isn't going to be 1st or 2nd team, but he will be on the 3rd team. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Doubt it. PG/Kawhi/KD/Giannis and who else at forward is a threat to knock LeBron off the All NBA team? Griffin has played well but he's not getting in over LeBron. AD is considered a C, and the only other guy you can make any argument for is probably Harris. And he's not getting over LeBron.

LeBron isn't going to be 1st or 2nd team, but he will be on the 3rd team. 

Griffin and Simmons.

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, that would be embarrassing if they get in over him. Well one can join him on the 3rd team. 

Harden didn't make 3rd team when he averaged 29, 8, and 6 on a 41 win team.  LeBron shouldn't make it as his averages fall.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Harden didn't make 3rd team when he averaged 29, 8, and 6 on a 41 win team.  LeBron shouldn't make it as his averages fall.

And that was wrong what they did to Harden.

LeBron's numbers still trump Griffin/Simmons. Dude is going to be on the 3rd team, no need to overthink it. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And that was wrong what they did to Harden.

LeBron's numbers still trump Griffin/Simmons. Dude is going to be on the 3rd team, no need to overthink it. 

I'm not saying it's right, but there's precedent.  Putting up great numbers on bad teams can be trumped by good numbers on good teams.

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not saying it's right, but there's precedent.  Putting up great numbers on bad teams can be trumped by good numbers on good teams.

That's true. But Lebron is a precedent in his own right. He's a lock for 3rd team IMO. But, there's a TON of hype around him giving up, not playing defense, being selfish, etc. right now, so that could sway the results a bit.. so I guess ya never know.

Archived