Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

11 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah I wanted Donald(old SN was JRUGGES) but in FFMD I think I endorsed the Gilbert selection, and like you said, FAIL FAIL FAIL. An though I just made fun of him, IDOG did say steer clear of him, so, I'll give him some props for that one for sure if I'm going to hold things like Ebron against him. 

Honestly I respect IDOG a lot, He knows the game well and is pretty good at evaluating talent. Sometimes, possibly like me, I think he gets full of it on prospects though. To say I don't look at his mocks or read his insight on things isn't true. There are many ways to build / run a team and most of the time me and him are just on the opposite side of the spectrum. Doesn't mean he's wrong or I'm right, just means we prolly won't work together well lol. 

I would definitely say that IDOG (and others) have a better handle on some of this stuff than I do. I don't get to watch the Lions play as much as I would like because my "local" market is Buffalo (despite being 7 hours away) and we wind up with a lot of Packer games as part of national broadcasts. I also haven't been able to watch as much of the college games as I used to. Most of my stuff comes from: mock drafts, combine/pro day, YouTube highlights, draft magazines and FF comments. I'm starting to look at a lot more in terms of measurables, stats, PFF grades, etc. and doing current player comps to help get a better handle on things. Anything that could help improve my understanding and knowledge is a positive.

I'm looking at the impact of drafting Devin White and sliding Davis over to replace Christian Jones right now. Interesting enough, PFF has JD as a WLB and CJ as MLB.

Kinda of holding out hope for a few minor guys. 

OG AJ Cann, RB T.J. Yeldon, ILB Ramik Wilson, CB Darqueze Dennard, maybe a flier on someone like OLB Jake Ryan. If they replaced Yeldon with Crowell I wouldn't hate it, just prefer Yeldon because I think he's more a versatile RB. 

I liked John Miller but I've heard rumors he's going to Cincy. 

Pats just released Adrian Clayborn. Will be interesting to see where he goes. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him for more help on the edge. He graded well with PFF despite only 2.5 sacks. 13 QB hits but only 11 tackles (Hand had 3 sacks and 37 tackles respectively with 2 QB hits). Wiki says he asked for his release - so it's possible that he thinks he could be a better player in a different scheme with more opportunity.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

What do you guys think of in adding Mo Claiborne and/or Darqueze Dennard? PFF has Dennard rated highly as a run stopping corner in the slot. Claiborne has his challenges but is a veteran guy that makes plays (and also penalties).

Unless they think Justin Hunter can play in the slot and on the outside, why bring in Denard?  Claiborne never lived up to the hype and doesn't seem to offer much.

5 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Unless they think Justin Hunter can play in the slot and on the outside, why bring in Denard?  Claiborne never lived up to the hype and doesn't seem to offer much.

Coleman played outside in NE and in the slot in SEA. He was most successful in the slot but maybe they'd be open to having him move around.

Any word yet on Ziggy? Saw that he had a couple interviews for the bills and the saints but haven't heard anything after...From what some podcast and YT have been saying is that the Lions value Ansah more then other teams...did we offer something..is he thinking things over? I'd really like the guy back on a incentive contract. 

Archived