Carson Wentz contract

Hey guys so I was doing a little research on the tv deals. The direct tv tv contract which is the sunday ticket, expires in 2022, but the NFL can opt out after the 2019 season, the espn Monday night football contract expires in 2021 and thursday night is 2022. The NFL gets 1.5 billion a year from direct tv, and I think its going to sky rocket at the next negotiation. With how much the caps been going up per season and if we get a new contract with direct tv the cap is going to sky rocket. I hope Howie is smart enough to sign Wentz to a long term deal before this happens 

On top of that, you have legalized sports gambling slowly sweeping through the country. We should see those returns next year more. And then the CBA expires in 202...which likely adds more cap space too.

i think the biggest thing holding them back besides cap space is the question marks with his health. But does make sense to buy early for pure savings

He's  already established  that. If Dak GD Prescott can somehow get a Long Term FQB contract, Wentz sure as hell can. 

This matching and moaning like Wentz isn't  the answer, not our FQB moving forward because  poor little Nicky is no longer here is getting absurd!!

He gets it when the Money which is going  to be rediculous opens up. That's the Market. 

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's  already established  that. If Dak GD Prescott can somehow get a Long Term FQB contract, Wentz sure as hell can. 

This matching and moaning like Wentz isn't  the answer, not our FQB moving forward because  poor little Nicky is no longer here is getting absurd!!

He gets it when the Money which is going  to be rediculous opens up. That's the Market. 

It has nothing to do with Nick

we are paying him potatoes this year, there is really no rush not to. Given his injuries let’s just take a season and make sure things are back to normal. We still have his option year and franchise tags, there really isn’t any rush.

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It has nothing to do with Nick

we are paying him potatoes this year, there is really no rush not to. Given his injuries let’s just take a season and make sure things are back to normal. We still have his option year and franchise tags, there really isn’t any rush.

Did you even read this thread? It gives you all the reason to sign him next year instead of paying 22 million for a 5th year and 28-29 mill for a franchises Qb? Opens up cap flexibility that year and we get it in before massive tv contracts

7 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Did you even read this thread? It gives you all the reason to sign him next year instead of paying 22 million for a 5th year and 28-29 mill for a franchises Qb? Opens up cap flexibility that year and we get it in before massive tv contracts

Lol yes, I agreed with you, and gave more reasons coming up too.

bit stating the obvious factors on the other side why you might wait. Like we aren’t being thrifty if he goes out there and gets hurt again.

honestly way I’d do it if I was Howie, if we have a late Bye, sign him then

Archived