Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

showtime

From the developers that has brought us Armored Core, Dark Souls and Bloodborne - FromSoftware has now brought us Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.  The game is set during the Sengoku period in Japan (1460-1600).  It was a time military conflict and constant social upheaval.  Seems like the plot of this game is Sekiro attempts to take revenge on a samurai who attacked him and kidnapped his lord.  As cited from Wikipedia.

The game looks amazing graphically.  A couple of differences between this and Dark Souls is the movement ability, being able to pause the game and being able to respawn when you die.  I'm not completely sure of all the details, but I am excited.  I haven't been this excited for a release since Monster Hunter World early last year.  I already have the game pre-ordered.

The game releases on PS4, Xbox One and Steam on March 22, 2019.

The official launch trailer was released today: 

6 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I think I'd get this one over Ghost of Tsushima, not sure I'll actually get it, but it looks good. I'll probably watch someone play a bit and decide from there.

There are quite a few pure game play videos up on YouTube. 

Here's 40 minutes of game play with some commentary from three people.

Just now, showtime said:

Aren't all pre-orders done blindly?

I'm not even interested in any details about this game because I don't want to know anything before I play it. I saw the debut trailer and nothing else. Bloodborne was Dark Souls to Van Helsing, this is Dark Souls to feudal Japan. I don't need to know anything else.

3 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I'm not even interested in any details about this game because I don't want to know anything before I play it. I saw the debut trailer and nothing else. Bloodborne was Dark Souls to Van Helsing, this is Dark Souls to feudal Japan. I don't need to know anything else.

I changed my post, but you responded too quickly haha.  I've watched some game play because I really didn't want another Dark Souls game.  This game looks so much better and more fun to play, while still being very challenging - which is exactly what I wanted.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I changed my post, but you responded too quickly haha.  I've watched some game play because I really didn't want another Dark Souls game.  This game looks so much better and more fun to play, while still being very challenging - which is exactly what I wanted.

Yea, FS did a great job leaving the DS series. I don't think anything more needs to be added to that series. Also I like that there's no Bloodborne sequel, that game and universe is perfect as is. More games in different settings with their core model is what I want. Maybe the next game could be a post apocalyptic game.

Edited by Mossburg

On 3/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, showtime said:

Apparently this game won't have any multiplayer/coop elements at all.  Pretty cool.

I think invasions/summons are a core aspect of Souls games but weren’t needed in BB.  Co-op has always been pretty janky in these games anyway.