Cobra Kai - Season 2

43M

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

theres a video of the actor saying he is doing season 2 out their in the ether. Whether he is being real or not is suspect buuuuut we can dream

If they do a season 3, which I'm sure they will, they will need more to fuel the story...the presence of Mike Barnes could do that.  I was also hoping Elizabeth Shue would make an appearance at some point.

One more note on season 2...it looks like it will be less humor.  Obviously too soon to say, but it looks like the action is the focus.  They clearly upped their game on the fight choreography.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's just me - but I didn't really get into S2. It was good, but several rungs below S1. It was trying too hard to go to the nostalgia route, it rehashed a lot of concepts from S1, but in a lesser manner. New characters (outside of Tory, who seems really complex and probably has an interesting back story to get into) were pretty dull. Stingray was too forced, I didn't find him funny at all - he actually distracted from a lot of stuff going on, could have done without him.

Fight choreography was EXCELLENT this run though, those kids put in a lot of work to make it look good. The final fight scene was pretty damn crazy, all over the place. The cameras would be on one fight, and seamlessly switch to another, and you'd see chaos just all over the place, it was very well done.

I'll be waiting for S3, but not as much as I was waiting for this season.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Maybe it's just me - but I didn't really get into S2. It was good, but several rungs below S1. It was trying too hard to go to the nostalgia route, it rehashed a lot of concepts from S1, but in a lesser manner. New characters (outside of Tory, who seems really complex and probably has an interesting back story to get into) were pretty dull. Stingray was too forced, I didn't find him funny at all - he actually distracted from a lot of stuff going on, could have done without him.

Fight choreography was EXCELLENT this run though, those kids put in a lot of work to make it look good. The final fight scene was pretty damn crazy, all over the place. The cameras would be on one fight, and seamlessly switch to another, and you'd see chaos just all over the place, it was very well done.

Well Said. If Elisabeth Shue is there as Ali I'll be all over season 3.

Side note - had no idea Tory was played by Peyton List of Disney fame. My son used to watch her shows non-stop. 

First Debby Ryan, now Peyton List. Next you're gonna tell me Ariana Grande is all grown up...

On 4/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, ET80 said:

I don't think it's quite as good as season 1, but I still very much enjoyed it. There were several aspects of the season I absolutely loved... Including Johnny's vulnerability, his relationship with his friends, and Kreese. Can't wait for season 3... Another full year though... Yuck.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:33 PM, TENINCH said:

Really good season. A little cheesy but that's what you get with a 55 year old Ralph Machio.

The original Karate Kid was a little cheesy... It's part of the charm in my opinion.