Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

showtime

I suck at this game... I just got to the Butterfly lady so in my 2 available paths I'm stuck at 2 bosses. That said I only tried Butterfly like 3 times before I had to go so maybe I won't be stuck for too long. The other boss is some Ghost or something on a horse. But I'm loving it 

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I suck at this game... I just got to the Butterfly lady so in my 2 available paths I'm stuck at 2 bosses. That said I only tried Butterfly like 3 times before I had to go so maybe I won't be stuck for too long. The other boss is some Ghost or something on a horse. But I'm loving it 

Go to the immortal samurai guy at the dilapidated temple and practice deflecting with him. That's the key to almost every boss fight in this game.

2 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

The firecracker and the grapple attack skill are very helpful for the horse boss.  You can get up close and whittle him away during his first phase.  During the second phase you can stay at range and grapple attack, then follow up with a firecracker.  He will still swing at you, but the horse will spook for a few seconds.

For Lady Butterfly I would practice jumping over the sweep attacks.  Once you get the timing down you can really punish those.  During the second phase, stick by a pillar for her ranged attacks.  They’re not as bad as that dying guy in front of the boss room says they are.

16 hours ago, Starless said:

Is it me or is the hitbox on True Corrupted Monk's thrust attack really broken?

I was able to beat her fairly quickly regardless, but it was the first time in the game I found myself annoyed by something like that.

I had trouble blocking a lot of her attacks to be honest.  I mixed in a lot of the umbrella and projected force

3 hours ago, Starless said:

lol I really f'd up by not acquiring Mikiri Counter until the final act of the game.

This is actually really impressive lol. How did you beat Shinobi Killer in the Estates and Seven Spears without Mikiri counter?

I bought an xbox one more or less for this game. I absolutely love it. It is really satisfying when you beat a boss and I feel myself getting a lot better at the game. At its core, it is like a rhythm game; the combat feels like a more difficult Batman: Arkham series game.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, MdTitansFan56 said:

I started at butterfly lady too early, I got around 20 tries before finally killing her, perhaps you are doing that as well. 

I am now at the village with all the ghosts that suddenly appears.

46 hours in, and I just beat the final boss.

Man, it took me about 15-20 hours to actually grasp the combat system, but I did really enjoy it after that. Final boss was tough (took me about 2 hours of attempts, and four attempts at his final phase to get that last deathblow). Fittingly, it easily took me the longest of all the bosses.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I farmed skill points for a bit near the end and upped my attack power by 3 just by using skill points. I had AP 16 against the final boss.

22 minutes ago, TheChad said:

46 hours in, and I just beat the final boss.

Man, it took me about 15-20 hours to actually grasp the combat system, but I did really enjoy it after that. Final boss was tough (took me about 2 hours of attempts, and four attempts at his final phase to get that last deathblow). Fittingly, it easily took me the longest of all the bosses.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I farmed skill points for a bit near the end and upped my attack power by 3 just by using skill points. I had AP 16 against the final boss.

You do what you gotta do man, slowly enjoying the game while streamers are doing no damage runs etc. Just insane how good they are. 

• 3 weeks later...