Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

58 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

Just throwing this out thee, but wonder if Arizona would do our 2nd for Patrick Peterson? Or some sort of bundle of picks. Would really open up the possibilities for #8

Doubtful but I wouldn’t be against it. 

Just now, MortexLion said:

What about still keeping Ziggy? Thoughts...contract thoughts?

I would be a Huge supporter of bringing him back on an incentive based contract but I don’t see it happening.

Given his injury history I don’t think he finds the contract he wants or the situation that would be ideal for him.

However, it seems like the Lions have been cold on him returning 

1 hour ago, MortexLion said:

Anyone hear anything on the contract Barr got? think CJ would still be in play? Justin Houston could be an option..

I think Barr got like 15 per.

Based on my calculations, I don't think we can or would go after another big signing unless there's more cuts or a trade.

2 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Justin Houston LB to the Lions?

It would be possible, however he's going to want a decent chunk of change and in order for it to work the contracts they agreed to today need to be fairly backloaded to fit in someone like Houston.

They could still use a RB, wouldn't be shocked to see them add one on top of re-signing Zenner. They need a TE but they can draft one early on, no real need to sign another TE outside of a vet minimum camp-competition type of situation. My guess is that they'll pursue a cheaper vet to start at either RG or at CB, basically wherever they can find a good value first. Whichever position they don't fill probably becomes the target in round 2. Could target someone like DJ Fluker, although it's a long-shot he comes cheap. IDK if Rashaan Melvin is a fit, but he could be an option at corner. I really like the idea of signing Jason McCourty, he'd be a good fit and a good stop gap. They could also go the risky route and take chances on talented players coming off of injuries like Jason Verrett or Kayvon Webster. They missed out on Barr, Mosley is going to be too expensive, and Hicks could actually get pretty expensive as well, so LB is looking like a long-shot in free agency. Wouldn't be shocked to see them use a 3rd round pick at LB to rotate with, and eventually take over for, Christian Jones.

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

The only rumour I can find still floating around is Ingram. But he has heavy interest. 

He'd be a good addition. He can play in any situation/role they need and he's still a talented player. 

So far we've signed DE Trey Flowers, CB Justin Coleman, TE Jesse James and WR Danny Amendola. That's actually a damn good group considering where we were last season. On paper that improves us dramatically. I think it should leave us with about half our remaining cap?

Am I missing anyone?

We now need a #2 CB and a G. I'd also like an OLB, S, and an edge. Then we need depth pretty much across the board.

Archived