Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

I am not too excited about the Amendola signing.  Assuming he stays healthy, he could be a decent stop-gap while we develop a slot WR like Andy Isabella or Terry Macluren.  Jesse James is a solid two-way TE and should settle things down.  We still need a blocking TE we can find that after the dust settles in free agency.  Flowers could have a much better impact here than in New England given the fact that he played next to some pretty so-so DTs.  Coleman is an interesting signing.  He should lock down or #3 CB position.  

If we get Anthony Barr, we will have three LBs that could put 5-7 sacks each.  That would make us pretty tough to scheme against

We still need to address #2RB and RG but at least on paper, things are looking good so far.

Not bad for old Quinn. Wasn't sure he was going to spend.

Not sure I love Coleman or Amendola. But, I like Flowers and James. Maybe we can squeeze a value signing somewhere. I wanted the Oline addressed but Idk, they want to spend money on the secondary more. 

34 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

Will be happy if they snag J. Collins (if it's a solid price) or Barr. Still need help at LB, but it was a good day 1. 

Think today opens up the possibility of an OL at #8 or Greedy Williams. 

Collins signed elsewhere IIRC

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

Not bad for old Quinn. Wasn't sure he was going to spend.

Not sure I love Coleman or Amendola. But, I like Flowers and James. Maybe we can squeeze a value signing somewhere. I wanted the Oline addressed but Idk, they want to spend money on the secondary more. 

Coleman’s a great signing IMO. If we add Barr I see us going Oline or CB in the draft

EDIT* Knew he'd come out swinging this offseason. Wasn't sure how Quinn was going to spend though. 

Don't hate Flowers/James.

Not a fan of Coleman/Amendola signings. Shooting about 50/50 so far for me, which isn't terrible cause he's got a lot of off-season left to snag up a value signing or two. Wanted the Oline addressed and maybe RB too but... Both can still be had so I'm not too worried. It seems they wanted to spend more money on the secondary than Oline. 

Just now, ManeLine said:

Jamie Collins? I don't think he's signed yet but I might have missed it

Ah no. Misread your J for an L. Cuz I’m dumb. 

J Collins is still available but I’m hesitant with the stuff coming out on him. Maybe Patricia could get him focused and developed.

8 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

Coleman’s a great signing IMO. If we add Barr I see us going Oline or CB in the draft

Still holding out hope they steer towards that Dline talent; Or Devin White Personally but I'm catching the vibe you're feeling. Think it could be a CB early with Oline on day 2. 

Archived