Leisher's 2019 Mock draft Post-Combine, with disclaimer.

jleisher

8 hours ago, Hands said:

This is definitely a wish list that's not happening. Dee Ford is like Nick Perry after he had his one good season. I doubt the Packers are interested. Now, I could be wrong, but I think that Zarious and/or Preston Smith would be targets. They both stop the run and put pressure on the QB. I think Perry, Cobb and CMIII are all gone which is why Gutsy grabs two guys. Breeland is a guy that Green Bay needs to keep. Tramon as well because of his FS work. 

Your mock could be right except there are several guys that will never fall that far down like CGJ and McGary. 

Ford's getting a bum rap here I  think.  He had 10 sacks, 12 TFL and 17 QBH in 2016 with 70% of the defensive snaps. That season was comparable to what Perry had done over his career up until his year 5 season.  Ford was hurt and played only a partial amount of his snaps in 2017 and was a beast this last yea.  r in regards to pressuring the QB (13 sacks and 29 QBHs).

Not interested in Tramon.  He's not a starting caliber CB or Safety and he's one of the 10 highest paid players on the roster.  We can't afford to pay that sort of price for a bottom of the roster vet who doesn't hold an ounce of long term value.  Would rather give that roster spot to a younger player with more upside.

2 hours ago, Slinky said:

And his last mock, your only response was "why?". 

You, and others, seem way too bothered by these things. It isn't that serious. 

Again, I revert back to the question. Why do you assume that anyone is bothered by anything? 

12 hours ago, Hands said:

This is definitely a wish list that's not happening. Dee Ford is like Nick Perry after he had his one good season. I doubt the Packers are interested. Now, I could be wrong, but I think that Zarious and/or Preston Smith would be targets. They both stop the run and put pressure on the QB. I think Perry, Cobb and CMIII are all gone which is why Gutsy grabs two guys. Breeland is a guy that Green Bay needs to keep. Tramon as well because of his FS work. 

Your mock could be right except there are several guys that will never fall that far down like CGJ and McGary. 

Dee Ford has 25 sacks over his last 37 games.  Nick Perry has 18.5 sacks over his last 45 games.  Yeah, I'm not really seeing the similarities here at all.

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Dee Ford has 25 sacks over his last 37 games.  Nick Perry has 18.5 sacks over his last 45 games.  Yeah, I'm not really seeing the similarities here at all.

This time last year:

Nick Perry - 18 sacks in his last 26 games
Dee Ford - 17.5 sacks in his last 51 games

I don't know much about Ford, but the implication is clearly that he broke out in a contract year.

14 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

This time last year:

Nick Perry - 18 sacks in his last 26 games
Dee Ford - 17.5 sacks in his last 51 games

I don't know much about Ford, but the implication is clearly that he broke out in a contract year.

In Perry's first 51 games he had 12.5 sacks. Perry didn't even sniff a 10 sack season until contract year. Ford already had 1 before his contract year and was on pace for a 2nd if not for injury. I'm not saying Ford is worth the price. But comparing him to Perry seems like a stretch. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

In Perry's first 51 games he had 12.5 sacks. Perry didn't even sniff a 10 sack season until contract year. Ford already had 1 before his contract year and was on pace for a 2nd if not for injury. I'm not saying Ford is worth the price. But comparing him to Perry seems like a stretch. 

I agree with all of that and have no horse in this race. Just showing the numbers behind the point I believe @Hands is trying to make.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Again, I revert back to the question. Why do you assume that anyone is bothered by anything? 

I picture posters freaking out because it makes their response much funnier...I imagine them reacting similar to Rodgers in that video of him throwing the tablet on the sideline after an INT.

This mock would be great. Great influx of talent to the roster but like others said, it isn’t likely or accurate with the projections. I like many of the draft picks though. Was fun to read.

Archived